Whisky appreciation

I used to drink a fair bit of that. But the price has gone up about 50% in the last few years and although it’s a nice dram I think it’s now overpriced for what it is (at least where I live).

Tonight I’ll be drinking Port Charlotte 10 yr. I've also become a fan of Arran and more recently Raasay. Very different tastes but all good quality honest whiskies, non chill filtered, no added colourants, bottled at a fairly high proof, and still priced reasonably.

I also try to support local businesses and fortunately the “Can’t Call it Bourbon” from Raging Crow Distillery makes a nice old fashioned.
Port Charlotte is amazing! Excellent choice!

IMG_20240405_155849061.jpg

That bottle of Blackened Whiskey is $50 a bottle. It's got a spicy bit of a kick to it.
Blended by master distiller, Rob Dietrich, in partnership with Metallica.
James Hetfield has also introduced his own line of Blackened cigars with Drew Estate.

It’s very smooth. I definitely recommend giving it a try. Michter’s small batch bourbon is my go to. A little sharper, but great flavor and lots of body.
I really like Michter’s Rye, more than their bourbon.

It’s very smooth. I definitely recommend giving it a try. Michter’s small batch bourbon is my go to. A little sharper, but great flavor and lots of body.
That’s a great sipper and isn’t terribly hard to find either

Reactions: WAB
Tried Frey Ranch farm strength on a friends recommendation. So good I went back the next day and bought the remaining three bottles.
Image1724414282.625382.jpg

Attachments

• Image1724414241.588037.jpg
    Image1724414241.588037.jpg
    436.7 KB · Views: 20
Pappy Van Winkle is in my opinion the smoothest Bourbon.

IMG_1184.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a whiskey but damn I love this rum I am sipping at the moment. Not for the faint of heart but flavourful.

Smith & Cross traditional Jamaica rum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GenieWarke

Latest profile posts

quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]
Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa