Politics

I'll have to slip on my galoshes to wade thru the comical muck & mire bullshit of anti-Trumpism, and Orange man bad rhetoric....LOL

The "Pillsock" will bring ,strength, american prosperity, foreign stability, and border security, back to the forefront.

We just need to kick the current presidential clown show, and the flying monkeys to the curb on November 5th.

This country will never recover from four more years of communism. If president Crapshispants gets reelected it’ll be like sliding naked down a razor blade into a pool of alcohol…. We’re toast as a country.

OK, that’s a word picture I didn’t need!

Hence, why I’d rather have Biden in the White House than Trump. The country can recover from 4 years of horrible domestic policies. The World can’t recover as easily from Trump’s foreign policies.

I could not disagree more strongly, and I honestly don't know how you can make these assertions and be serious...?

First of all, if you cannot acknowledge the irreversible domestic and cultural damage Brandon has caused and allowed, you are living in a parallel universe with the democrats...

Secondly, Trump has not been POTUS for 3.5 years, so the results of whatever foreign policy decisions he may or may not make should he regain the WH are pure speculation at this point....

Please tell us what specific foreign policy failures you attribute to Trump's first term? Everything we were told would happen by the so-called political experts if Trump was to be elected was completely wrong... In fact, every foreign policy disaster that was predicted to happen under Trump actually happened or is happening under Brandon... So, what exact policies that Trump is campaigning on currently that will be so damaging should he get re-elected?

Sigh. Try reading what I actually wrote. I never said Trump was responsible for the invasion. But when he takes office, Putin's legions will be in Ukraine and Trump apparently is intent upon cutting off aid to Ukraine (to the cheers of his brainless base). The only nation that would benefit from that reckless decision would be the one run by the little KGB thug in Moscow. In what world would handing him a victory be in our nation's national interests?
Having had an opportunity to read your response, clearly you have a vast amount of knowledge on this subject. However, regarding Trumps rhetoric, and this is something I believe almost impossible to ask of his detractors, it must simply be dismissed. One can in my opinion only look at Trump’s actions, his actual track record after the fact and judge him accordingly. His words do not always match his actions in my opinion and as difficult as it may be, some of his spontaneous statements should be taken with a grain of salt. Sometimes outlandish statements are made. Trump is not technical or precise in his verbiage. He is a populist and will first and foremost appeal to his base.

So take for example, Trump making the statement that “Russia would have never invaded Ukraine when I was president.” Or “NATO” isn’t paying their fair share.” Or threatening to cut aid to Ukraine. I agree, feeds the base but if Trump wins I cannot believe any of his advisors would recommend cutting aid to Ukraine. Regardless of any outlandish statements made by Trump regarding the war between Russia and Ukraine, he simply doesn’t have the knowledge and expertise presently to accurately access what he would really recommend without expert advise. Everything is geared toward his campaign now. If Trump wins I believe there will be a full court press for a peaceful resolution that perhaps may not please all but I would be hopeful the war would be ended soon under his administration and at least a temporary stay of Russian aggression for the time being. After an end to the war, then perhaps a reduction in aid to Ukraine. I also believe Ukraine has truly impressed the world with their bravery and resilience, something I fear is missing here in the U.S.

I admit there is no proof that this would happen and I’m unqualified to be taken seriously but it is an opinion. Do not take Trump literally.

Last edited:
I could not disagree more strongly, and I honestly don't know how you can make these assertions and be serious...?

First of all, if you cannot acknowledge the irreversible domestic and cultural damage Brandon has caused and allowed, you are living in a parallel universe with the democrats...

Secondly, Trump has not been POTUS for 3.5 years, so the results of whatever foreign policy decisions he may or may not make should he regain the WH are pure speculation at this point....

Please tell us what specific foreign policy failures you attribute to Trump's first term? Everything we were told would happen by the so-called political experts if Trump was to be elected was completely wrong... In fact, every foreign policy disaster that was predicted to happen under Trump actually happened or is happening under Brandon... So, what exact policies that Trump is campaigning on currently that will be so damaging should he get re-elected?
Envision importation of cheap Chinese products including knock offs and easy to produce high volume, low cost stamped metal, trade marked, semi-proprietary products subject to low tariff rates then resold through wholesale market at obscene mark up.

Last edited:

Do not take Trump literally.

If one should not take a Presidential candidate at his word, then what should one base it on in regard to his suitability?

