Politics

But which low-information voters? Right now, the greatest threat to the Republican candidates in Georgia are the Trump supporters, led by the likes of Lin Wood and Sydney Powell, who plan the “boycott” the election. That will be catastrophe created entirely by the uninformed on our side.

It's complete unbridled ignorance on both sides and we all know it. We can sit here and try to hash the who's, what's and why's but that's pointless.

They say a person's true character is revealed in times of crisis and over the last 10 months my eyes have truly been opened to the stupidity, ignorance and lack of critical thinking skills that people on both sides possess AND take advantage of.

A few posts ago I called GA lost for republicans and I still believe it. Who can really even support them now anyways with that POS 6000 page bill that Trump will most likely sign? Where are the rest of the Rand Paul's standing up and saying this bill is a bunch of BS? Where were they when they should have been asking at the very most for a clean, no fluff, stimulus bill? Money to individuals and nothing else. They were in back rooms laughing at us.

Both sides are disgusting.

But which low-information voters? Right now, the greatest threat to the Republican candidates in Georgia are the Trump supporters, led by the likes of Lin Wood and Sydney Powell, who plan the “boycott” the election. That will be catastrophe created entirely by the uninformed on our side.
The motives of Wood & Powell calling for a boycott, is highly suspect, and outright stupid. I would hope that any logical Republican would not fall for that trap.

Warnock, on the other hand, is an ultra radical, yet claims to be a Reverend? More like a false prophet, and a devil in sheep's clothing. I'm sure he appeals to the black voters, simply because of his color.

It's complete unbridled ignorance on both sides and we all know it. We can sit here and try to hash the who's, what's and why's but that's pointless.

They say a person's true character is revealed in times of crisis and over the last 10 months my eyes have truly been opened to the stupidity, ignorance and lack of critical thinking skills that people on both sides possess AND take advantage of.

A few posts ago I called GA lost for republicans and I still believe it. Who can really even support them now anyways with that POS 6000 page bill that Trump will most likely sign? Where are the rest of the Rand Paul's standing up and saying this bill is a bunch of BS? Where were they when they should have been asking at the very most for a clean, no fluff, stimulus bill? Money to individuals and nothing else. They were in back rooms laughing at us.

Both sides are disgusting.
I agree. Rand Pauls 12 minute speech was epic. Only 6 Senators opposed the bill.
Trump said the bill was a disgrace, and wants $2000 payment to each American.

Everytime Pelosi opens her pie hole, it's nothing but a giant lie, and flip flop. She said that Trump's $1000 a year tax cut was nothing but crumbs, but the $600 payout in this bill was "Significant"?

Trump calls for $2000 for each American worker, and now Pelosi agrees?

As Rand Paul stated, "Open the economy"

Part of being informed.

The corrections by Fox and Newsmax led to them both being declared "traitors" and secret "progressives" on places like "What Finger" "OAN" and of course, "Gateway Pundit." I am a little surprised Hannity wasn't named - he is not nearly as restrained on his radio program as he is on Fox. I assume if Coomer prevails, the true believers will simply see it as further evidence of the corruption of our courts.

I think we could all benefit from additional critical thinking.

I agree. Rand Pauls 12 minute speech was epic. Only 6 Senators opposed the bill.
Trump said the bill was a disgrace, and wants $2000 payment to each American.

Everytime Pelosi opens her pie hole, it's nothing but a giant lie, and flip flop. She said that Trump's $1000 a year tax cut was nothing but crumbs, but the $600 payout in this bill was "Significant"?

Trump calls for $2000 for each American worker, and now Pelosi agrees?

As Rand Paul stated, "Open the economy"

This is yet another example of failed leadership, and yes put Trump at the top of the list.....again.

During the entire Congressional debate on the stimulus package, you heard over and over again by Mitch McConnell that the bill was going to require terms that the POTUS would sign. So Trump and Mitch were talking and wanted to keep the bill under 1 trillion. Dems and Republicans alike loaded a lot of pork and set the $600 mark of the common folk, ie, the taxpayers.

Now comes pure political grandstanding by Trump on saying $2000, not $600. A good LEADER would have made that clear earlier in the process.

