Politics

Always reminds me of a used car salesman…..

That’s very typical of a Memphis politician…

Sorta like political figures coming out of Chicago all have a certain disposition and behavior… prominent Memphis politicians all have certain traits and behaviors that are pretty much expected if they’re going to gain any notoriety and actually obtain office…

Ford Jr. was extremely well trained by his father Harold Ford Sr, his uncle John Ford, and others… he was groomed from a very young age to be a politician… I think they believed he’d be a prime POTUS contender by now… and the truth is, he very well might have been had his family baggage been not so burdensome to carry…

Back in January 2021 I snapped this TV screenshot. At the time covid restrictions had media personalities broadcasting solo from all over the place. I think I recognize the guy in the portrait over the fireplace but my memory is not what it used to be.

I suppose it could be worst, and have a portrait of Che, a murderous thug over your fireplace. But on second thought Che was just a slacker at killing compared to Mao.

Did Trump encourage people to vote or did he remain silent?

No... Trump did not remain silent on this issue...

Trump certainly challenged the results of both the National and Georgia elections. He absolutely asserted fraud took place and made that position perfectly clear with his typical charged political rhetoric.... Nobody is denying that... What he did not do, and yet still gets blamed for is telling Georgia voters NOT to vote... In fact, he emphatically campaigned in the 3 weeks encouraging Georgia voters to get out and vote....

No... Trump did not remain silent on this issue...

Trump certainly challenged the results of both the National and Georgia elections. He absolutely asserted fraud took place and made that position perfectly clear with his typical charged political rhetoric.... Nobody is denying that... What he did not do, and yet still gets blamed for is telling Georgia voters NOT to vote... In fact, he emphatically campaigned in the 3 weeks encouraging Georgia voters to get out and vote....

Except they didn't return to vote in the runoff. But you could be right - perhaps they were merely sickened with Trump's election denial antics.

That’s very typical of a Memphis politician…

Sorta like political figures coming out of Chicago all have a certain disposition and behavior… prominent Memphis politicians all have certain traits and behaviors that are pretty much expected if they’re going to gain any notoriety and actually obtain office…

Ford Jr. was extremely well trained by his father Harold Ford Sr, his uncle John Ford, and others… he was groomed from a very young age to be a politician… I think they believed he’d be a prime POTUS contender by now… and the truth is, he very well might have been had his family baggage been not so burdensome to carry…
From what I have seen family baggage for a democrat is becoming less of a hindrance than in the past.

Except they didn't return to vote in the runoff. But you could be right - perhaps they were merely sickened with Trump's election denial antics.

If that was true, the post-election polling doesn't support that....

Average national polling indicated that about 69% of republican and right leaning voters believed that voter fraud to some extent occurred in the 2020 election... 61% of Georgia republican voters believed that fraud took place. As to the real reasons they failed to show up for the run-off, I can't say... There was no poll done that I could find to explain why they failed to turn out...

I suppose it could be worst, and have a portrait of Che, a murderous thug over your fireplace. But on second thought Che was just a slacker at killing compared to Mao.
To be fair Che didn't have as long of a career as Mao.

All that said, while I’m politically opposite of Ford Jr on just about any issue we could discuss… if I’ve got to have a D in a senior cabinet position or in the POTUS seat.. I’ll take him over 90% of the other options… he’s at least intelligent and articulate and generally is informed on whatever he is speaking about…(unlike AOC and much of the ilk of the younger generation of D’s)… and he’s not prone to theatrics like Schumer, Pelosi, Etc (much of the ilk of the older generation of D’s)..

With Ford jr. I don’t particularly like what we’d get… but at least we’d know what we are getting…
I will agree that he is intelligent, very articulate and less offensive than most D's. With the younger generation of D's you know it is going to deep and dry whereas maybe this guy would lube up? Screwed either way.

This primary slipped below the radar. I had not realized that Trump was opposing Bob Good's renomination to the House. It is a bit of interesting political drama because Good chairs the House Freedom Caucus. :oops:

I think it is good to see Trump working together with McCarthy - but does this mean Trump is becoming a RINO?

I actually think this is more an example of Trump's intolerance of anyone who ever challenges him. Early on during the Presidential primary, Good supported DeSantis. From Trump's perspective that would seem to be far more important than Good's leadership of the Caucus.

I actually think this is more an example of Trump's intolerance of anyone who ever challenges him. Early on during the Presidential primary, Good supported DeSantis. From Trump's perspective that would seem to be far more important than Good's leadership of the Caucus.
Yep, as evidenced by the below statement.

"If he's reelected, Bob Good will stab Virginia in the back, sort of like he did with me," Trump said at a rally for McGuire earlier this week.

That being said, I remember the words of a Vice President of Sales of a Fortune 500 company when they flew myself and my staff to their HQ in their company jet some 25 years ago. "The name of the game is, you scratch my back, and I scratch yours". We were discussing partnering up on some 8 and 9 figure projects, worldwide, with them providing the equipment and us the integration services and software.

So, if Trump was instrumental in Bob Good being elected in the first place, I understand his viewpoint.

Last edited:
Have they called that race yet? I heard this morning it was too close to call.

Fox News host Bret Baier defended former Rep. Harold Ford (D-TN) on Thursday after viewers noticed a portrait of Mao Zedong, the late Chinese dictator, displayed behind Ford during an interview on Baier’s program.

Ford “is renting a home for a few weeks in a vacation spot — he doesn’t control the walls,” Baier wrote in a message on Twitter. “Strong background analysis, but Harold is not a Maoist — he was elected in Tennessee.”

The issue arose during a panel discussion on Baier’s program. Ford’s camera angle was adjusted before the panel ended to block the portrait from view. It wasn’t clear who orchestrated the change, though some viewers blamed Fox News.

IMO—The important question about the Mao pic is: who owns the house he is “renting” for a couple weeks?

And on the posts about the Georgia R primary race… why are a Texan and a Californian sooo concerned about a Georgia R primary?? What interests me about Georgia is that Atlanta (therefore Georgia) seems to be a hot bed of judicial, political and election corruption.

Last edited:
IMO—The important question about the Mao pic is: who owns the house he is “renting” for a couple weeks?

And on the posts about the Georgia R primary race… why are a Texan and a Californian sooo concerned about a Georgia R primary?? What interests me about Georgia is that Atlanta (therefore Georgia) seems to be a hot bed of judicial, political and election corruption.
I would be happy to explain it to you.

Appropriations bills and Executive Branch appointments require senate approval. Biden was only able to get all of his radical department and agency heads and his inflationary budgets approved because he had a one seat majority in the Senate. Now if we do the math (we are not talking calculus here :unsure: ), and add the two republican seats that Trump, his election denial acolytes, and his stay at home voters threw away in Georgia, the Republican party would have controlled the senate by one vote rather than the democrats. The Biden agenda and appointees would have been stillborn. That is why this Texan is concerned about the Senate this time around as well, and is disturbed a fellow conservative might not understand the importance.

Last edited:
Indeed

Just saw some videos about the looting, civil unrest and gunfire in the streets of Oakland. What is wrong with these people?? And how come the left just accepts this?

Why the outsider interest in a Georgia R primary? is a rhetorical question. It is driven by TDS

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DesireeBet

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?