Politics

If I have read the mood of the USA, both sides, over the past six months or so, everyone is sick of the extreme right and the extreme left. Biden made a grave mistake by letting the far left policies in too far, and it has more consequence than what the right get up to because the Democrats are in power. Trump's advisers saw it first and have tried with varying degrees of success to rein him in and steer towards the certre a bit. The Democrats, right up until the assassination attempt were pumping Trump and MAGA as an existential threat to not only democracy, but the nation. Not a popular tack.
Then the shots rang out, everybody calmed down and agreed to be more civil. Not four days later the collective olive branches began to wilt and now it seems they are all full throttle back to the old ways.

I make a prediction, for what it is worth - the side that mellows it's rhetoric first and offers a civil, rational approach will win because it will draw the center. There is trouble in the world, people want strong stability.

Trump's response letter to Biden's withdrawal is definitely not helpful. Let's hope he gets it soon.
The only side I see possibly reining it in is the right. For nearly 8 years, we've heard a pretty steady drumbeat of "Trump is Hitler." That's really all they've got. No way for them to back off that now.

On what grounds, should Obama have been impeached? I also don't think there was ever an Articles of Impeachment drawn for Obama even when the GOP had control of the House.

I have slept since then, but to properly debate the grounds for Obama's impeachment I must refresh my memory on the first 6 months or year of Obama's presidency.

There were no Articles of Impeachment drawn up because there wouldn't have been enough required majority votes to impeach Obama.

I know the Democrats have abused the impeachment process in regard to Trump.

Understating the obvious.

But, disagreeing with the opposing party's views and executing one's own vision for governing the USA is not an impeachable offense.

The demcommies in Congress think it is.

Elections do have consequences.

What does this even mean? Please elaborate.

It will be interesting to see if the Democrats go forward with their early virtual vote plan. Regardless of Biden's endorsement, every one of those delegates is free to cast a vote as he , she, or it wishes. I have no doubt that team Kamala is whipping and counting votes in overdrive at the moment. I expect they would prefer not to let this fester to the convention. However, she will not want that early vote if the outcome is in doubt - neither, I suspect, would the DNC.

If I had to make a wager, I would expect support will consolidate around her if for no other reason it protects the campaign fund balance.

Update edit. Clyburn has quickly come out for her as well. Considering the importance of that constituency, it would be virtually impossible to try to pivot to a Newsom or Whitmer.

Last edited:
I know one thing for sure. The popularity, size, and explosion of patriotism at the trump Rally's, and througout the party, has sacred the shit out of the democrats.

Forcing Biden out before the DNC is one last hail mary to salvage that stinking garbage scow called the Democrat party.

The only way the Democrats win, is to cheat.
Unfortunately, they're really good at that. The Republicans have to win big, or the Dems win by a little.

"Crooked Joe Biden was not fit to run for President, and is certainly not fit to serve - and never was! He only attained the position of President by lies, fake news, and not leaving his basement. All those around him, including his doctor and the media, knew that he wasn’t capable of being President, and he wasn’t. We will suffer greatly because of his presidency, but we will remedy the damage he has done very quickly. 'MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!"

Some here will deem that a completely appropriate response, and cheer it.
Irrespective of the veracity of some of the sentiments expressed in it, I long for someone who is more magnanimous in leading us as a nation. I want to believe Vance will somewhat make up for that shortfall in Trump. Time will tell. You can be a resolute leader without being a douche.

Trust me, this has been planned by Democrats for months or years. It will be someone that the media can get hot for in a hurry.

Most likely it will be Harris just because of donations, but Dems hold all of the money. It’s really up in the air until August 19th.
I know. My question wss mostly rhetorical, but still the situation disturbs me.

I would say, on a whole, the GOP legislators during Trump’s term were no more “obstructive” of his agenda than is typical for any other president.

It has been said that the power of the presidency is the power to persuade. If Trump could not persuade members of his own party to go along with him or persuade the public to elect new members during the midterm to give him a majority that would, then that falls squarely on his shoulders.

To me, there is no difference between this defense of Trump and those on the left who complain about Manchin and Sinema stymieing Biden’s agenda. Biden failed to make the compromises necessary to secure the votes. That is on him.

I have to disagree with you on this. John McCain voted against the repeal of Obamacare out of pure hatred for Trump. I struggle to recall an instance where a Democrat President was shot down on a major piece of legislation by a rogue member of his own party. Perhaps Manchin holding to his principles on filibuster would be the closest I could get.

"Crooked Joe Biden was not fit to run for President, and is certainly not fit to serve - and never was! He only attained the position of President by lies, fake news, and not leaving his basement. All those around him, including his doctor and the media, knew that he wasn’t capable of being President, and he wasn’t. We will suffer greatly because of his presidency, but we will remedy the damage he has done very quickly. 'MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!"

