Politics

...Hopefully Trump will tackle the problem and bring long lasting peace for the Mexican people because Mexican politicians are not solving the problems.
Well, neither Trump nor any American President can do anything about cartels IN Mexico itself. It is not like we can do a missile or air strike on their compounds or use troops of our own on the ground.

Trump could not do anything to cartels during his 4 years as President.

New presidente- liberal female greenie. Perfect! Mixes well with cartels??? and might blame the US and climate change for pass through illegals, drug exports and human trafficking. This will be interesting.

Looks like the Sinaloa Cartel won the election.

The Colorado governor has signed a law allowing those in jails and detention centers to vote in the statewide general election.
NY has the same law for convicted felons, hence that is why as a convicted felon Trump can vote in FL. Wonder if he will have to turn in his guns as at one time he had stated that he had a CCW. When he visits Trump Jr., the guns will have to be locked up as well as law states they can't be accessible to a felon.

The Colorado governor has signed a law allowing those in jails and detention centers to vote in the statewide general election.
Maybe if that nut job of a judge in New York sentences Trump to prison sends him to a federal prison in Colorado he can at least try and vote for himself.
To me this is how absolutely absurd this whole affair has become.

Hard to believe that the FBI allowed those agents to participate in that parade while wearing their credentials. :S Censored: :S Censored:

My boss told me that Secretary Haaland is pushing for DOI employees to be able to wear uniforms to events about their beliefs. If so I may make it a point to go to the Southern Baptist Convention annual meeting next year. :ROFLMAO:

Well, neither Trump nor any American President can do anything about cartels IN Mexico itself. It is not like we can do a missile or air strike on their compounds or use troops of our own on the ground.

Of course you can ;)

I am of two minds on the issue of government employees wearing uniforms at pride events.

On the one hand, I can understand how if you are LGBT and love your job, you might want to share that publicly. It would also increase visibility of LGBT people in various occupations and could even help humanize groups like the police. I also can understand the argument that government employees participate in all sorts of public events and parades while wearing their uniforms, so why should this be any different.

On the other hand, I am of the opinion that when you are wear a uniform, you are representing your organization in an official capacity. As a society, we grant a great deal of authority to those in uniforms because there is a shared understanding that they are there to do an important job. As odd as it sounds, I feel that showing too much of the “person” wearing the uniform weakens the authority of and respect for the uniform as an institution.

We would probably be better off if government employees just did not wear uniforms while participating in any public event, unless it is specifically an event for that organization.

On the other hand, I am of the opinion that when you are wear a uniform, you are representing your organization in an official capacity. As a society, we grant a great deal of authority to those in uniforms because there is a shared understanding that they are there to do an important job. As odd as it sounds, I feel that showing too much of the “person” wearing the uniform weakens the authority of and respect for the uniform as an institution.

We would probably be better off if government employees just did not wear uniforms while participating in any public event, unless it is specifically an event for that organization.

:S Agree:

@Saul ... This. I don't think it should happen. I think we should always be viewed in an official capacity. My saying, somewhat tongue-in-cheek, that I'd attend the SBC meeting would be a reactive response. I strongly suspect they'd (my really high up superiors) have extreme unease with my uniform associated with a large scale event of Christian faith.

I am of two minds on the issue of government employees wearing uniforms at pride events.

On the one hand, I can understand how if you are LGBT and love your job, you might want to share that publicly. It would also increase visibility of LGBT people in various occupations and could even help humanize groups like the police. I also can understand the argument that government employees participate in all sorts of public events and parades while wearing their uniforms, so why should this be any different.

My position is this...

Who/what you are is your business.. whether gay or straight, christian or muslim or jew, democrat or republican, etc..etc.. and it needs to remain YOUR business.. its no one elses..

If we had Jewish Pride month and a bunch of FBI agents showed up wearing kippahs, tallit, and bekishe with FBI printed in big letters across the back, the public would lose their minds.. if we had a parade dedicated to straight white middle aged males and the FBI showed up in support just wearing typical daily "agent wear".. people would lose their minds..

But this is acceptable? because its LBTGQ+?

I genuinely could not care one iota if an 1811 (federal agent) of any agency is gay or straight, old or young, white or black, is a practicing shinto or an atheist.. or anything else..

but all of that belongs at home.. not on the job..

the minute you put your badge and gun on your belt in plain view and walk outdoors you are no longer representing a segment of the population.. you represent ALL of the people..

No different than a soldier.. I dont particularly want the 82nd Airborne showing up in uniform to support a Gay Pride parade either..

If members of that division want to go run around the street wearing rainbow flags and shouting about how Palestine should be free on their down time.. while NOT wearing their uniform... thats their business (although their command might have a problem with the palestine thing)..

No different than a soldier.. I dont particularly want the 82nd Airborne showing up in uniform to support a Gay Pride parade either..
And I would love to see it - if, of course, they have everything in order with their marching drill.

No one can do anything to the cartels unless they do something drastic to the government of Mexico; remember the Snowden leaked emails?.... One of those emails stated that two countries on earth were in eminent danger of collapse Pakistan & Mexico.

My position is this...

Who/what you are is your business.. whether gay or straight, christian or muslim or jew, democrat or republican, etc..etc.. and it needs to remain YOUR business.. its no one elses..

I
Well, for a lot of the far right it seems they pick and choose the topic where it is one's own business as they are adamant about interfering with other people's medical care choices (abortion).

This makes me weep for my country on one hand and vomit on the other. Our war dead get one day in May and our veterans get one day in November. All of these others get a month.
Why would you vomit on your hand?

May is National Military Appreciation Month.

Just a slight detour off topic- been reporting a lot of spam lately_ if we caught one, would it be ok to use them for leopard bait? Asking for a friend.

Well, for a lot of the far right it seems they pick and choose the topic where it is one's own business as they are adamant about interfering with other people's medical care choices (abortion).
If a dude wants to have sex with another man, knock yourself out. I won’t complain. I’ll just consider you one of life’s losers. If you want to murder unborn babies because they inconvenience you, I gotta problem with that. Won’t remain silent, just cause the left wants me too. It’s apples and oranges. And you are a smart guy, you know that. I feel you just wanna stir the pot. Hell, I feel that way half the time. :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hyman88W3

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?