Politics

In today's sue happy society, I dont know how easy that would be.
Look what happened when the Whitehouse revoked a simple
press pass of that walking turd, Jim Acosta.
CNN sued and got it reinstated.
It's hard to get rid of the cockroaches.....at any level

Yes it does. You and I both have seen Officer and Enlisted have their Security Clearance revoked for much less.

Both the UCMJ, and the Federal Statutes provide legal means to revoke the Clearance of any Service members, or Federal Employee.

Whether the President and his legal team can withstand the political pressure of such an effort is another matter.

The DoD does not represent the entire bureaucracy. I could be wrong but I don't believe security clearnances would or even should be required at other gov't agencies such as the IRS, HHS, etc.

Tell the boss to quit letting them come across the border, dumbass.
But ....but.....give us more money anyway.
FB_IMG_1717594702477.jpg

Yes it does. You and I both have seen Officer and Enlisted have their Security Clearance revoked for much less.

Both the UCMJ, and the Federal Statutes provide legal means to revoke the Clearance of any Service members, or Federal Employee.

Whether the President and his legal team can withstand the political pressure of such an effort is another matter.
And in thirty-years of military service I never saw the security clearance process abused for political purposes. All it would do is institute a tit for tat misuse of the security clearance system for political reasons whenever the party in power changed. I suspect bipartisan congressional action would bring it to a screeching halt were any administration to attempt it - at least I would hope so.

The issue is not what Windmans or Pages or Allens exist in the bureaucracy, but how to curb its size and power. Since the New Deal. its growth has made it a seperate power base within government - as I said above a virtual fourth branch. Moreover, it is not directly answerable to the American electorate. In recent decades, the concentration of its members in states like Maryland and Virginia has also given it a political base of its own which will make reform ever more difficult.

It is a structural challenge far greater than lifting a few clearances.

A modern day Church Committee would be a good start to pulling in the reins of the bureaucracy. Will that happen. Probably not. Frank Church served at a time of more bipartisanship in the Senate. Church was also a Democrat. Democrats these days seem to be pushing for expanded government, not accountable government. During the time of the committee, there was also an unelected President who saw himself as much a Senator as he did President.

I don't believe security clearnances would or even should be required at other gov't agencies such as the IRS, HHS, etc.

As a general rule, people working at the IRS shouldnt/wouldnt require clearances.. but there are exceptions...

For example, IRS agents assigned to certain federal law enforcement task forces would likely require clearances (investigating trans national narco trafficking, international human trafficking, etc.)..

While I hate the IRS as much as the next guy.. from a law enforcement perspective, agents from some of the non traditional law enforcement agencies often bring HUGE value to various task force groups..

For example, we had a US Postal Inspector assigned to a US Marshals led task force that I was once assigned to, that dealt with finding very bad people that were very good at not being found..

The postal inspector had jurisdictional authorities that others in the group didnt have.. and more importantly, he had a specific set of skills and experience that no one else in the group had.. he was critical in not only helping us find some people, but also in levying certain charges against those same people that we otherwise wouldnt have pursued (or likely have known to pursue)..

because of the national security threat that some of the people we were tracking down posed and because we required access to certain federal information and systems that required certain levels of clearance, most everyone on the task force carried a security clearance..

there would be a handful of others outside the "agents" group within the IRS that I can think of that likely hold clearances as well..

80% +/- of all clearances are DOD though.. DOJ, DHS, DOS, DOE, etc..etc.. all combined only hold roughly 20% of current clearances..

Something that is also important to understand about clearances is that different agencies have different clearances and different processes for awarding and maintaining those clearances as well..

For example... a DOD Top Secret is not the same thing as a DOS Top Secret.. which is absolutely different from a Dept of Energy "Q" clearance (their "top secret" is called a "Q")..

and while the DOD and DOS generally "allow" each others clearances.. for example.. If I hold a DOD TS SCI.. and I have a need to be read in on a DOS SCI program... DOS typically recognizes the DOD clearance and allows me to move forward with the read in procedures..

that is NOT true however with DOE.. they see their Q clearance as a different standard.. and will not automatically allow a DOD TS TSCI holder to be read in on equivalent level material... there is an entire process for having your DOD clearance reviewed by DOE and additional steps that must be gone through before you "see" their stuff...

Last edited:
Interesting opinion piece about the trial.

Very

Not sure how many people know but there was a big march in London last Saturday 1st of June. This was British people and others of different colour and religion who stand for the same standards who are totally fed up with what's happening to the country. The MSM either didn't cover it, or their output was that it was right wing radicals...football hooligans and drunks....now I have watched a few videos from the YouTube news people....and totally the opposite. Ordinary people out showing their feelings for what's going on.....the Palestinian marches are covered big time , and all the other types of protest....but get these people who are now pissed off with what the government and police have and are allowing to happen....and they are the bad people...this is a video showing some of it including at the beginning what was in the papers etc.....its unbelievable how the MSM has twisted the whole thing....well actually not when I think about it.....

Last edited:
Not sure how many people know but there was a big march in London last Saturday 1st of June. This was British people and others of different colour and religion who stand for the same standards who are totally fed up with what's happening to the country. The MSM either didn't cover it, or their output was that it was right wing radicals...football hooligans and drunks....now I have watched a few videos from the YouTube news people....and totally the opposite. Ordinary people out showing their feelings for what's going on.....the Palestinian marches are covered in time , and all the other types of protest....but get these people who are now pissed off with what the government and police have and are allowing to happen....and they are the bad people...this is a video showing some of it including at the beginning what was in the papers etc.....its unbelievable how the MSM has twisted the whole thing....well actually not when I think about it.....

Saw it on YouTube. Hopefully more Western nations are waking up. Rebel News has a great report about the march on their channel. Tommy used to work there as a reporter.

Saw it on YouTube. Hopefully more Western nations are waking up. Rebel News has a great report about the march on their channel. Tommy used to work there as a reporter.

Quite a few good video reports out there on YouTube apart from that one...this guy is very good as well...was one of the speakers on stage that day..

I used to love visiting London, and did so rather frequently. I hope they can turn things around but I am not confident, especially with Sadiq Khan as mayor.

Yeah....unfortunately he was re-elected just recently....I think you can figure out how and who voted for him......

have you ever seen a democrat be a rational person?.......bob

I gotta say that I feel that Saul is a rational person and a true gentleman in discussing differing points of view.

have you ever seen a democrat be a rational person?.......bob
Quite a few actually. For instance, my brother is one. He is a highly successful trial lawyer who contributes a lot to keeping your insurance rates somewhat affordable. We disagree on some policy issues, but I assure you he is rational and highly intelligent. In fact he reminds me of @Saul in many ways who always offers well thought out contributions to this discussion while too many others seem only capable of sophomoric and insulting one-liners.

Yeah....unfortunately he was re-elected just recently....I think you can figure out how and who voted for him......
I was in the UK last year to get measured for my Rigby. I was amazed at the demographics change in the last several years. UK is much browner than I remembered.

Interesting opinion piece about the trial.

Outstanding article and a sad statement on the state of our nation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KelliBarwe

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim
jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with