Politics

I have no issues with his record in regard to domestic policy, after all I voted for him in 2020 based on that. His continued rhetoric AND actions (telling his supporters in Congress to hold off on Ukraine aid) in regard to Ukraine/Russia conflict scare me. Not to mention all the election denial that cost us the Georgia senate runoff seats. Trump is directly responsible for the mess we are in domestically due to giving the democrats the Senate. As a result, we have much more radical Presidential appointments, and the two budget reconciliation bills that were passed.

So, to be clear, in reply to my request for you to list specific Trump foreign policy failures from his first term or provide specific proposed foreign policies that he is currently campaigning on, you have none per se' beyond a scared feeling?

If I recall correctly, a $61 billion Ukraine aid bill was passed... The republicans who voted against the legislation were voting the will of their constituency, not at Trump's command... If Trump has such power in Congress as you suggest, why did the bill pass?

Furthermore, as much as some of you insist on blaming Trump for the loss of the Senate seats in Georgia, I would suggest looking to the voters in that state directly for the bulk of the blame... Another significant portion of the blame could be placed on the republican party fielding 2 of the weakest candidates they could have possibly run....

The bottom line is that in one of the most crucial Senate elections of our times, the republican voters of Georgia did not turn out to vote, while the democrats showed up in record numbers... Blaming that lack of republican turn out on Trump's rhetoric is convenient, but it's also unrealistic... I really do wish Trump had the power and influence that you suggest out of office as a private citizen. I truly hope he capitalizes on that power should he regain the WH... Maybe republicans will actually get something done in this country for a change...

So, to be clear, in reply to my request for you to list specific Trump foreign policy failures from his first term or provide specific proposed foreign policies that he is currently campaigning on, you have none per se' beyond a scared feeling?

I think both @Red Leg and I provided a link to what he is campaigning on in regard to Ukraine.

It appears that the ANC has complied with the will of the electorate and formed a unity government with the DA. I hope that is a threshold moment for South Africa as it marks a peaceful change to 30 years of unfettered rule. Also, it marks the first real evolution of government since Mandela. I think it's an exciting development, albeit an incremental one.

Hence, why I’d rather have Biden in the White House than Trump. The country can recover from 4 years of horrible domestic policies. The World can’t recover as easily from Trump’s foreign policies.

If one takes the long view then Trump is the worst choice. In today’s Bizarro world, unfortunately, Trump is the blue pill and Biden is the red pill. Go figure!!!

We should have done better than those two as our candidates, and that speaks about the failure of our nation.

So how do we as a country recover from the current crop of 10+ million illegals, terrorists, possible foreign agents and counting flooding across our border? How do we as a country recover from a conceivable 10+ million more under another Biden/Obama administration and all of the possible and guaranteed implications? How do we as a country recover from the tons of fentanyl which is ripping our people apart and making slums and graveyards of our streets? How do we recover from another 4 years of an administration who panders to muslim extremists/Hamas sympathizers in Dearborn and across college campuses, be they students, outside agitators or worse, American professors? This does not even include their despicable pandering and actions directly towards Hamas/Iran and Israel since Oct 7. How do we recover from 8 years of an administration that seems to try to do absolutely nothing about any of this? In fact I think anyone with any intellectual honesty would agree that they encourage it. How do we possibly recover if God forbid someone like Newsome or Michelle Obama somehow ingratiate themselves into the oval office AFTER Biden instead of a decent conservative?

These are just a few among many problems with the current dem party not to include their outward hatred of our border agents and police and complete disregard for our military, for example the Afghanistan withdrawal. How about wanting to force Americans to get injections or inflation?

Trump is a high risk chess move and always has been. But like you said, these two are what we've got and a high risk move vs. a sure thing is all we've got. I can't for the life of me see how giving a vote to Biden or any current democrat will possibly help us in any way, shape or form.

Just thinking out loud here.

BTW I am not a diehard Trumper and I don't have blinders on when it comes to international affairs. I also welcome anyone who is eligible and better suited to run for our highest office.

BTW I just saw Obie lead Biden off the stage at his own fundraiser. A few days ago I saw a video of Biden where it is in all actuality very difficult to convince the average person that he wasn't crapping himself. This is who and how the current dem party chooses to preside over our country to our own detriment.

These people gave Biden millions and will themselves accept money from a humanity hating George Soros.

Democrats going all out for the votes.

Spending $50m on adds targeting my favorite felon.

Pardoning 175k marijuana convictions in Maryland.

How long before they open up the prison flood gates with commuted sentences.?

So how do we as a country recover from the current crop of 10+ million illegals, terrorists, possible foreign agents and counting flooding across our border? How do we as a country recover from a conceivable 10+ million more under another Biden/Obama administration and all of the possible and guaranteed implications? How do we as a country recover from the tons of fentanyl which is ripping our people apart and making slums and graveyards of our streets? How do we recover from another 4 years of an administration who panders to muslim extremists/Hamas sympathizers in Dearborn and across college campuses, be they students, outside agitators or worse, American professors? This does not even include their despicable pandering and actions directly towards Hamas/Iran and Israel since Oct 7. How do we recover from 8 years of an administration that seems to try to do absolutely nothing about any of this? In fact I think anyone with any intellectual honesty would agree that they encourage it. How do we possibly recover if God forbid someone like Newsome or Michelle Obama somehow ingratiate themselves into the oval office AFTER Biden instead of a decent conservative? . . .
We don't. As someone who see the border chaos regularly, if Trump closed the border "tight as a drum" the legal fall out is still years out. Enough to keep me busy for at least the next 5-10 years, if I want to be.

Most folks only see the crossing on TV. What they fail to show is the millions of dollars of fence damage that occurs in each county from the border to San Antonio. Or the stealing of vehicles to transport aliens. Or that some Ranchers along the border have had to abandon their own property as it's cartel controlled. Or the many millions Texas is spending to try to control the border with DPS and National/State Guard. Florida has sent their Highway Patrol and Game Wardens to help Texas patrol the border.

The cartels recruit drivers via TikTok. Some are just school kids looking to make a quick buck, get caught and end up with a felony on their record at 17 or 18. A lot are repeater felons, some habitual felons that are the drivers. Driver punishment range, 1st time felon: 2-10, Repeater: 2-20 and Habitual 25 to 99 to life. Last year a jury in McMullen gave a 99 years sentence.

On my own property, this year the main gate has been crashed. My next door ranch neighbor has caught a driver hiding out on his property from law enforcement. I have not spent the night on my property during deer season for the last four years, I drive into town and get a hotel room. Starting his season, besides my rifle and a pistol, I will also be carrying an AR-15. It's become just too dangerous, thank you Biden. I will be happily voting for Trump.

We don't. As someone who see the border chaos regularly, if Trump closed the border "tight as a drum" the legal fall out is still years out. Enough to keep me busy for at least the next 5-10 years, if I want to be.

Most folks only see the crossing on TV. What they fail to show is the millions of dollars of fence damage that occurs in each county from the border to San Antonio. Or the stealing of vehicles to transport aliens. Or that some Ranchers along the border have had to abandon their own property as it's cartel controlled. Or the many millions Texas is spending to try to control the border with DPS and National/State Guard. Florida has sent their Highway Patrol and Game Wardens to help Texas patrol the border.

The cartels recruit drivers via TikTok. Some are just school kids looking to make a quick buck, get caught and end up with a felony on their record at 17 or 18. A lot are repeater felons, some habitual felons that are the drivers. Driver punishment range, 1st time felon: 2-10, Repeater: 2-20 and Habitual 25 to 99 to life. Last year a jury in McMullen gave a 99 years sentence.

On my own property, this year the main gate has been crashed. My next door ranch neighbor has caught a driver hiding out on his property from law enforcement. I have not spent the night on my property during deer season for the last four years, I drive into town and get a hotel room. Starting his season, besides my rifle and a pistol, I will also be carrying an AR-15. It's become just too dangerous, thank you Biden. I will be happily voting for Trump.

Years out is better than never. The emphasis of my post of course being that things will only be worse after another 4 or more years.

and the point is what?......that atrocities were/are being committed? the old saying don't throw stones when you live in a glass house......mankind has been treating each other like crap since the beginning of time....bob
So atrocities are to be expected, and we should not be concerned about them or who commits them? If you really believe that, we likely have nothing to discuss. After all. by your logic Hitler was just being Hitler, and we and our allies should have ignored that whole holocaust thing and not pursued the Nuremberg prosecutions for war crimes. The Israeli citizens who were raped and butchered by Hamas were simply the product of Muslim terrorists being muslim terrorists. Why on earth should we lift a finger to aid Israel?

I have no idea what your glass house nonsense is meant to imply. Ukraine, a nation that had been independent for three decades and with aspirations of joining the EU, was brutally invaded by the Russian army under the direction of a criminal thug in the Kremlin.

Thank God, the majority of our representatives in Congress and the American people as a whole still have a modicum of decency in their souls.

Last edited:
and the point is what?......that atrocities were/are being committed? the old saying don't throw stones when you live in a glass house......mankind has been treating each other like crap since the beginning of time....bob
Really. Ever hear of Sand Creek CO?