This is yet another example of failed leadership, and yes put Trump at the top of the list.....again.

During the entire Congressional debate on the stimulus package, you heard over and over again by Mitch McConnell that the bill was going to require terms that the POTUS would sign. So Trump and Mitch were talking and wanted to keep the bill under 1 trillion. Dems and Republicans alike loaded a lot of pork and set the $600 mark of the common folk, ie, the taxpayers.

Now comes pure political grandstanding by Trump on saying $2000, not $600. A good LEADER would have made that clear earlier in the process.
It's not failed leadership, but gamesmanship. Trump wanted $1200 payouts from the start. They came to Trump at the 11th hour, and told him they negotiated $600, along with all the other fat in a bill that is almost 6000 pages, that would take a speed reader a week to get through. You have to pass the bill to see whats in it. Sound familiar?
Take a look at the breakdown of where that money is going. It's mind boggling.
The small businesses in this country are going bankrupt, and the swamp wants to send billions to foreign countries, but give struggling families a whopping $600 per.

Our fine politicians hard at work :(
__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Copied from: The Liberty Herald

Here is no surprise to anyone, but the 5,000 page + stimulus bill equal to $900 Billion is packed full of pork! We just got our hands on the text and we are combing through the document, but here are some of the highlights.

1. $4,184,000 for Office of Ethics expenses.
  2. $85,476,000 for Economic Research Services
  3. $183,921,000 for National Agricultural Statistics Service
  4. $60,131,000 for the Risk Management Agency
  5. $21,000,000 for the Central Utah Project
  6. $3,850,000 for the Office of the President
  7. $13,641,000 for the White House Residence
We will continue to update as we comb through this insanely long piece of legislation.

8. $18,400,000 for the Office of National Drug Control Policy

9. $700,000,000 for the Sudan.

10. $500 million to Isreal

11. $453 million to Ukraine

12. $135 million to Burma

13. $85.5 million to Cambodia

14. $1.4 billion for “Asia Reassurance Initiative Act”

15. $130 million to Nepal

16. $10,000,000 for gender programs in Pakistan.

You get $600.00, let that sink in.

Also buried in the “relief” bill is a new law. If you stream copyrighted content without permission, you’re now a federal felon, punishable by jail time, fines, losing your right to vote or own a firearm, etc.

But they gave you $600 of your own money though.

Trump has thrown out figures more than a handful of times over the last few months, including many times in his campaign speeches. This doesn't even include the fact that Meadows and Mnuchin are in daily if not weekly contact with their counterparts in Congress letting them know what Trump will and will not do.

Just because Pelosi says Trump hasn't provided figures and just because the media doesn't report on statements made by Trump doesn't make it true.

This is from two and a half months ago and was the first to pop up on my search. The need is greater today than it was 2.5 months ago, thus the price inflation.

Republicans and Democrats are trying to keep the number below $1B with as much pork as possible. This means less for the average citizen. Trump wasn't going to put up with that bill with those numbers. $600 per person means more pork for the buddies of Congressmen. Congress had to try it to see if Trump would sign it. He didn't so now they blame Trump and cut back on some pork to raise the per person to $2,000.

If anything, there is as much grandstanding by Pelosi if not more.

1608761396822.png

I don't know how you can say that with a straight face. Maybe you aren't.

It's alot of things but it's not failed leadership. It's a lack of patriotism, common sense, morals and empathy throughout D.C. When these politicians are willing to talk out of both sides of their mouths from conversation to conversation, leadership is irrelevant. These people have their agendas and careers to think about.

1608770028713.png

1608770558059.png

1608770710926.png

In fairness to the process of building appropriation bills (of which I have some experience), this looks like the Sudan pay-off for concluding a peace arrangement with Israel. I don't know but I suspect most of this will be in the form of military equipment, assistance, or training (all US - so it gets redistributed among our defense contractors.) The Egyptian payment in the same bill looks like the annual stipend we have provided since the Camp David Accords. I assume both were parked in this bill to get them done sooner rather than later.

DOD was always happy when payments for Israel, Egypt, whomever were not included in the Defense Approps Bill where they might be bartered against DOD needs.

