Politics

Iskanders just launched from Belarus into Ukraine

Presumably with conventional warheads

However these also have the capacity to be theatre nuclear weapons

These were the predicted form of 'nuclear threat' against Europe if he were to go down that road - however Putin seems to have put all his nuclear systems on stand by

Desperate and so dangerous

Is the principle of MAD about to be tested??

Don't those Ukranians know AKs and ARs are useless? Biden said you needed nukes.
It's been proven over and over if you have an armed population willing to fight the foreign aggressor they will wear them out. The aggressor than has to accept defeat and leave or commit genocide.

5458E449-7AE8-4665-9780-D2BFD3F19F70.jpeg

Iskanders just launched from Belarus into Ukraine

Presumably with conventional warheads

However these also have the capacity to be theatre nuclear weapons

These were the predicted form of 'nuclear threat' against Europe if he were to go down that road - however Putin seems to have put all his nuclear systems on stand by

Desperate and so dangerous

Is the principle of MAD about to be tested??
I pray not.

He has fired quite a few of these thus far along with other systems that are both conventional and nuclear capable. I am confident both US national and NATO reconnaissance assets are monitoring those launch tracks very closely.

I also suspect we are trying to determine what is actually meant by Putin's apparent directive to his nuclear forces. A meaningful portion of both nations' arsenals are always maintained at a high readiness level. For instance, units of the US MIRV equipped Trident force is always at sea.

The most worrisome thing is that it is already abundantly clear that Putin and his advisors are not making decisions based upon either accurate intelligence or accurate assessments of the situation. The growing debacle in Ukraine would seem to make that abundantly clear. A similar miscalculation with his nuclear weapons could be a catastrophe.

Letting him believe he has successfully used nuclear blackmail could be equally catastrophic - he will simply keep doing it.

Love this .. :A Thumbs Up: :D Beers:

View attachment 454650

The Dutch took down their street signs during the German invasion in WWII. In some places, to this day they have not yet been replaced, though this may be more nostalgic now.

Ray B, I'll explain why I won't discuss the topic, it probably turned out to be unclear. My personal feelings have nothing to do with it. The fact is that now is the time when enemy propaganda (or what is perceived that way) becomes unacceptable, and the media that spread it can be punished, one way or another. And I don't want this site to suffer in any way because of my posts.

@ Brent in Az: as I am not from the States, please tell me who was President on 9/11?
According to your sophisticated logic, the Republicans must have caused this incident....

I thought we sent a bunch of anti-tank weapons to Ukraine. However, I'm not seeing reports of Russian tanks on fire. Perhaps I have missed something. :E Confused:

1645983584328.png

I can not verify the accuracy of this clip, but reportedly it is being forwarded from the Kiev area.

Some of the vehicles look like BMP3's and perhaps Kornet anti-tank systems. This sort of work was not done with just RPGs. This looks like the typical effects of Javelin strikes on a combat loaded vehicle where on-board ammunition detonates.

Similar videos are being posted from the Karkiv area.

I have not heard anywhere whether or not anti armor or anti aircraft missiles have been delivered. Getting convoys of weapons across an embattled country does not seem like a simple propasition. As far as I know we have not yet produced a stealthy C-17!

I have not heard anywhere whether or not anti armor or anti aircraft missiles have been delivered. Getting convoys of weapons across an embattled country does not seem like a simple propasition. As far as I know we have not yet produced a stealthy C-17!
Javelins and trainers were first provided to Ukraine in 2018 and the latest in January. British NLAWS were also delivered. An additional 300 are on the way. I assume they will be handed over at the Polish Ukrainian border.

I suspect the effectiveness of this weapon system is as big a surprise to the Russians as the Sagger was to the Israelis in the Yom Kippur war.

UK and others have been delivering prior to the shit and presumably after...now I know geography isn't a hot subject in usa ...and most people there haven't a clue where most countries..let alone cities are in the world....but Ukraine has borders with other countries apart from Russia and Belarus....if you know where the latter is...?... so yeah another fktard post on here by someone who doesn't have a clue...and I am not going to apologise as some of the inane uniformed posts on this thread are unbelievable... :D Beers:

Javelins and trainers were first provided to Ukraine in 2018 and the latest in January. British NLAWS were also delivered. An additional 300 are on the way. I assume they will be handed over at the Polish Ukrainian border.

I suspect the effectiveness of this weapon system is as big a surprise to the Russians as the Sagger was to the Israelis in the Yom Kippur war.

Joe you beat me to it ...slightly more polite as well...;):D Beers:

Well, map is slightly inaccurate as it does not depict Crimea which has been part of Southern Federal District of Russia since 2015 (de facto even if not recognized fully).

And I would also consider Belarus as part of Russia...not a " not Russia "...

Heck, Poland is right there along with other countries bordering Ukraine. As a matter of fact the Ukranian government is asking for volunteers with combat experience to come join them via Poland.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DorcasGran

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?