Politics

Biden does not need to sell me on why Trump is unfit, Trump already does that for him. Biden needs to sell me on why HE is fit for the presidency. I am waiting…

So, you still believe that Biden is still fit to be president? :E Wow::E Wow:

I am someone who generally thinks that Trump is guilty of everything with which he has been charged. I do not believe in deep state conspiracies or think that Biden has “weaponized” the DOJ. I have never bought into the attacks on Clinton, and I do not buy into the attacks on Biden. Most of all, I do not want to see Trump return to the WH.

So, you do not believe that the Clinton campaign and the DNC paid for a fake dossier of completely fabricated crap on Trump in an attempt to interfere with the 2016 election. You also don't believe that the FBI lied and fabricated evidence to generate FISA warrants looking for dirt on Trump and his supporters? I guess that you also don't believe in the countless texts and emails between Comey and his subordinates on how they were going to do whatever was necessary to ensure that Trump would never be elected?

Then we have HRC using a private, unsecured email server that contained hundreds if not thousands of emails containing classified information that she deleted and then subsequently destroyed the server?

Let's not forget the two sham impeachment attempts on Trump and the clown show Jan 6 committee that all tried and failed to link Trump to any number of fake crimes from Russian collusion to attempting to overthrow the U.S. government.... Trump gets indicted and his home raided by a SWAT team removing classified documents from his own WH during his term as POTUS, while Brandon does it as a Senator which is absolutely illegal by any interpretation, yet he escapes indictment because he was deemed mentally incompetent to stand trial by a DOJ appointed special council...

And last but not least, we have die-hard democratic prosecutors in multiple states who all openly made campaign promises to get Trump, abusing their offices to create fake indictments of crimes which either did not exist or have passed their statute of limitations... Yeah, no such thing as deep state conspiracies... Nothing to see here.... Orange man bad.... Textbook TDS... LOL...!

So, you still believe that Biden is still fit to be president? :E Wow::E Wow:
I am not sure that he is physically fit enough for the presidency but I know that Trump is temperamentally unfit.

My point is that the Biden election strategy seems to be pointing to all of the reasons that Trump is unfit, but what they need to be doing is convincing people that Biden is fit.

I have been told for months now by people far more knowledgeable in these matters than myself that the Biden campaign would be making a big push to do just that, but it has yet to materialize.

This leads me to believe there are two possibilities as to why. Either they think the Trump conviction and his other legal troubles is a winning issue for them (which I maintain it is not), or Biden is not fit enough make the case himself. Either possibility deeply troubling.

I think Democrats (and Republicans to some extent) should be wary of leaning too heavily on the Trump conviction and his ongoing criminal trials as an election strategy.

I am someone who generally thinks that Trump is guilty of everything with which he has been charged. I do not believe in deep state conspiracies or think that Biden has “weaponized” the DOJ. I have never bought into the attacks on Clinton, and I do not buy into the attacks on Biden. Most of all, I do not want to see Trump return to the WH.

HOWEVER, I just cannot muster the energy to care all that much one way or the other. I have already decided not to vote for Trump, so this conviction changes nothing for me. It just confirms what I think of him. More importantly, it does NOT change what I think of Biden.

Democrats have a real challenge this election because they need to both turn out their base and capture some centrists. The Trump base is going to turn out no matter what, so he just needs to not alienate every centrist.

The news is oversaturated with coverage of the Trump trials, it has burned me out, and I think a lot of Americans feel the same way.

Biden does not need to sell me on why Trump is unfit, Trump already does that for him. Biden needs to sell me on why HE is fit for the presidency. I am waiting…
You will be waiting a long time!.... You bring up many great points about our current political situation in this country and I agree with the non-stop Trump trial coverage; I think it has done more to motivate his supporters and dishearten the Democrat voting base.

Don't tell me your opponent is evil, tell me how you are not evil.... and Joe has a HARD time with that.

It appears to me that Joe has done to the Democrat voting base what Dillon Mulvaney did to Bud Light; and the latest reversal on Marijuana laws seems like an impotent attempt at reconciliation with his voter base...... Who well knows he could have done this WAY before things were so blatantly wrong and now the only leg he has to stand on is abortion.

I will say to all the people in Austin that nonstop shouted "Anything is better than Trump!".... Well we saw the answer to scenario and instead of waving good bye to Trump as he rides off into the sunset - Now you are left with the very real possibility of seeing his resurrection.