So atrocities are to be expected, and we should not be concerned about them or who commits them? If you really believe that, we likely have nothing to discuss. After all. by your logic Hitler was just being Hitler, and we and our allies should have ignored that whole holocaust thing and not pursued the Nuremberg prosecutions for war crimes. The Israeli citizens who were raped and butchered by Hamas were simply the product of Muslim terrorists being muslim terrorists. Why on earth should we lift a finger to aid Israel?

I have no idea what your glass house nonsense is meant to imply. Ukraine, a nation that had been independent for three decades and with aspirations of joining the EU, was brutally invaded by the Russian army under the direction of a criminal thug in the Kremlin.

Thank God, the majority of our representatives in Congress and the American people as a whole still have a modicum of decency in their souls.
to be expected? yes.....history hasn't shown otherwise.....to be condoned? of course not.....be condemned? without question.....I think its a pretty good bet the Ukraine's are not to kind either.
they could kill every hamas there is.....I think they should.....I could care less if they did.

we help who we choose, we disrupt who we choose we help change governments if we choose.
we worry about someone using the big bomb, yet we are the only ones to do it.......we don't care one wit about who gets killed or whose lives are ruined as long as we get the desired results.
when we do it its righteous.......another country? not so much.

and just to be clear, hilter needed killing.......but lets be clear , we are just picking sides because it suits us.......not like we are standing on some moral high ground.....bob

Really. Ever hear of Sand Creek CO?
I have to sound up on this one.

@Red Leg has a profound tag line on his posts:
"The past is a foreign country, they do things differently there." L.P. Hartley
I've used this line often to explain past events to modern woke zealots. We today need to put ourselves in the shoes of past people before we try to judge them. Things were different back then...

The above stated, some past events were wrong, just plain unethically wrong.

Here's a little background on Sand Creek Massacre:

In 1864 Colonel became famous for butchering Native Americans at Sand Creek, Colorado.

Sand Creek Massacre: https://www.nps.gov/sand/learn/historyculture/index.htm

Leaders of the United States military be they officers or NCOs or a fellow soldier must ensure the Law of Land Warfare is adhered to:

USMC Publication: https://www.marines.mil/News/Public...-Library-Display/Article/1464554/mctp-11-10c/

US Army: https://www.moore.army.mil/Infantry...erationalOverview/LawofLandWarfare/index.html

This checklist is from the above referenced Army publication:

Soldier’s Rules are ─
  • Soldiers fight only enemy combatants.
  • Soldiers do not harm enemies who surrender. They disarm them and turn them over to their superior.
  • Soldiers do not kill or torture any personnel in their custody.
  • Soldiers collect and care for the wounded, whether friend or enemy.
  • Soldiers do not attack medical personnel, facilities, or equipment.
  • Soldiers destroy no more than the mission requires.
  • Soldiers treat civilians humanely.
  • Soldiers respect private property and possessions.
  • Soldiers should do their best to prevent violations of the law of war.
  • Soldiers report all violations of the law of war to their superior.

General Patton said this in his famous speech, "When you stick your hand into a pile of goo that a moment ago was your best friend's face, you'll know what to do."

But there are limits to what military personnel may do. Once we have won a firefight or battle, we must put the lion back in our mental cage and act like men. Depending on the fight, that may be very hard to do. That's when NCOs and Officers must limit the rage their servicemen express.

No person lives an entire lifetime without making mistakes. Certainly not me.
No tribe's or country's history is completely without guilt based on the our modern day perceptions.
As a modern people we should learn from the past so we do not repeat it.

Last edited:
"Soldier’s Rules are ─

• Soldiers fight only enemy combatants.
  • Soldiers do not harm enemies who surrender. They disarm them and turn them over to their superior.
  • Soldiers do not kill or torture any personnel in their custody.
  • Soldiers collect and care for the wounded, whether friend or enemy.
  • Soldiers do not attack medical personnel, facilities, or equipment.
  • Soldiers destroy no more than the mission requires.
  • Soldiers treat civilians humanely.
  • Soldiers respect private property and possessions.
  • Soldiers should do their best to prevent violations of the law of war.
  • Soldiers report all violations of the law of war to their superior. "
The reality is different.
I'm deliberately trying not to give any examples that I could list two dozen times off the top of my head to contradict you.

War is hell/W.T.Sherman

nothing has changed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carltonulced

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,
I hunted elephant with Luke Samaris in 2005. It was my fourth safari and I tell you he is a fine gentleman the best. I got the opportunity to meet Patty Curtis, although never hunted with him but enjoyed our conversation around our tent in the Selous. Very sad for a tough guy to leave this world the way he did. Let’s pray the murderers are caught. I hope to see Luke in Nashville.