Video of giraffe harvested with 6mm

It seems to me that most Africans refer to any game meat as venison. Unless they prepare it for you and tell you what animal it came from you never really know. I always ask, not because I'm fussy, just curious. I haven't killed or eaten a giraffe though. I did ask my PH what he thought about it the last time I was in Zimbabwe. He said that the meat from cows and young bulls was "quite nice" but the "old, black bulls" was pretty much inedible due to their diet of acacia.
Interesting, we saw Giraffe on the property I hunted. Some were old and Black. I think that’s cool but then I hadn’t ever seen older black Giraffe in zoos.
The are the Giraffe were in certainly had Acacia. We have Acacia here.
My PH did say all the game meat is Venison but we were not actually talking about Giraffe at the time more the antelope species I was hunting.
When the skinners arrived to recover the Kudu they bought a bread bag to save some of the entrails and seemed pretty happy to get them. They were going to make a dish that they enjoy.
We ate blackstrap from a couple of species and the PH told us which each time.
I think I read that one species there is actually in the bovine family and is actually classed as beef.

You must have been there some time in the early 2000’s as all game meat was banned shortly after.
Why yes, you are correct. I was last there in '01. I had no idea they changed the law. Seems silly to me.

You must have been there some time in the early 2000’s as all game meat was banned shortly after.
Interesting, in South Africa game meat was processed at the out fitters Butcher shop.

Even England allow hunters to qualify to sell meat to a game dealer for HC

Why yes, you are correct. I was last there in '01. I had no idea they changed the law. Seems silly to me.
There is no legal big game hunting in Kenya. So if giraffe is on menu it’s either imported, poached, or mislabeled. It’s unlikely that it’s imported from South Africa or Namibia the only countries where game meat is commercially processed. It’s unfortunate there is no legal hunting there, but allowing giraffe or other wild game on the menu is just a different form of an unregulated bushmeat market that would encourage poaching.

If you had just said that people shoot smaller calibers better than larger calibers you wouldn't have upset many people. My memory is still very good and my quote was very close to exactly what you said. I don't care enough to look it up, but you might want to. Let it go? I already have.
Pure gold

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AstridLaff

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?