Politics

Powell and Wood probably should have brought the Kraken to the rally. :unsure: Of course, almost half a million Trump voters apparently simply believed her.

Roughly 400,000 Republicans, many who were from largely rural districts, who voted for Trump on November 2020 did not show up to vote in the Senate runoff. The two democrats won by a combined 103K and 54K respectively.

As I remember the period, Trump was instrumental in undermining that runoff on a number of fronts when what was needed was a massive get out the vote effort.

Last edited:
It’s been almost 20 years.. but I worked with former members of Canada’s JTF-2 (their “delta”), and the Princess Patricia Light Infantry (their version of our 10th Mtn or 101st Abn… a large conventional light infantry organization)…

Without exception every one of the guys I worked with were professional and capable soldiers…

Also without exception every one of them complained about insufficient equipment, unreliable equipment, lack of proper support from higher, intense leftist political agendas being ramrodded down through leadership, etc etc..

The writing has been on the wall for the Canadian armed forces for a very long time…

The agent was off duty… returning from the trip.. not with POTUS..

I’d imagine the perp got the drop on him while he was not paying attention..

Apparently he got a shot off T the robber.. that’s what I’d be more interested in… if the robber was fleeing and the robbery was over and the robber was no longer an imminent threat to the agent or others… that could be a questionable shoot… ESPECIALLY in California…

According to the French, Belgium doesn’t even count as a country.:ROFLMAO:

And not only for the French. The British and Germans all consider Belgium to just be the place where their armies get to go do battle between them.

Incidentally, I once read this little tidbit of info: throughout history the land on which Belgium is now situated has had more battles per square km fought on its ground than any other Western country!

I was in DC for the National Prayer Breakfast when Trump was in office. While walking the Mall ‘Marine One’ buzzed over our heads. The next morning Trump spoke at the breakfast. He was excellent and misrepresented by all the media present, including Fox. A very moving thing happened at the end of the speech which was obviously unrehearsed. The Democrat Senator co-chair got up and told us that he was on ‘Marine One’ with the president the previous day. They had flown out with no press to be with the family of one of our fallen soldiers as he returned home. The Senator shared this story and said that he saw the weight of his office on the president that day. He then asked the president to stand and he and the Republican senator co-chair laid hands on him and prayed over him. Trump stood, head bowed and shoulders slumped while they did so.

None of this was reported by the media present, again, including Fox. Their focus was on a joke he told at the start of his speech, which they failed to provide the context for, thus painting him in a bad light.
I have been to several cities and regions in China. This narrative that China’s economy is suffering is a joke. China doesn’t suffer from the paralysis that has engulfed the USA. If they decide to do something, they do it. If they decide to build a power plant, they build it. There’s no partisanship or gridlock because it’s not allowed. The airports are fully modern and beautiful. The city streets are filled with Mercedes, Audi and other upscale automobiles. The government has given the people just enough freedom to own businesses and prosper so they won’t rise up. It’s a tricky balancing act. I’m no admirer of their form of government, but they are kicking our ass.

The government controlled news media in China is very anti-Trump. Meanwhile, in the USA and Europe, we can’t agree to do anything of significance. We’ve got two old idiots running for president in the USA and our countries have suffered from uncontrolled immigration that is ruining our cultures. It’s frankly, embarrassing. Don’t think for a minute that China is on the way down. China is strong and watching us implode.
Very true. A factory that would take years to get approved elsewhere is started in a month. A hydro dam that we would squabble over for decades begins in years. Our freedom sometimes holds us back.

IMG_2768.jpeg

I have been to several cities and regions in China. This narrative that China’s economy is suffering is a joke. China doesn’t suffer from the paralysis that has engulfed the USA. If they decide to do something, they do it. If they decide to build a power plant, they build it. There’s no partisanship or gridlock because it’s not allowed. The airports are fully modern and beautiful. The city streets are filled with Mercedes, Audi and other upscale automobiles. The government has given the people just enough freedom to own businesses and prosper so they won’t rise up. It’s a tricky balancing act. I’m no admirer of their form of government, but they are kicking our ass.

The government controlled news media in China is very anti-Trump. Meanwhile, in the USA and Europe, we can’t agree to do anything of significance. We’ve got two old idiots running for president in the USA and our countries have suffered from uncontrolled immigration that is ruining our cultures. It’s frankly, embarrassing. Don’t think for a minute that China is on the way down. China is strong and watching us implode.

APRIL 26, 2024
Xi Jinping, the general party secretary of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP), is in a bind. The economy of the People’s Republic of China is facing a once-in-a-generation crisis. The country’s real estate market is in free-fall, its population sank by 2 million people in 2023, and its stock markets have lost roughly $7 trillion since 2021.

So what is interesting about Chinese real estate, is that they buy condos/houses/property based solely on speculation. They believe that if you buy a house someone has lived in, you inherit the bad energy of that person. So ghost building/condos, but essentially this was considered the best/most secure investment because due to government intervention is always went up. Could be way worse than the US housing crisis, since there essentially is no real need for these ghost towns.

So what is interesting about Chinese real estate, is that they buy condos/houses/property based solely on speculation. They believe that if you buy a house someone has lived in, you inherit the bad energy of that person. So ghost building/condos, but essentially this was considered the best/most secure investment because due to government intervention is always went up. Could be way worse than the US housing crisis, since there essentially is no real need for these ghost towns.

They are heavily invested in High-rises along with other Real Estate in Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur & Singapore. Those are not bursting bubbles markets (yet), but growth markets. The CCP Real Estate portfolio will manage just fine. Sure their will be charge offs but plenty of offset by profits from investments outside the China.

Entertaining cut from Russian State TV "analyzing" the West generally and the US specifically.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Heather387

Latest profile posts

JG26Irish_2 wrote on WISafariHunter's profile.
About Lon's Elephant hunts w/Tokoloshe? I hear Lon is battling cancer? What is his long term prognosis? I am already booked to hunt Africa in 2024 2025. Might consider 2026 for another African hunt. I want to hunt a more wild open region devoid of civilization. Concern is the risk that I book f/2026 then find poor Lon has passed on? Does Lon have any assistance to carry on the business in his absence?
Life is Short live it how you want...
jgraco33 wrote on 85lc's profile.
Is your 22HP still available? If so have the original case?
tacklers wrote on ianevans's profile.
Hi Ian, I'm contemplating my first outing, leaving UK via Dubai to Africa, taking rifles as you did.

I presume it went okay for you, would you have done anything differently? Cheers, Richard East Sussex
A.A. wrote on Msprenger!'s profile.
Are you still looking for a 375 H&H?