Politics

Heck, Poland is right there along with other countries bordering Ukraine. As a matter of fact the Ukranian government is asking for volunteers with combat experience to come join them via Poland.

As I posted...set up international unit ...(y)...and good luck to any who head there ...

I can not verify the accuracy of this clip, but reportedly it is being forwarded from the Kiev area.

Some of the vehicles look like BMP3's and perhaps Kornet anti-tank systems. This sort of work was not done with just RPGs. This looks like the typical effects of Javelin strikes on a combat loaded vehicle where on-board ammunition detonates.

Similar videos are being posted from the Karkiv area.

In this unusual situation, where the demented mind of a narcissist has wrought such destruction, at some point does an officer in the field start to wonder about the slaughter of those in his charge? Can we look for those in charge to start "making haste slowly" as it were. Or do you expect the "correct" thing is to keep pushing into the fray?

Not
In this unusual situation, where the demented mind of a narcissist has wrought such destruction, at some point does an officer in the field start to wonder about the slaughter of those in his charge? Can we look for those in charge to start "making haste slowly" as it were. Or do you expect the "correct" thing is to keep pushing into the fray?
Not gazumping joe...but seen reports of Russian troops dumping weapons and surrendering...but sure its a small amount...but ..

I have no idea. I am not Russian.

But one could conclude it may already be happening. I am actually hoping the last pragmatists deep inside the bowels of the Kremlin arrive at a Russian solution for this madness.

I have no idea. I am not Russian.

But one could conclude it may already be happening. I am actually hoping the last pragmatists deep inside the bowels of the Kremlin arrive at a Russian solution for this madness.
Yeah, I appreciate that and my question isn't really what I am trying to articulate either, sorry about that.

I am hoping they back it off to allow the proposed talks on Monday to start.

As I posted...set up international unit ...(y)...and good luck to any who head there ...
Just saw an analyst on French TV, who stated that foreigners going to Ukraine to help, might be used by Putin as a sign of other countries "putting boots on the ground" and thus cause further escalation.

From the Economist.
Screenshot_20220227-135226_Economist.jpg
Screenshot_20220227-135204_Economist.jpg

I am bad for typos, so I want to make sure I type this correctly. Is it two words "shit show" or hyphenated "shit-show"

I see no easy solution regardless. Putin has to save face and show an accomplishment of some sort before backing off if at all.

At first, I really thought setting up "security" for the two breakaway regions would have been enough of a "win" for him to stop from invading.

By invading he gave even more of a reason for Ukraine (which gave up its nukes) wanting to join Nato so I doubt the current government will back off from that.

Screenshot_20220227-140302_Economist.jpg

I see no easy solution regardless. Putin has to save face and show an accomplishment of some sort before backing off if at all.

At first, I really thought setting up "security" for the two breakaway regions would have been enough of a "win" for him to stop from invading.

By invading he gave even more of a reason for Ukraine (which gave up its nukes) wanting to join Nato so I doubt the current government will back off from that.
I agree, Putin's action in 'securing' the two break away regions, then bombarding any and all military strategic positions of the Ukraine, still seemed logical and calculated. Things would be over before the West would have time to react.

But with the developments of this weekend, the intended invasion of mayor cities (Kharkov), this is much less calculated and is starting to look like a mayor f-up.

Then again, I do find the current messages of "inexperienced Russians, being repelled by Ukrainian guerillas" with the same 2 columns of vehicles destroyed on repeat on BBC, a bit too convenient as a message right now... I do hope this is true, but it might also be a media campaign of Zelensky, to keep too many Ukranians from leaving.

Just saw an analyst on French TV, who stated that foreigners going to Ukraine to help, might be used by Putin as a sign of other countries "putting boots on the ground" and thus cause further escalation.

Really....fk him and I hope anyone who goes the best wishes and safety...same for the people of Ukraine....so time for you soft wuss countries in Europe to start growing some balls....UK wanted to cut off swift..but some whinging EU specimens were more interested in themselves....so yeah on a roll to fk people off ..in general... who come out with as I said inane statements...but who are also in countries in Europe, that as I said need to grow some....Belgium has enjoyed the EU gravy train for long enough...so let's see....and yeah thank fk the UK is out of the EU ...which is on par in corruption with quite a few African governments...so (y) :D Beers:

I agree, Putin's action in 'securing' the two break away regions, then bombarding any and all military strategic positions of the Ukraine, still seemed logical and calculated. Things would be over before the West would have time to react.