Are you saying one should not TRUST Trump to do what he says, but still elect him as President hoping/wishing his interests might align with the country's at some point? I was taught to take people at their word, are you saying one should never trust Trump?

I have no issues with his record in regard to domestic policy, after all I voted for him in 2020 based on that. His continued rhetoric AND actions (telling his supporters in Congress to hold off on Ukraine aid) in regard to Ukraine/Russia conflict scare me. Not to mention all the election denial that cost us the Georgia senate runoff seats. Trump is directly responsible for the mess we are in domestically due to giving the democrats the Senate. As a result, we have much more radical Presidential appointments, and the two budget reconciliation bills that were passed.

Trump 2.0 is a much worse candidate than Trump 1.0.

If one should not take a Presidential candidate at his word, then what should one base it on in regard to his suitability?

Are you saying one should not TRUST Trump to do what he says, but still elect him as President hoping/wishing his interests might align with the country's at some point? I was taught to take people at their word, are you saying one should never trust Trump?

I have no issues with his record in regard to domestic policy, after all I voted for him in 2020 based on that. His continued rhetoric AND actions (telling his supporters in Congress to hold off on Ukraine aid) in regard to Ukraine/Russia conflict scare me. Not to mention all the election denial that cost us the Georgia senate runoff seats. Trump is directly responsible for the mess we are in domestically due to giving the democrats the Senate. As a result, we have much more radical Presidential appointments, and the two budget reconciliation bills that were passed.

Trump 2.0 is a much worse candidate than Trump 1.0.
Perhaps I’m just jaded but I can’t think of any presidential candidate and/or politician that’s been completely honest in recent memory, maybe Carter? I don’t think you can be successful in politics in this day and age by being completely honest to the American people, too detrimental to obtaining political support and votes. Sad state of affairs.

Yes, you just hit the nail on the head Tank! You should trust no politician ever! I believe our founding fathers believed this and factored that into our constitution and form of government. Therefore, we must judge them not by their words but by the actions. Obama was quite eloquent and an excellent speaker, yet I would say there are demonstrable facts indicating he was dishonest to the American people. In full disclosure, I intensely dislike Obama, but trying to be objective, he was a skillful politician. Had Trump had his political skills and suave, friendly demeanor, we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

As I’ve stated before, those who dislike or hate Trump will not look at him objectively in my opinion. I was also somewhat castigated for saying this was an “emotional“ response. I still see no reason to change my opinion.

Last edited:

This has been one of my big issues since day one: if you don't mean it, don't effing say it. It's either bluster - as some claim - or he means it. If it's bluster, it's horse shit: just keep your mouth closed. Say what you mean, plan to stand behind it, and be done with it.

This has been one of my big issues since day one: if you don't mean it, don't effing say it. It's either bluster - as some claim - or he means it. If it's bluster, it's horse shit: just keep your mouth closed. Say what you mean, plan to stand behind it, and be done with it.
I don’t disagree. Only Trump knows. Many of his spontaneous statements and responses have been detrimental to him nor does he speak with the calculated careful precision of a skillful politician. I believe for this very reason he garners support from the American people, he doesn’t behave like a politician. Better had he just stayed in the basement like Biden.

Having had an opportunity to read your response, clearly you have a vast amount of knowledge on this subject. However, regarding Trumps rhetoric, and this is something I believe almost impossible to ask of his detractors, it must simply be dismissed. One can in my opinion only look at Trump’s actions, his actual track record after the fact and judge him accordingly. His words do not always match his actions in my opinion and as difficult as it may be, some of his spontaneous statements should be taken with a grain of salt. Sometimes outlandish statements are made. Trump is not technical or precise in his verbiage. He is a populist and will first and foremost appeal to his base.

So take for example, Trump making the statement that “Russia would have never invaded Ukraine when I was president.” Or “NATO” isn’t paying their fair share.” Or threatening to cut aid to Ukraine. I agree, feeds the base but if Trump wins I cannot believe any of his advisors would recommend cutting aid to Ukraine. Regardless of any outlandish statements made by Trump regarding the war between Russia and Ukraine, he simply doesn’t have the knowledge and expertise presently to accurately access what he would really recommend without expert advise. Everything is geared toward his campaign now. If Trump wins I believe there will be a full court press for a peaceful resolution that perhaps may not please all but I would be hopeful the war would be ended soon under his administration and at least a temporary stay of Russian aggression for the time being. After an end to the war, then perhaps a reduction in aid to Ukraine. I also believe Ukraine has truly impressed the world with their bravery and resilience, something I fear is missing here in the U.S.

