Would you like a Cigar?

Gents,

As mentioned in my previous post, I've recently picked up a new humidor to cover my latest purchases. The downside is that it can theoretically hold 200 more cigars than it currently holds.

I have an excellent (if I do say so myself) collection of absolutely top draw Cubans at present, but little in the way of 'everyday' smokes. I'd also like to expand my horizons beyond Cuba. Anyone got any recommendations for longer, full bodied although not necessarily massive ring gauge smokes at a price point of less than £20 ($25ish) you'd recommend? Dominican, Nicaraguan, where ever really, although ideally something I can source in the UK.

Thanks for the help!
Al.
At the $25 price point, you are up in the Super Premium range of Cigars. Davidoff, Padron, Ashton, just to name a few of the high quality brands.
I am a big fan of Don Pepin Garcia, and the entire My Father Cigar line. Prices range from approx $9.00 - $13.00 a single stick, and have many to choose from.
Drew Estate has dozens of choices, with my favorite beingbthe Undercrown Maduro.
Arturo Fuente Cigars are always good blends, in a quality lineup.
Take a look at some of the online Cigar retailers. You can cruise the different cigars, prices, and info available for the Central American Tobaccos.

All the Oliva blends are very good also.

Camacho
AVO

Both subsidiaries of Davidoff.

Gents,

As mentioned in my previous post, I've recently picked up a new humidor to cover my latest purchases. The downside is that it can theoretically hold 200 more cigars than it currently holds.

I have an excellent (if I do say so myself) collection of absolutely top draw Cubans at present, but little in the way of 'everyday' smokes. I'd also like to expand my horizons beyond Cuba. Anyone got any recommendations for longer, full bodied although not necessarily massive ring gauge smokes at a price point of less than £20 ($25ish) you'd recommend? Dominican, Nicaraguan, where ever really, although ideally something I can source in the UK.

Thanks for the help!
Al.

You might try an EL Rey Del Mundo Flor De Llaneza. It is a good size torpedo, smokes well, full bodied and full flavor. Not one you see every day. Best of luck.

When you are stuck at home with Cabin fever...happiness...is a full Herf-a-dor, and cold beer in the Fridge.
20200322_081408.jpeg

I normally don’t smoke flavored cigars, I do make an exception for the Acid Kuba, Kuba

5BF3750C-C0ED-4AF5-B9F7-7976FF6E9ADC.jpeg

I normally don’t smoke flavored cigars, I do make an exception for the Acid Kuba, Kuba

View attachment 337832
I concur.

Kuba Kuba to me is like having dessert if don’t normally eat dessert. It has that unique sweet but not too overpowering flavor and is great at the end of a long smoking binge when you just can’t decide what to smoke next. A box will last me about 6 months, which is unheard of for other unflavored stogies.

I like those Kuba Kuba's as well - I have an old small humidor that I keep them in and the smell is great when I open it!

As soon as the weather get's a bit nicer I'll start getting outside and smoking a few sticks. I don't brave the cold weather much in the winter to sit outside long enough to really enjoy.

What I smoked this afternoon

5FB8ABA0-362C-48B5-8E85-25314B5DBC7D.jpeg

This is what I smoked last night. One of those days that I needed something real good, and this cigar filled that square. Padrons Anniversarios & Oliva V Melanio are my favorite cigars. This cigar which had a claro wrapper compared to the maduro wrappers I normally smoke, had a creamy taste with an abundance of smoke. The flavor of this cigar was the same throughout the smoke. the last picture shows how much I left of it, and I didn't want to put it down. That's how good it was. Luckily I have 9 left. (y)(y)

Padron .jpg

Padron I.jpg

Padron II.jpg

I dropped the cigar earlier because a bug got in my shirt, and I thought it was a flying roach. Unfortunately the wrapper came off, but I continued to finish the smoke. LOL

This is what I smoked last night. One of those days that I needed something real good, and this cigar filled that square. Padrons Anniversarios & Oliva V Melanio are my favorite cigars. This cigar which had a claro wrapper compared to the maduro wrappers I normally smoke, had a creamy taste with an abundance of smoke. The flavor of this cigar was the same throughout the smoke. the last picture shows how much I left of it, and I didn't want to put it down. That's how good it was. Luckily I have 9 left. (y)(y)

View attachment 338443

View attachment 338444

View attachment 338445

I dropped the cigar earlier because a bug got in my shirt, and I thought it was a flying roach. Unfortunately the wrapper came off, but I continued to finish the smoke. LOL
Dropping a $30 Cigar? Shame on you!

. I know it, but I hate roaches and I thought one landed on me

IMG_0589.JPG
IMG_0588.JPG
My father in law had the ashtray for many years and a couple of months ago he asked if I wanted it for the Trophy Room. I don't know much about it. It's dated 1931 on the bottom and definitely appears hand carved. Since someone a very long time ago put so much effort into it that I would go ahead and put it back in service, plus it looks cool.

Smoked this top brand second earlier this afternoon, and smoking this Monti now

D2FC1496-9A66-432C-9088-A8C95A1CF278.jpeg

CF6FF838-FC49-4625-AAF6-9FD026E80FAE.jpeg

My father in law had the ashtray for many years and a couple of months ago he asked if I wanted it for the Trophy Room. I don't know much about it. It's dated 1931 on the bottom and definitely appears hand carved. Since someone a very long time ago put so much effort into it that I would go ahead and put it back in service, plus it looks cool.

That is very cool!

When I was home for 12 days, I was knocking down almost 2 Cigars a day.

View attachment 338471 View attachment 338470 My father in law had the ashtray for many years and a couple of months ago he asked if I wanted it for the Trophy Room. I don't know much about it. It's dated 1931 on the bottom and definitely appears hand carved. Since someone a very long time ago put so much effort into it that I would go ahead and put it back in service, plus it looks cool.
Handsome piece!

IMG_0590.JPG
Thought I would try this tonight. I smoked a "ACID kuba kuba" earlier...not my cup of tea.
This one is much better.

Yes sir, the Acid Kuba Kuba is definitely not a cigar for those like us who like Med-Full body cigars. It does take quite a bit to get used to it, and it’s not bad for those days that a mild-med body cigar is needed. I can only smoke them every blue moon, and couldn’t smoke them daily, too sweet and not enough complexity in the cigar. I like cigars w chocolate, coffee, nut, and spices and complex flavors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DongBabbid

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia