Politics

Good. He will need it for attorneys' fees for upcoming appeals and trials. :sneaky:

I'm not a Trump fan and have stated that on this thread a few times. However, if you think this sham trial in NYC was anything about the search for truth and justice and not using our system of justice to eliminate a political opponent, you're living in La La Land. And I think you know this. So you're reply confuses me, it seems you support what was done to Trump.

I simply do not, the precedent set will I fear have long term negative effects for this country. It will only feed the extreme element on the right that the system is rigged...and hell they may be right. It surprises me that someone who is as intelligent as you are apparently doesn't see this.

Did I misunderstand your post?

I’m not the brightest light in the closet so help me understand this conviction:

- Trump filled out paperwork in applying for a loan against property stating what he felt the property was worth,
- the bank, legally disallowed from using his estimate, hired an independent appraisal of the property,
- the bank, based on the independent appraisal, offered Trump a loan against the property, which he accepted,
- the loan was issued, and the payments were made.

Can someone please explain who was damaged and what the crime was?

Personally, regardless of how I feel about Trump, I’ve had about enough of these bastards

I’m not the brightest light in the closet so help me understand this conviction:

- Trump filled out paperwork in applying for a loan against property stating what he felt the property was worth,
- the bank, legally disallowed from using his estimate, hired an independent appraisal of the property,
- the bank, based on the independent appraisal, offered Trump a loan against the property, which he accepted,

Personally, regardless of how I feel about Trump, I’ve had about enough of these bastards

Totally agree, but that was the previous sham civil case. This latest case was regarding the hush money to somehow illegally affect the election for which the FEC said there was no evidence thereof.

If you already knew this and this was to bring that issue back in the discussion, my bad.

I’m not on the side of the prosecution and I think these prosecutions are wrong but did hear a few other things from the trial. One was that Trump listed his penthouse as being three times the size it really is in loan documents to make it seem more valuable. Perhaps a technicality that was one of several that they found? But I agree, where are the victims??

I'm not a Trump fan and have stated that on this thread a few times. However, if you think this sham trial in NYC was anything about the search for truth and justice and not using our system of justice to eliminate a political opponent, you're living in La La Land. And I think you know this. So you're reply confuses me, it seems you support what was done to Trump.

I simply do not, the precedent set will I fear have long term negative effects for this country. It will only feed the extreme element on the right that the system is rigged...and hell they may be right. It surprises me that someone who is as intelligent as you are apparently doesn't see this.

Did I misunderstand your post?
I don't support the lawsuits. I do have an issue with Trump with his own resources using campaign funds to pay his attorneys.

My personal opinion of these lawsuits is that the Manhattan one was a reach, even at the end the crime that elevated misdemeanors with expired statute of limitations to felonies was not clearly defined. Not to mention the Judge's raincoat analogy which for all practical purposes said he made payments so there was a crime.

The DC case is also a big reach.

Georgia case might have some teeth if they can tie Trump to people that already pleaded guilty.

The Florida case has some teeth especially if they can prove obstruction of justice based on Trump's actions.

That being said, no other candidate or past President have put themselves in positions where the other side could charge them for a slew of crimes. Heck, even the first impeachment (I don't agree with it) occurred because of his actions that were easy to spin as an impeachable offense.

Manhattan case would not have been there if he was not an adulterer that made payments to cover it up. DC and Georgia cases would not have been there if he had accepted election results (as an aside we most likely would have a GOP majority in the Senate). FL case would not have been there if he had turned the documents in and not tried to hide he had them.

All self-inflicted due to his moral bankruptcy, impulsiveness, and lack of judgement (not POTUS qualifications for sure). Why give ammunition to your opponents?

I don't support the lawsuits. I do have an issue with Trump with his own resources using campaign funds to pay his attorneys.

My personal opinion of these lawsuits is that the Manhattan one was a reach, even at the end the crime that elevated misdemeanors with expired statute of limitations to felonies was not clearly defined. Not to mention the Judge's raincoat analogy which for all practical purposes said he made payments so there was a crime.

Georgia case might have some teeth if they can tie Trump to people that already pleaded guilty.

The Florida case has some teeth especially if they can prove obstruction of justice based on Trump's actions.

That being said, no other candidate or past President have put themselves in positions where the other side could charge them for a slew of crimes. Heck, even the first impeachment (I don't agree with it) occurred because of his actions that were easy to spin as an impeachable offense.

Manhattan case would not have been there if he was not an adulterer that made payments to cover it up. DC and Georgia cases would not have been there if he had accepted election results (as an aside we most likely would have a GOP majority in the Senate). FL case would not have been there if he had turned the documents in and not tried to hide he had them.

All self-inflicted due to his moral bankruptcy, impulsiveness, and lack of judgement (not POTUS qualifications for sure). Why give ammunition to your opponents?

I won't disagree with your assessment of his character flaws. I'd agree too that his behavior at least invited these issues, not sure I'd say they're entirely self-inflicted. Biden sure seems to have his flaws yet he's skated on his Ukraine problems thus far. And well I'm only typing this at this late hour as I'm finding sleep difficult tonite. Nonetheless I will try again and not bother to get into how the Clinton's have broken laws and not been held accountable.

None of this suddenly changes the old adage that two wrongs don't make a right, but my main point was this has all been politically motivated and not for seeking justice. If those horses aren't quickly reigned back into the corral, we're going to face a lot more of this going forward. It may very well be too late now.

1717495276408.png

'Nuff said. We can do better, unfortunately we did not.

Agree with a lot of this except when you state “no other candidate or past president have put themselves in positions where the other side could charge them” I don’t care how you slice it but having classified documents from back when he was a senator and Vice President and not being charged is a definite double standard not to mention Hillary erasing emails. And don’t forget Comey stating that while crimes were committed no reasonable prosecutor would prosecute.

Bill Clinton paid hush money (Paula Jones) - nothing happened to him.
Bill Clinton lying under oath & obstruction of justice - impeached, and then nothing.
Hitlary Clinton and the e-mail scandal - Nothing happened to her.
Hitlary Clinton and Benghazi - again, nothing.
Biden holding classified doc - too old to stand trial, but good enough to be president
Dr Fauci - Too many to list, and again, nothing.

:unsure::unsure:

And I'm sure there are a lot more crimes committed by the left that have gone unpunished. If we don't believe this is a political persecution, we are lost as nation. From what I've read the NY trial was the weakest and look what happened. The left is terrified of Trump, and they want to make sure he can't win.

"All self-inflicted due to his moral bankruptcy, impulsiveness, and lack of judgement (not POTUS qualifications for sure). Why give ammunition to your opponents?"

I see nothing in the Constitution that reads "In full effect, except in case of Trump and his moral failings. "

To claim that "Trump brought it on himself" and therefore does not have the right to equal protection under the law is exactly what is wrong all of the cases against him.

Wonder when we will take similar actions?
Well that would go against the narrative of peace loving migrants; which is what caused the German police officer to be killed.

This attack happened while members of the "right" side of German politics were holding a peaceful protest about the current immigration status of their country.

The 25yo attacker who is originally from Afghanistan pulled a knife and attacked the protestors, the protestors were able to subdue the attacker and hold him down, however when police arrived they saw a poor immigrant being attacked by "right wing nationalists" and tackled the protestors.... which gave the attacker the ability to jump up and resume his attack by fatally stabbing one of the responding officers.

Yet media outlets are trying to portray this as just another knife attack and will not touch the subject of how police intervention ultimately lead to the taking of an officers life.

In 2017 the UAE foreign minister predicted the rise of European extremists due to ignorance and politically correct policies of western governments.

NYC Is a cesspool of lost cause. It reminds me of the movie "Escape from New York"

Giuliani was able to clean the streets of NY, and the city was a nice place to visit. Ever since the left took over, the city has gone to the dark side and back to its always. Seems like the left enjoys turning good places into cesspools. SMH. :A Bang Head:

Last edited:
I think Democrats (and Republicans to some extent) should be wary of leaning too heavily on the Trump conviction and his ongoing criminal trials as an election strategy.

I am someone who generally thinks that Trump is guilty of everything with which he has been charged. I do not believe in deep state conspiracies or think that Biden has “weaponized” the DOJ. I have never bought into the attacks on Clinton, and I do not buy into the attacks on Biden. Most of all, I do not want to see Trump return to the WH.

HOWEVER, I just cannot muster the energy to care all that much one way or the other. I have already decided not to vote for Trump, so this conviction changes nothing for me. It just confirms what I think of him. More importantly, it does NOT change what I think of Biden.

Democrats have a real challenge this election because they need to both turn out their base and capture some centrists. The Trump base is going to turn out no matter what, so he just needs to not alienate every centrist.

The news is oversaturated with coverage of the Trump trials, it has burned me out, and I think a lot of Americans feel the same way.

Biden does not need to sell me on why Trump is unfit, Trump already does that for him. Biden needs to sell me on why HE is fit for the presidency. I am waiting…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LJBGabriel

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?