I admit there is no proof that this would happen and I’m unqualified to be taken seriously but it is an opinion. Do not take Trump literally.

Regardless of any outlandish statements made by Trump regarding the war between Russia and Ukraine, he simply doesn’t have the knowledge and expertise presently to accurately access what he would really recommend without expert advise.

Had to copy that sentence twice. ;) First of all, I agree with you. Where we obviously differ is with respect to any confidence one should have as to whether or not Trump will pick those competent advisers with respect to foreign policy or any other area. His track record the first time around was not exactly one to inspire confidence. Moreover, the idiots he listened to and whose efforts he lauded like Sydney Powell, Rudy Giuliani, and the Pillowman (!) following the general election created the situation we are in right now by throwing the Georgia runoff for senate to the democrats.

That totally selfish, misguided strategic blunder flipped the senate and allowed the appointment of every radical in the executive branch departments and agencies, and the passage of the Biden agenda (all of that required Senate approval). Donald J. Trump accomplished that - no one else. But, his loyal 35% gives him a total pass as they do on a host of other issues from Covid response to January 6. And yet that is somehow a recommendation that someone like me should give him another shot at it?! :unsure:

Secondly, this war does indeed need to be brought to an end. But it must not be brought to an end in Russia's favor. A ceasefire in place is a Russian victory. The Ukrainian people won't stand for it, and anyone with a modicum of understanding of our national interests should oppose it as well. What he should do, unlike the Biden administration, is convince his buddy in the Kremlin that we will provide Ukraine whatever materiel it needs to win and secure its sovereignty. That is the surest way to get the Russians into real negotiations. I have seen no hint, much less an actual demonstration, that Trump has any intent to do anything like that.

Clearly, none of this is any sort of recommendation for Biden. I despise him, the agenda of his party, and that party's vision for the country. It is why have repeatedly said that these are two abysmal choices. I have zero enthusiasm for either, and simply pray that in spite of Trump, we are able to retake the senate where a few remaining adults may have some control over either.

Last edited:
Had to copy that sentence twice. ;) First of all, I agree with you. Where we obviously differ is with respect to any confidence one should have as to whether or not Trump will pick those competent advisers with respect to foreign policy or any other area. His track record the first time around was not exactly one to inspire confidence. Moreover, the idiots he listened to and whose efforts he lauded like Sydney Powell, Rudy Giuliani, and the Pillowman (!) following the general election created the situation we are in right now by throwing the Georgia runoff for senate to the democrats.

That totally selfish, misguided strategic blunder flipped the senate and allowed the appointment of every radical in the executive branch departments and agencies, and the passage of the Biden agenda (all of that required Senate approval). Donald J. Trump accomplished that - no one else. But, his loyal 35% gives him a total pass as they do on a host of other issues from Covid response to January 6. And yet that is somehow a recommendation that someone like me should give him another shot at it?! :unsure:

Secondly, this war does indeed need to be brought to an end. But it must not be brought to an end in Russia's favor. A ceasefire in place is a Russian victory. The Ukrainian people won't stand for it, and anyone with a modicum of understanding of our national interests should oppose it as well. What he should do, unlike the Biden administration, is convince his buddy in the Kremlin that we will provide Ukraine whatever materiel it needs to win and secure its sovereignty. That is the surest way to get the Russians into real negotiations. I have seen no hint, much less an actual demonstration, that Trump has any intent to do anything like that.

Clearly, none of this is any sort of recommendation for Biden. I despise him, the agenda of his party, and that party's vision for the country. It is why have repeatedly said that these are two abysmal choices. I have zero enthusiasm for either, and simply pray that in spite of Trump, we are able to retake the senate where a few remaining adults may have some control over either.
I believe that Trump will have a better rapport with Putin than Biden. I believe and freely admit I have no proof or intimate knowledge, but feel Trump and his administration will have a better chance at negotiating a peaceful end to the war, I believe that will be the #1 priority. Hopefully at least stalling the Russians for the time being, Putin will not be around forever, hopefully his successor will be less of a threat. Hopefully, Trump learned some lessons from his first presidency and will be able to be more effective in his appointments and running the country, hopefully with less drama.