Irrespective of the veracity of some of the sentiments expressed in it, I long for someone who is more magnanimous in leading us as a nation. I want to believe Vance will somewhat make up for that shortfall in Trump. Time will tell. You can be a resolute leader without being a douche.
Unfortunately, douchiness seems to be the most common quality in politicians of both parties.

Yeah, yeah. We all.know that Trump is a self promoting, bombastic ass. But while his statements may have been a little classless, they were, on the whole, pretty accurate. Biden was not fit to.be the president of the United States, and his policies have been a disaster. Trump's policies were much better for the country, and maybe that's the best we can hope for right now.

I have to disagree with you on this. John McCain voted against the repeal of Obamacare out of pure hatred for Trump. I struggle to recall an instance where a Democrat President was shot down on a major piece of legislation by a rogue member of his own party. Perhaps Manchin holding to his principles on filibuster would be the closest I could get.
Or was it because they wanted to push through a repeal without a replacement passed, which McCain was adamantly against? Even then, Trump never really made a concerted effort to sell it or any other policy position.

Biden’s “Build Back Better” plan was dead on the vine because he would not make necessary concessions to Manchin and Sinema.

Just like Trump, Biden thought compromise was for suckers and that he could bully his agenda through Congress.

I will be interested to see if Harris will tack to the center. I doubt it, but I can hope.
Considering her background, the odds of Harris suddenly going mainstream are pretty much zero. She may try to put on the appearance until the election but it would be something like a zebra painting horizontal stripes on himself. It couldn't last.

I'm not heavy enough into politics that I follow all the players on both sides. Less of a personality and more of an issues voter.

But for those of you that do, is there any real chance Hillary gets back into the race?

It would be the most crazy thing ever to have a rematch.

I'm not heavy enough into politics that I follow all the players on both sides. Less of a personality and more of an issues voter.

But for those of you that do, is there any real chance Hillary gets back into the race?

It would be the most crazy thing ever to have a rematch.

Doubtful after the endorsement.

Bill and Hillary Clinton endorse Kamala Harris

“Now is the time to support Kamala Harris,” they wrote on social media

MIA MCCARTHY
07/21/2024, 3:22PM ET

Former President Bill Clinton and his wife, former Secretary of State and 2016 Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton, have both endorsed Vice President Kamala Harris toreplace President Joe Biden as the party’s presidential candidate.
“We are honored to join the President in endorsing Vice President Harris and will do whatever we can to support her,” the Clintons said in a statement posted on X. “Now is the time to support Kamala Harris and fight with everything we’ve got to elect her.”

If I have read the mood of the USA, both sides, over the past six months or so, everyone is sick of the extreme right and the extreme left. Biden made a grave mistake by letting the far left policies in too far, and it has more consequence than what the right get up to because the Democrats are in power. Trump's advisers saw it first and have tried with varying degrees of success to rein him in and steer towards the certre a bit. The Democrats, right up until the assassination attempt were pumping Trump and MAGA as an existential threat to not only democracy, but the nation. Not a popular tack.
Then the shots rang out, everybody calmed down and agreed to be more civil. Not four days later the collective olive branches began to wilt and now it seems they are all full throttle back to the old ways.

I make a prediction, for what it is worth - the side that mellows it's rhetoric first and offers a civil, rational approach will win because it will draw the center. There is trouble in the world, people want strong stability.

Trump's response letter to Biden's withdrawal is definitely not helpful. Let's hope he gets it soon.
But people also want strength. The side that appears to give in and suddenly appear to be too civil will be seen as weak. If Trump started acting less like a pompous ass, no one would believe that it was genuine. If the Democrats were to say that Trump was not the second coming of Hitler, people would know that they didn't mean it, or that they had.been.lying the whole time. At this point, it is just too.late to change direction for either side. It is like telling the captain of the Titanic that there's an iceberg 400 meters ahead. Your going to hit it regardless. Might as well wish for world peace. Not a lot of people are willing to.hold hands and sing cum-by-ya.

Considering her background, the odds of Harris suddenly going mainstream are pretty much zero. She may try to put on the appearance until the election but it would be something like a zebra painting horizontal stripes on himself. It couldn't last.
Ideally, she would lean in to her experience as a prosecutor. Law and order at the border and around the world. Make this election a choice between a former prosecutor and a convicted felon. I think that would sell well with the public. However, my guess is that she sticks with the Biden platform.

Last edited:
What does it take to disqualify Harris from assuming the presidency?

Dream scenario, Biden steps down, Harris is disqualified for some nefarious deed, and Johnson becomes president. I know, I know, it won’t happen but a man can dream can’t he?
I dream as well.

Reactions: WAB
"Which is why the Democrats, despite their current contretemps, could still win this election."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yosemitebam

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg