The New "Old" Ford Bronco

Yah it'll be a 2.7L turbo in a 4 door for me if I decide on one. The off road capabilities will almost certainly be more than I'll ever ask or have a need for. I've been clunking around the mountains and woods for hunting and fishing in these last 30 plus years with a 4x4 pickup that offered 4 hi and lo and that was it. Managed to do just fine. Might be fun and make it even easier to have these options, but they're certainly not required.

No, it won't tow a lot either. But then my wife and I have arrived at the conclusion we won't be buying a camper and touring the country in retirement using it. We may tour the country by vehicle but it will be in her Lexus and an Airbnb or hotel will be our lodging. We neither want to maintain a camper nor do I want to be bothered with towing it.

If anything it may be snowmobiles or UTVs we haul and the Bronco can handle that just fine. In the end I guess I'm really not sure why I'm thinking of this outside of I just think they look cool, thought it was a fun drive too (and a little less vehicle to drive isn't so bad) and it'll still handle the off roading I do still.
Fair. Manual is kinda non-negotiable for me in anything with less than 500hp, so that made the decision easy. But there's a lot to be said for an auto for just cruising around and I do think the 2.7 is a better engine, especially in a larger, heavier 4 door.

I have no doubt it'll do the off roading you describe without even a hint of difficulty. As I say, typical SUV stuff, no issues. Even over landing, no issues. If you want to do some serious rock crawling on a challenging trail, you might start to see it struggle vs the Jeep, but it's more capable than your average 4x4 pick up truck, that's for sure.

I think the 2.7 will be just fine for a bit of light duty towing as well. Perhaps not the absolute best tool for the job, but if it's just a snowmobile every couple months or so, I doubt you'd have any difficulties.

Here you go Bob your next Outback Shissan:

IMG_4086.jpeg

It’s got a hatch on top so you can pop up with your 35 Wailing and pop one of them prized trophy Camels you guys are always bragging about! One hump? Or two? Do you score them by the circumference of the hump or from the butt hole to the ears?

“Had a 2000 LC and it was literally the best vehicle I’ve owned in 60+ years including several BMWs (5s, 6s, 1985 grey market M6 etc.) V10 diesel Touareg, several high end Mercedes cars and SUVs. New is nice but paid-for is nicer.”

100% agree!!
My first Landcruiser was a 1993 and then gave that to my niece when I got a 2003.
That’s my daughter’s now and every time I drive it or work on it I wonder what the hell is wrong with me and why I don’t just buy another of the same vintage with as few miles as I can find. Her’s has only 180K now and all we’ve done is brakes, one starter (which stupidly is in the ‘V’ under the intake manifold) and regular maintenance.

All the SUV one could ever want or need and now rather cheap to maintain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryjoFris

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is jdfan@proton.me

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia
TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!