I agree, that the level of Covid relief is ridiculous, and many of the items make good theater, but many others are there for very good reasons. It is why the President's call for a clean Covid relief bill was such a good idea to prevent that confusion.

Now, the Republicans will try and carve out a higher percentage of the current total for Covid relief and the Democrats will attempt a full add.

In fairness to the process of building appropriation bills (of which I have some experience), this looks like the Sudan pay-off for concluding a peace arrangement with Israel. I don't know but I suspect most of this will be in the form of military equipment, assistance, or training (all US - so it gets redistributed among our defense contractors.) The Egyptian payment in the same bill looks like the annual stipend we have provided since the Camp David Accords. I assume both were parked in this bill to get them done sooner rather than later.

DOD was always happy when payments for Israel, Egypt, whomever were not included in the Defense Approps Bill where they might be bartered against DOD needs.

I agree, that the level of Covid relief is ridiculous, and many of the items make good theater, but many others are there for very good reasons. It is why the President's call for a clean Covid relief bill was such a good idea to prevent that confusion.

Now, the Republicans will try and carve out a higher percentage of the current total for Covid relief and the Democrats will attempt a full add.

I understand and agree completely.

From my understanding we are dealing with a covid relief bill and an annual budget bill extension at the same time. Not everything is part of the relief package.

Sometimes meme's are just too good to pass up. :sneaky:

1608836587075.png

I understand and agree completely.

From my understanding we are dealing with a covid relief bill and an annual budget bill extension at the same time. Not everything is part of the relief package.

Sometimes meme's are just too good to pass up. :sneaky:

Exactly! I saw last night on the news that all these foreign aid funds that are being criticized are actually funds requested by the US State Dept (Trump's guys) in the normal, annual budget. It's $45 billion, which is relatively small when compared to other departments (Defense, Education, etc). Foreign aid spent by the State Dept is a lot cheaper than fighting wars or battles. It also offsets the China influence in a lot of poorer countires.

Also saw and heard some comments that Trump's 11th hour actions put the two GA Republican senators in a precarious situation on voting for the $2000 vs the $600 per person stimulus. I think they both voted against a $1200 amount and it will make it look like they are flip flopping if they are forced to vote for the higher amount.

I don't know how you can say that with a straight face. Maybe you aren't.

It's alot of things but it's not failed leadership. It's a lack of patriotism, common sense, morals and empathy throughout D.C. When these politicians are willing to talk out of both sides of their mouths from conversation to conversation, leadership is irrelevant. These people have their agendas and careers to think about.

I was very serious. Trump likes being a boss and is good at it..........see the TV show "The Apprentice." But he is not a leader. A good leader will enable a group to achieve what they wouldn't otherwise achieve, without the leader. The divergent groups all have their own priorities and agendas. The Dems are usually against anything and everything Trump wants and Trump hasn't figured out a good work around on this problem. He'll have the next 4 years to think about it.

I was very serious. Trump likes being a boss and is good at it..........see the TV show "The Apprentice." But he is not a leader. A good leader will enable a group to achieve what they wouldn't otherwise achieve, without the leader. The divergent groups all have their own priorities and agendas. The Dems are usually against anything and everything Trump wants and Trump hasn't figured out a good work around on this problem. He'll have the next 4 years to think about it.
Really? Kim not throwing nukes, Vlad not invading anyone, Isis gone, no new wars, Iran at heel, peace deals in the Middle East, Covid vaccine. Massive ashievements despite the dems and their perpetual undermining. Get your head out of the local bucket of pettiness and look at what this president means to the wider world - thats leadership!

I suspect we will be seeing a variation of the bumper stickers that showed in 2009 that said "Do you miss me yet?" These will say "I miss him already!" and they will show up in January.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlenaDorri

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,
I hunted elephant with Luke Samaris in 2005. It was my fourth safari and I tell you he is a fine gentleman the best. I got the opportunity to meet Patty Curtis, although never hunted with him but enjoyed our conversation around our tent in the Selous. Very sad for a tough guy to leave this world the way he did. Let’s pray the murderers are caught. I hope to see Luke in Nashville.