Politics

Sigh, It looks like Trump's unerring nose for supporting lousy candidates hasn't let him down again. This latest little tidbit of news about the Republican candidate for governor, Mark Robinson, who Trump has strongly supported against the wishes of much of the state's party leadership, could take a major bite out of his prospects in the Tarheel state. And yes, a disaster down ticket can affect the top of it.

It is pretty obvious Trump's pathway to the presidency is pretty difficult without North Carolina.

Mark Robinson was propelled to a political status he was never meant for. I lived outside Greensboro and remember when the famous meeting happened that thrust him into spotlight.
It was unfortunate that Dan Forest didn't beat Cooper in '20, but then again NC has only had 1 GOP governor in how many decades?

NC voting blue for Gov and red for president is the norm of late, hopefully the latter continues this year.

I think his sentiment was about like this:

America is a shithole in the same way that capitalism is shit....except for all the other options.

America is a hollow shell of its former self, but its the last, best hope we have on this planet.

I guess I'm a moderate extremist. When people muse over the end of the republic, they usually discuss the roving bands of zombies, cannibalism, and other post-apoloyptic scenarios. We're a resilient people, when the collapse comes, it will be a collapse of entitlements, largesse, and a runaway government. What will most likely happen? 6 weeks of utter living hell similar to early Covid. What would happen next? A net new government represented by the same constitutional rights, civil servants, military, etc. What will be gone? Most of the superfluous government agencies, entitlements, and of course a forfeit of our sovereign debt / currency.

That day will come, I pray that the good people of this nation can delay, delay, delay that inevitability. I'll vote for any politician that promises to do absolutely nothing, let our semi-functional system sustain with all its warts but no worse.

Unfortunately, the trajectory at present looks like we're accelerating to the abyss rather than coasting.
Some days I feel all black pill and stuff, but then I think about Screwtape and Wormwood.

Some days I feel all black pill and stuff, but then I think about Screwtape and Wormwood.

You chasing white rabbits ?

While I think it’s needed I don’t see too much good coming out of it.

WWII broke our nut. We have never fought a war since with the policy of nothing less than unconditional surrender. Since then the world has become more liberal as the good times flowed after the war.

War is good for the economy. Man needs war. Sadly we don’t have wars on the scale that we used to. This has allowed our psyche to become fettered with thoughts of liberalism, peace, and tranquility. All bovine fecal matter.

America is a shithole. The only reason I don’t leave is there is nowhere else to go. Get a good war going, let me die and be reincarnated in the future, and reset the world.
I find this outlook to be concerning. Maybe it would be best to take some time away from politics.

Ah, CS Lewis’ most hilarious work!

I find this outlook to be concerning. Maybe it would be best to take some time away from politics.

Agreed, the suggestion for some professional help is not out of line or mean spirited. Don’t let things out of your control affect your outlook on life. We live in the greatest country on earth. There is nothing but opportunity for a young man willing to apply himself.

Agreed, the suggestion for some professional help is not out of line or mean spirited. Don’t let things out of your control affect your outlook on life. We live in the greatest country on earth. There is nothing but opportunity for a young man willing to apply himself.
Your comment brings a laugh because I’m on the downhill slide to the grave and while I have things I would have done differently I don’t have any regrets.

Your comment brings a laugh because I’m on the downhill slide to the grave and while I have things I would have done differently I don’t have any regrets.

I’m sorry, I truly don’t mean to offend you.

Ah, CS Lewis’ most hilarious work!
Yep. One has to laugh at how absurd and silly the deceit is. I laugh at myself for entertaining any of it.

The CSA should have been allowed to remain it’s own country.

I personally think the end of this nation is coming and while I don’t welcome it, I will not fight to prevent it, I see it as inevitable.

Kinda picking up a negative vibe here.

I get what you're saying but have a little dose of optimism just to show em

Just to add to the negativity vibe :LOL: :cool:

Most likely, we are not going to have the November election results for days or longer because of all the court challenges. due to not meeting the deadline, bogus signatures, bogus addresses, etc.

So now, which side is going to act up the most during that period and when their candidate does not win.

If it takes a week or months due to court challenges, whoever loses is going to be suspicious. It’s going to tumultuous time.

The uncertainty will have the market slide

Not sure the veracity of this report or the translation. If true, there were a lot more than 3,000 pagers. This report seems deal only with the pagers. Not the radios.

Heck of an operation. I think that can be classified as wildly successful. Obviously did a lot of damage to them but I can’t help but wonder what the impact would’ve been if Israel would’ve been able to wait to detonate everything at a more opportune time like a full scale war/battle/engagement where a lot of these guys would have presumably been in close/closer proximity to one another.

Mark Robinson was propelled to a political status he was never meant for. I lived outside Greensboro and remember when the famous meeting happened that thrust him into spotlight.
It was unfortunate that Dan Forest didn't beat Cooper in '20, but then again NC has only had 1 GOP governor in how many decades?

NC voting blue for Gov and red for president is the norm of late, hopefully the latter continues this year.
Reminds of a conversation I had back in the 90s with a Democrat in western NC. She loved Bill Clinton and was proud to have voted for Sen. Jesse Helms. I don't think you could have found two more diametrically opposite politicians.

Even more unfortunate was that Roy Cooper found all those extra votes in Durham County in 2016 after being down by 50,000 votes in the 99 other NC counties.

I guess a groin infestation of explosive debris could be considered a genital infection. :E Angel:
Assuming this is remotely correct, this organization has been gutted (literally and figuratively) - at least for a while. I agree with @Wishfulthinker580 it is a shame it could not have been combined with a decisive ground engagement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CherieBatt

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia