Politics

Not to :A Stirring: but a ladyfriend who lives in NE USA just told me that Michelle Obama will likely be the Democratic candidate, and that as a black female, she has a high probability of being the next President.

Please don´t shoot the messenger:A Surrender:

Nope, @shootist~ I believe. Post #36,877.

As for Manhattan, fair point. You'd expect more Dem/Lean Dem jurors than you would Republican/lean Republican options. Roughly a 2:1 split based on Pew research or the last election. But the pool for jurors is roughly 30, you only need to find 2 or 3 to slip onto the final jury.
Also, allowing two lawyers to be on the jury was a big mistake. That is Trial Law 101 stupid.

Can we all at least agree that Trump did not get a fair trial in NY.

For such an unpopular guy.....
FB_IMG_1717352427990.jpg

I look at it as my civic duty and will re-schedule if there is a conflict.
That part was humor, but the second part about the judge's inability to overturn a jury verdict is I believe correct.

Shoot to kill, and the use of deadly force, are one in the same. Different words that describe the same outcome.

None of that was remotely necessary in the staged raid on Trumps home. He wasn't even there at the time. That's one of the reasons the FBI chose that particular time to do it.
I don't know, you have MAGA nutjobs talking about civil war and "fighting in the trenches" etc. on a regular basis. Better to follow procedure than be lax about it and end up with a tragedy.

But Saul, as Brent and others have said, it is utterly obvious that the fix is in against Trump. You can argue that he brings a lot of his woe upon himself, but it is a weak argument because Biden is a screaming example of the same thing. The Democrats are utterly determined to keep him out of the White House, and it seems to be 'at any cost'.
I cannot get myself to the conclusion that “the fix is in against Trump.” Sure, there are many people who do not want to see Trump anywhere near the White House. But I do not buy into any “deep state” conspiracies. For every tough break Trump got in NY, he has had great luck in his two federal cases.
You can argue it any way you like, but it is obvious, and it is not just up to the USA to decide whether it is consequential or not. Look at what the weak and tolerant hand upon the anti-Israeli movement has produced? What the open border has produced. The world is looking at this lot and concluding that the USA has lost its compass. Don't believe me? Scroll on Instagram for a while. So getting back to the cost, it is extremely high, and as many commentators are saying, it is looking to be a step too far. Is it really worth it?
Personally, I think that the NY case was probably unwise, and I am somewhat skeptical of its legal merits. However, I am willing to let the appeals process play out before casting aspersions on our Justice system.

Not to :A Stirring: but a ladyfriend who lives in NE USA just told me that Michelle Obama will likely be the Democratic candidate, and that as a black female, she has a high probability of being the next President.

Please don´t shoot the messenger:A Surrender:
Not to be a downer, but it is not going to happen.

This whole thing is sad but it loudly presses home the message that NOBODY outside the establishment is ever going to be allowed to be president. I told my wife after 2016 that anything like Trump would never be allowed to happen again. I just didn’t know that they would be so arrogant as to be so open and obvious about their intentions and methods. Shows how confident they are in their power. Believe what you want but the “party” is in control and your choice will be between their candidates, Democrat or Republican. If they react this hard against someone as moderate as Trump, look at his actual policies and what he said rather than how he said it, imagine how they would react to an actual threat.
People also said that before Trump was elected. We elected him anyway.

To clear things up on deadly force, peace officers, LEO’s, commissioned security officers, etc., are authorized to use deadly force when ever a clear and present danger of serious bodily injury or death to themselves or a third party when an inanimate threat arises. It is in effect 24/7/365 and not just applicable to certain times. Each jurisdiction has its on policies but that’s pretty much it. There is no special “ shoot to kill” order as anytime deadly force is used it is to “Stop the threat”. This of course is a general short overview.
You are right. It does not matter what law enforcement agency is involved. In the US the requirement to use lethal.force is to neutralize a clear threat. The use of lethal force is always, "shoot to stop." It is never "shoot to kill." Yes, that means shooting central body mass and the subject may well die, but once the threat is over, firing another round (shoot to kill) is murder, and is treated that way.

I voted for Trump in the last two elections and will vote for him again this year, but when he sent out his email stating that the order was out to "shoot to.kill" I cringed.

People also said that before Trump was elected. We elected him anyway.
True but the elites didn’t take him seriously in 2016 but he wasn’t able to stay for a second term either when they woke up, regardless of huge turnout.
The only way Trump gets elected this time is if they make a back door deal with him to allow him to claim the presidency in exchange for concessions. That would be a clever move on their part as it would give many who have written off the system as hopelessly corrupt false hope in the integrity of the system while handcuffing figuratively their problem.
I know some have hope but I am one who has decided it’s all B.S. I don’t trust the government, federal law enforcement, the judicial system, and damn sure not politicians. That’s where our leaders have failed, big time, they have lost the confidence of half the country and are doing nothing to unite it. I don’t see any good way forward because I don’t think our leaders are up to the job anymore.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LatiaU5154

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim
jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with
Grz63 wrote on Cecil Hammonds's profile.
Greetings from Clermont -ferrand !!