The New "Old" Ford Bronco

I went through an analysis of whether to buy one or not over the last few months as I was giving my 16 yr. old son my 2012 Tacoma with 175K miles that I have had 0 problems with.

I drove my buddy's 2022 Bronco and discussed with him obviously. As stated, road noise and lack of engine are two main drawbacks. Also, for the price I think they are a little over priced for what they are but if you want one, you want one. I get that. Lastly, I also found the Bronco dealerships not as pleasant to deal with vs. the Toyota, Dodge, etc. The Bronco guys seemed like "see what we got on the lot today, take it or leave it, they will be gone tomorrow".

I ended up buying a 2024 four door Tundra with a 3" lift from the factory and love it. More or less same price and enough power, bigger inside and smoother drive. Cheers

It is highly unlikely with the current and future immisions requirements that you will get a new diesel in the US market. Thank god we still have a good selection of diesels available.
I have a '22 Silverado with a diesel! And plan on buying another when it's time for my current one to go, hopefully a few more years down the road...

I went through an analysis of whether to buy one or not over the last few months as I was giving my 16 yr. old son my 2012 Tacoma with 175K miles that I have had 0 problems with.

I drove my buddy's 2022 Bronco and discussed with him obviously. As stated, road noise and lack of engine are two main drawbacks. Also, for the price I think they are a little over priced for what they are but if you want one, you want one. I get that. Lastly, I also found the Bronco dealerships not as pleasant to deal with vs. the Toyota, Dodge, etc. The Bronco guys seemed like "see what we got on the lot today, take it or leave it, they will be gone tomorrow".

I ended up buying a 2024 four door Tundra with a 3" lift from the factory and love it. More or less same price and enough power, bigger inside and smoother drive. Cheers

I hear you guys about the Tundra. Mine has lots of mile left in it I'm sure. @Throwback, how many miles do you have on the new Tundra? My concern with them is they're still having engine issues. I believe there was a large recall this year on the 2024s.

And it's funny how things are with dealers. The last Toyota dealer I went into......well sparing the details, I left them quite angry. The salesman was flat out rude, the sales manager no better. Told them it was the last time I planned on visiting a Toyota dealership. I'd just buy through Costco in the future.

Whereas the Ford dealerships have been great, but then they've also got a bunch of 2024 Broncos on the lot with the 2025s not far being out.

Sorry to hear you have to replace an old faithful vehicle. I went through that also in the last year to put out to pasture my 2006 dodge Cummins 3/4 ton turbo diesel. Still runs but at 300k miles just needed something better and newer. I decided on a 4wd Rivian. That was probably the best decision I have made for a long time. 835hp. 900 ft lbs torque. True 4wd. 11000 lbs towing capacity. And, get this, will flat outrun a corvette. 0 to 60 in 2.8 seconds. Worst drawback is long trips. Range is 330 miles with a charge time of 1 to 2 hrs. But when I analyze my driving, 99% of it was trips 200 to 250 miles. Charge at home for about $10. Road charging is about $15. Best off-road vehicle I have owned, including a 4wd Blazer. Just look into it.

One of my toys is a Bronco Badlands. Really great ride, you will not be disappointed. I also have a diesel rubicon Gladiator. The Jeep is pretty built so not much can match the off road capabilities of that rig with the diesel, but we certainly love both rides.

I hear you guys about the Tundra. Mine has lots of mile left in it I'm sure. @Throwback, how many miles do you have on the new Tundra? My concern with them is they're still having engine issues. I believe there was a large recall this year on the 2024s.

And it's funny how things are with dealers. The last Toyota dealer I went into......well sparing the details, I left them quite angry. The salesman was flat out rude, the sales manager no better. Told them it was the last time I planned on visiting a Toyota dealership. I'd just buy through Costco in the future.

Whereas the Ford dealerships have been great, but then they've also got a bunch of 2024 Broncos on the lot with the 2025s not far being out.
Ive got about 2300 miles so far, thats it. No issues I know of. I know of the recall and I bought mine after that so I was told no issues, fingers crossed. Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelbaGold7

Latest profile posts

TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!
TAG SAFARI wrote on K31's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on davidg8480's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on Daven22s's profile.