But with the developments of this weekend, the intended invasion of mayor cities (Kharkov), this is much less calculated and is starting to look like a mayor f-up.

Then again, I do find the current messages of "inexperienced Russians, being repelled by Ukrainian guerillas" with the same 2 columns of vehicles destroyed on repeat on BBC, a bit too convenient as a message right now... I do hope this is true, but it might also be a media campaign of Zelensky, to keep too many Ukranians from leaving.
I found the reports pretty creepy.
Assuming the reports of bewildered young troops is true...
My first reaction was that sending young inexperienced troops as cannon fodder is possibly a brutal tactic to see what the Ukrainians were capable of. Then, send in the real stuff once the expendables were "used up"?

I found the reports pretty creepy.
Assuming the reports of bewildered young troops is true...
My first reaction was that sending young inexperienced troops as cannon fodder is possibly a brutal tactic to see what the Ukrainians were capable of. Then, send in the real stuff once the expendables were "used up"?
I suspect just the opposite. They are using their most modern tanks and armored fighting vehicles. Those require fully trained crews.

Next phase might be coming.

Surgical strikes on strictly military targets did not seem to work. Next option might be turning Kiev to Ukraine's Hiroshima (don't need nukes for that, just bombing) and try to force what's left of the government to capitulate.

At least, that's what I'd do if I was Putin (with his disregard for human life etc.) He still has the big hammer in reserve for an overt Western military reaction.

I suspect just the opposite. They are using their most modern tanks and armored fighting vehicles. Those require fully trained crews.

Agree ...he was only going to send in his top units to hammer Ukraine in 2 to 3 days max to subdue the major cities etc....rest can be mopped up at will.....then can bring the other units ....and I know fkall about military tactics...but apparently I am far superior at reading the news information prior to the invasion...than a lot of experts who said we really didn't expect it to happen...fk me ..it was so obvious I would have bet a million pounds on it....fk knows what odds I would have been given...

The Russian Army is a conscription Army. When I was there last, they had reduced the mandatory service from 24-18 months. Obviously they were young troops, and unlike our Army, all direction comes from Officers, not NCO's. What they have to their advantage is numbers and resources.

It's a tough situation for them to be in. There are familial ties, shared language, values and lifestyles between them and the Ukrainians. How much "heart" they put into the fight is hard to gauge, but one can speculate.

I think Putin is following his playbook, and his moves are predictable. What the world doesn't need is for over-reaction on our (everyone except Russia) parts. Keep up the sanctions and materiel support. Putting BUFF's over the Arctic would only inflate the situation internationally.

For consideration though is the amount of Russian troops committed to action, vs those in reserve on the borders. This may be just the scouting missions, to test the Ukraine resolve, and to deplete their resources.

The Russian Army is a conscription Army. When I was there last, they had reduced the mandatory service from 24-18 months. Obviously they were young troops, and unlike our Army, all direction comes from Officers, not NCO's. What they have to their advantage is numbers and resources.

It's a tough situation for them to be in. There are familial ties, shared language, values and lifestyles between them and the Ukrainians. How much "heart" they put into the fight is hard to gauge, but one can speculate.

I think Putin is following his playbook, and his moves are predictable. What the world doesn't need is for over-reaction on our (everyone except Russia) parts. Keep up the sanctions and materiel support. Putting BUFF's over the Arctic would only inflate the situation internationally.

For consideration though is the amount of Russian troops committed to action, vs those in reserve on the borders. This may be just the scouting missions, to test the Ukraine resolve, and to deplete their resources.
This is precisely what I was alluding to. Putin's a lot of things but he's not stupid and I'm assuming neither are his generals.

U.S. agriculture production costs are increasingly important to the near- and long-term viability of U.S. farms. Fertilizer prices are the issue top of mind for farmers heading into 2022 since fertilizer costs account for approximately 15% of total cash costs in the U.S. All major crop production nutrients have experienced increased prices when compared to September 2020: ammonia has increased over 210%; liquid nitrogen has increased over 159%; urea is up 155%; MAP has increased 125%; DAP is up over 100%; and potash has risen above 134. Expect these cost to go up even more. Many farmers will use less which would reduce yields and raise prices. I think inflation going through the roof. Also will the Fed have the stomach to raise interest rates in the middle of this crisis. The Russians will suffer from the sanctions but so will everyone else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsmaelDak

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?