Bottom line - If emotional decisions were good, then our divorce rate in this country wouldn't be 50%+..... So we need to stop making political decisions based on emotions - And that goes for everyone!

My point is that the Biden election strategy seems to be pointing to all of the reasons that Trump is unfit, but what they need to be doing is convincing people that Biden is fit.

That's not what I have been seeing at all... For many months, the Brandon people have been desperately trying to focus the campaign on a "strong economy" LOL..! They actually hadn't mentioned Trump directly much at all until this verdict was handed down. Now, they are trying to capitalize on the term "convicted felon" which is obviously back-firing...

As far as the strategy of convincing people that Brandon is fit, I wish them good luck with that. People can now clearly see Brandon's physical and mental frailty with their own eyes. They can feel the pain economically every time they go the grocery store or gas station, and the disaster at the border can no longer be denied.... Brandon's campaign has the task of convincing people not to believe their own lying eyes which is an impossible ask. They will go with the convicted felon thing, until they realize that won't work either... I assume they will soon revive the abortion hysteria. That's really the only thing the democrats have that has worked in their favor... At this point after all we have seen and endured, I doubt that will be enough for him, but we will see....

I think Democrats (and Republicans to some extent) should be wary of leaning too heavily on the Trump conviction and his ongoing criminal trials as an election strategy.

HOWEVER, I just cannot muster the energy to care all that much one way or the other. I have already decided not to vote for Trump, so this conviction changes nothing for me. It just confirms what I think of him. More importantly, it does NOT change what I think of Biden.

Democrats have a real challenge this election because they need to both turn out their base and capture some centrists. The Trump base is going to turn out no matter what, so he just needs to not alienate every centrist.

The news is oversaturated with coverage of the Trump trials, it has burned me out, and I think a lot of Americans feel the same way.

And for a while I had hopes that you were a rational person. sigh.

The two brain cells president Crapshimself has left are sputtering and about to run out of gas………. The guy can’t form a complete coherent sentence and you still think he can make decisions?

Looks like Biden is going to use EO to “shut down the border” my ass! Capping it at 2500 per day. That’s the equivalent to telling shop lifters they can steal up to $999.99 without prosecution but don’t steal that last penny or we will arrest you. 0 is a good number to cap it at. IMHO

Most that deny the existence of the Deep State simply don't understand what it is, much less who it is. Newt Gingrich does a good job of explaining exactly what Republicans are referring to.

Looks like Biden is going to use EO to “shut down the border” my ass! Capping it at 2500 per day. That’s the equivalent to telling shop lifters they can steal up to $999.99 without prosecution but don’t steal that last penny or we will arrest you. 0 is a good number to cap it at. IMHO

lets see.... 2500 x 365 days in a year = 912,500 immigrants a year that we are knowingly and willingly allowing to cross the border illegally...

while that is certainly a much lower number that what we've been dealing with for the past 3+ years.. who in their right mind thinks intentionally letting close to 1M people violate your nations laws is acceptable?

and who really thinks they intend on actually doing this..

the EO as I understand it ALLOWS them to close the border...

It doesnt FORCE them to close the border or actually require them to do anything...

and if the border does close.. so what? we have miles upon miles upon miles of unsecured border land.. people will simply go back to crossing the way they always have... and cross where there is no check point or wall.. which means we'll still have well more than 1M illegals coming in annually..

this is nothing more than another election season shell game... an attempt to appease the centrists within the D party and tell them you are doing something.. while at the same time not pissing off the progressives that demand that you do nothing..

its a signature on a piece of paper that changes zero in terms of the border problem..

Biden is a figurehead. Other people are making the decisions.
Biden just shuffles away from the podium like a zombie without even answering questions.
Recent polls show that Biden has been losing approx 30% of the black vote. Economic issues, and inner cities being flooded with migrants, being the driving force behind black voters disgust with the current administration.
Too many low information voters over the years have been bamboozled by the left into thinking the Democrats are fine upstanding people who will help them solve the problems and create a better life
Nothing could be further from the truth.

Republicans need to capitalize on that, and start being the party for the people.

Last edited:
Did we expect anything different from that moron? He’s such an ass. First thing out of his mouth was blaming republicans for his F up.

That's not what I have been seeing at all... For many months, the Brandon people have been desperately trying to focus the campaign on a "strong economy" LOL..! They actually hadn't mentioned Trump directly much at all until this verdict was handed down. Now, they are trying to capitalize on the term "convicted felon" which is obviously back-firing...

As far as the strategy of convincing people that Brandon is fit, I wish them good luck with that. People can now clearly see Brandon's physical and mental frailty with their own eyes. They can feel the pain economically every time they go the grocery store or gas station, and the disaster at the border can no longer be denied.... Brandon's campaign has the task of convincing people not to believe their own lying eyes which is an impossible ask. They will go with the convicted felon thing, until they realize that won't work either... I assume they will soon revive the abortion hysteria. That's really the only thing the democrats have that has worked in their favor... At this point after all we have seen and endured, I doubt that will be enough for him, but we will see....
You are correct. Bidenomics fizzled out for sure. But the Biden campaign, and to a greater extent Biden himself, has made “defending democracy” central to the campaign pitch, which is really just a way of saying that Trump has been indicted for trying to subvert democracy.

Not only am I skeptical that this resonates with the general public, but also I see it as failing to convince voters why Biden is the best candidate to defend democracy.

This is what I see as the main factor in Biden’s enthusiasm gap. Voters may believe that Trump is unfit for office and they may broadly agree with Democratic policies, but Biden has been unable to convince voters that he is the right person for the job.

My guess is that he is betting heavily on a strong first debate performance to make that case, but if that fails there, I do not see it as very likely that he will win.

And I would love to see it - if, of course, they have everything in order with their marching drill.
They don't call the 82nd Airborne Division America's Guard of Honor for nothing.

My guess is that he is betting heavily on a strong first debate performance to make that case, but if that fails there, I do not see it as very likely that he will win.

Im honestly not sure that debates really matter anymore..

younger generations want small bites of information compiled from favorite sources.. whether left or right side voters, only a handful will watch or even care about the debates... their minds are already made up.. those handful that do watch will turn sound bites into memes which will then circulate through all of the common social media platforms.. but will largely be out of context... there will be a biden gaff meme... a trump is the devil meme... etc.. but none will really mean much of anything to anyone..

older generations are where the centrist D and centrist R largely are located.. I believe most of them have grown tired of everything.. many have reached a point of absolute apathy.. they get their news and information solely from the channels that support their personal beliefs/values/morals/ethics/etc and dont pay any attention to whats said anywhere else..

So Fox will present Trump as having trounced Biden when its all said and done.. and will further declare that the debate was rigged against him.. and people that want to believe that before the debate ever happened, will absolutely believe it afterwards because Brett Bayer or Tucker or Jesse said so...

MSNBC will declare Joe Biden as having destroyed Trump.. no matter that the actual truth is.. and proclaim that Trump had every advantage going into the debate possible and still lost.. and the people that want to believe that, will... because Tur or Ruhle said so...

and that will be the end of it...

Debates in the past have been a great way to compare and contrast candidates and let us all see and hear their positions and gain an understanding of who is quick witted, of sharp mind, of "presidential" appearance, etc and lets them dig into major issues and let us know where they stand and why...

Pre Twitter/X, Facebook, Instagram, Tik Tok, Linkedin, web forums, etc.. the debates were one of the few tools people could use to get to know their candidates...

Today you can literally watch hours upon hours upon hours of both current and historical actions, speeches, interactions, etc.. and review thousands upon thousands of pages of notes, memorandums, executive orders, legislation, court rulings, etc..etc.. daily on anyone youre interested in (not just presidential candidates) all at the touch of a button...

Those who are interested in the candidates already know who/what they are and who/what they stand for and what their personalities are (both good and bad traits)...

Those who arent interested.. well.. a debate wont change anything... they werent interested to begin with..

And for those who dont care about the actual candidates, but only care about the party position on things.. the debate doesnt change anything for them either...

Im afraid a debate these days really isnt anything other than more bread and circuses.. most Americans are just tuning in for the cheap entertainment value.. hoping Biden will say something truly stupid or stammer or stumble off the stage like a decrepit old man.. or hoping Trump will say something demeaning toward a moderator or the candidate so they can all wince and moan and further declare "see! orange man bad!"...

This isnt like Reagan - Carter where we actually hoped to learn something about one, or both candidates..

We already know everything we need to know...

This is just another opportunity to make fun of the other party...

I think the single biggest thing Trump can do at this point is very carefully choose his running mate.. nothing else from now forward will potentially change peoples minds or push those not otherwise willing to vote for him toward his camp/campaign..

I think (my opinion) the single biggest thing Joe Biden can do from this point forward is do what everyone already expects him to do.. go sit in the basement and shut up... stop giving R's ammunition to validate his inability to take a morning poop on his own, much less run a country..

There are very few undecideds left...

