Whisky appreciation

I used to drink a fair bit of that. But the price has gone up about 50% in the last few years and although it’s a nice dram I think it’s now overpriced for what it is (at least where I live).

Tonight I’ll be drinking Port Charlotte 10 yr. I've also become a fan of Arran and more recently Raasay. Very different tastes but all good quality honest whiskies, non chill filtered, no added colourants, bottled at a fairly high proof, and still priced reasonably.

I also try to support local businesses and fortunately the “Can’t Call it Bourbon” from Raging Crow Distillery makes a nice old fashioned.
Port Charlotte is amazing! Excellent choice!

IMG_20240405_155849061.jpg

That bottle of Blackened Whiskey is $50 a bottle. It's got a spicy bit of a kick to it.
Blended by master distiller, Rob Dietrich, in partnership with Metallica.
James Hetfield has also introduced his own line of Blackened cigars with Drew Estate.

It’s very smooth. I definitely recommend giving it a try. Michter’s small batch bourbon is my go to. A little sharper, but great flavor and lots of body.
I really like Michter’s Rye, more than their bourbon.

It’s very smooth. I definitely recommend giving it a try. Michter’s small batch bourbon is my go to. A little sharper, but great flavor and lots of body.
That’s a great sipper and isn’t terribly hard to find either

Reactions: WAB
Tried Frey Ranch farm strength on a friends recommendation. So good I went back the next day and bought the remaining three bottles.
Image1724414282.625382.jpg

Attachments

• Image1724414241.588037.jpg
    Image1724414241.588037.jpg
    436.7 KB · Views: 9
Pappy Van Winkle is in my opinion the smoothest Bourbon.

Attachments

• IMG_1184.jpeg
    IMG_1184.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 9

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knuckleball

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!