Last edited:
This country will never recover from four more years of communism. If president Crapshispants gets reelected it’ll be like sliding naked down a razor blade into a pool of alcohol…. We’re toast as a country.
Exactly.....four more years of Marxist Trash that could care less about this country....please delivers us.

I believe that Trump will have a better rapport with Putin than Biden. I believe and freely admit I have no proof or intimate knowledge, but feel Trump and his administration will have a better chance at negotiating a peaceful end to the war, I believe that will be the #1 priority. Hopefully at least stalling the Russians for the time being, Putin will not be around forever, hopefully his successor will be less of a threat. Hopefully, Trump learned some lessons from his first presidency and will be able to be more effective in his appointments and running the country, hopefully with less drama.
I agree.....I look more at what Trump did than his mouth....our enemies either feared him, respected him, or both.......a weak leader like Biden will create more problems than a strong leader.....again..."peace through strength" ....show weakness and your toast. I, too, hope Trump has learned some lessons.

No foreign leaders respected Trump. I doubt many respect Biden either.

Iran learned to respect him, General Soleimani is unavailable for comment. I am pretty Isreal and Saudi Arabia did, given they were close to signing a peace deal.

I honestly don't understand the Trump hate or even reluctance. Our intelligence community lied to us about the laptop to influence an election (as directed by our now Sec of State), the FBI labeled parents terrorists, Afghanistan withdrawal, Yemeni closing shipping routes, Ukraine, Israel, and that is just a start. Literally the worse president we have ever had. And he showered with his daughter, so yeah morals and all.

But the guy who governed pretty effectively, who has always said outlandish things, apparently won't be able to govern if reelected.

I believe that Trump will have a better rapport with Putin than Biden. I believe and freely admit I have no proof or intimate knowledge, but feel Trump and his administration will have a better chance at negotiating a peaceful end to the war, I believe that will be the #1 priority….
Well, both are egomaniacs looking out for number 1, they have that in common. Trump already has stated his plan, tell Zelenskyy that no more aid is coming and have him accept a Russian deal.

A peaceful end is not necessarily a good thing if the opponent gets everything they want. Look at Israel/Hamas war, they can have peace tomorrow if Israel would accept Hamas’ terms.

But the guy who governed pretty effectively, who has always said outlandish things, apparently won't be able to govern if reelected.
I have no doubts that Trump would be much better than Biden domestically. It is his foreign policy I am leery of. Also, if he had said something negative about Ukraine once, I’d let it go. However, he has been pretty consistent about not supporting them on multiple occasion over the course of months. At some point one has to take him seriously on this matter.

I realize most of his base don’t care about Ukraine or geopolitics and probably couldn’t name majority of the countries that border it. It most likely is not an issue for them.

Well, both are egomaniacs looking out for number 1, they have that in common. Trump already has stated his plan, tell Zelenskyy that no more aid is coming and have him accept a Russian deal.

A peaceful end is not necessarily a good thing if the opponent gets everything they want. Look at Israel/Hamas war, they can have peace tomorrow if Israel would accept Hamas’ terms.
Like I stated to Red Leg, I don’t think Trump has enough information to offer a specific detailed plan on brokering an end to the war nor do I believe he’ll offer specifics on how it will be accomplished during this upcoming election other than general statements. And if competent military advisors and diplomats have his ear, I suspect that information will be kept for the negotiating table If he wins the presidency. Although I’m uncertain of what the outcome may be, my take is that the Ukrainians won’t stand for a russian occupation.

I believe Trump will primarily focus on domestic issues because it is my belief that is what’s most important to voters right now, whether you agree with this, right or wrong. They are suffering on a variety of life issues right now. Housing, inflation, medical, crime, education, just trying to survive. I mean no offense to my fellow forum members, but this is not relatable to many of you but many struggling day to day, barely making ends meet just aren’t focused on world events like some of us on the forum. Many of us through hard work of course have reached a measure of success to be more contemplative about such things.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesgam

Latest profile posts

John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,
I hunted elephant with Luke Samaris in 2005. It was my fourth safari and I tell you he is a fine gentleman the best. I got the opportunity to meet Patty Curtis, although never hunted with him but enjoyed our conversation around our tent in the Selous. Very sad for a tough guy to leave this world the way he did. Let’s pray the murderers are caught. I hope to see Luke in Nashville.