The fight from now forward is about motivating those who do support you to actually show up and vote... give them a reason to turn out in huge numbers... (whether that is "im awesome" or "the other guy sucks" really doesnt matter)..

We're not going to learn anything "new" at a debate.. its just going to be a mud slinging contest.. that we all walk away laughing (or crying) about..

Agree with a lot of this except when you state “no other candidate or past president have put themselves in positions where the other side could charge them” I don’t care how you slice it but having classified documents from back when he was a senator and Vice President and not being charged is a definite double standard not to mention Hillary erasing emails. And don’t forget Comey stating that while crimes were committed no reasonable prosecutor would prosecute.
Sure but I think Trump has taken it to another level. He’s on tape talking about classified Iran war plans and efforts asking other people to hide documents (obstruction of justice).

Im honestly not sure that debates really matter anymore..

younger generations want small bites of information compiled from favorite sources.. whether left or right side voters, only a handful will watch or even care about the debates... their minds are already made up.. those handful that do watch will turn sound bites into memes which will then circulate through all of the common social media platforms.. but will largely be out of context... there will be a biden gaff meme... a trump is the devil meme... etc.. but none will really mean much of anything to anyone..

older generations are where the centrist D and centrist R largely are located.. I believe most of them have grown tired of everything.. many have reached a point of absolute apathy.. they get their news and information solely from the channels that support their personal beliefs/values/morals/ethics/etc and dont pay any attention to whats said anywhere else..

So Fox will present Trump as having trounced Biden when its all said and done.. and will further declare that the debate was rigged against him.. and people that want to believe that before the debate ever happened, will absolutely believe it afterwards because Brett Bayer or Tucker or Jesse said so...

MSNBC will declare Joe Biden as having destroyed Trump.. no matter that the actual truth is.. and proclaim that Trump had every advantage going into the debate possible and still lost.. and the people that want to believe that, will... because Tur or Ruhle said so...

and that will be the end of it...

Debates in the past have been a great way to compare and contrast candidates and let us all see and hear their positions and gain an understanding of who is quick witted, of sharp mind, of "presidential" appearance, etc and lets them dig into major issues and let us know where they stand and why...

Pre Twitter/X, Facebook, Instagram, Tik Tok, Linkedin, web forums, etc.. the debates were one of the few tools people could use to get to know their candidates...

Today you can literally watch hours upon hours upon hours of both current and historical actions, speeches, interactions, etc.. and review thousands upon thousands of pages of notes, memorandums, executive orders, legislation, court rulings, etc..etc.. daily on anyone youre interested in (not just presidential candidates) all at the touch of a button...

Those who are interested in the candidates already know who/what they are and who/what they stand for and what their personalities are (both good and bad traits)...

Those who arent interested.. well.. a debate wont change anything... they werent interested to begin with..

And for those who dont care about the actual candidates, but only care about the party position on things.. the debate doesnt change anything for them either...

Im afraid a debate these days really isnt anything other than more bread and circuses.. most Americans are just tuning in for the cheap entertainment value.. hoping Biden will say something truly stupid or stammer or stumble off the stage like a decrepit old man.. or hoping Trump will say something demeaning toward a moderator or the candidate so they can all wince and moan and further declare "see! orange man bad!"...

This isnt like Reagan - Carter where we actually hoped to learn something about one, or both candidates..

We already know everything we need to know...

This is just another opportunity to make fun of the other party...

I think the single biggest thing Trump can do at this point is very carefully choose his running mate.. nothing else from now forward will potentially change peoples minds or push those not otherwise willing to vote for him toward his camp/campaign..

I think (my opinion) the single biggest thing Joe Biden can do from this point forward is do what everyone already expects him to do.. go sit in the basement and shut up... stop giving R's ammunition to validate his inability to take a morning poop on his own, much less run a country..

There are very few undecideds left...

The fight from now forward is about motivating those who do support you to actually show up and vote... give them a reason to turn out in huge numbers... (whether that is "im awesome" or "the other guy sucks" really doesnt matter)..

We're not going to learn anything "new" at a debate.. its just going to be a mud slinging contest.. that we all walk away laughing (or crying) about..
All of this is very valid and well thought out, but now I feel old.

I guess the only way the debates will matter this cycle is if Trump says something so abhorrent or Biden looks so unwell that it demobilizes voters.

All of this is very valid and well thought out, but now I feel old.

what is sadly hysterical about your post is... I said the exact same thing when I finished typing it...

"damn... Im old!" lol...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RussellArr

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?