Politics

Our (May Berry RFD) Kerr county is being taken over by an influx of communists from the left coast. Sad.

The sad reality is places like NJ, NY, CA, etc. have all these transplants coming with their liberal whacko ideals to your area...but we still have them here? You'd think if they left, we'd have less? Nope. Seems like it's a breeding ground for the mentally ill.

Gold closed at 2647.10 today. Rather nice thing to have a bit of.

And Silver over 31! Hecla Mining stock has been pretty good this year as well, but there's something about holding the metal in your hand that's just....different!

About damned time. I've been the fool with 25% of my portfolio in metals for the past ten years. I gave up a lot of DOW up 20% YoY investment money to metals all in the name of inflation protection. I guess we're now at par from a pure-play index fund portfolio?

About damned time. I've been the fool with 25% of my portfolio in metals for the past ten years. I gave up a lot of DOW up 20% YoY investment money to metals all in the name of inflation protection. I guess we're now at par from a pure-play index fund portfolio?
I never wish I had less metal!!
I admit I'm very biased on the subject, but I truly believe we'll see 5k gold and 100 dollar silver within the next decade

I think Gold will be at $3100 early next year. If Harris enacts her policies it could go to $5k
You will need $10,000 bills for folding money

You're probably right. And all the nice guns will go up. And houses. And cars. Especially metals. But not wages.

What will we call that? Inflation.

Its not what goes up and down, its what it can buy. Sometimes I'm so contrarian I'd just rather be wrong about everything.

You're probably right. And all the nice guns will go up. And houses. And cars. Especially metals. But not wages.

What will we call that? Inflation.

Its not what goes up and down, its what it can buy. Sometimes I'm so contrarian I'd just rather be wrong about everything.
The great masses do not seem to comprehend that it isn't about what you make, it's about what you can buy with what you make.

FFS, most of Harris' voters think corporate greed causes inflation. I don't know how you fix people who are so irrationally wedded to such profoundly idiotic ideas. Even Lenin understood this.

The Regime or Fed bragging that the inflation (rate) is coming down.

Is like a tsunami destroying a city then flowing back to sea. Hey the wave is gone. All good.
You need to give Trump that analogy;)

If costs go up by 10% but revenue goes up by 20% for example that means that entity/person is ahead. Now, I am not saying high inflation is good but there are many ways to mitigate it whether it is real estate, equities or even gold. You just don't want to leave liquid assets in the bank doing nothing.
100% correct. we should all instruct our butler to get our in-house handyman to rip out our solid gold toilets and sell it and invest the money in real estate, equities or even gold stocks and shares.

Oh wait! 90% of Americans can't afford a butler, in-house handyman and they certainly don't have a solid gold toilet. They struggle to keep the thatch from leaking above their hovel. They live on Costco pet food (not that luxury brand you like for your pets), they scrape by on the sniff of an oily rag. Their $100 now only buys them $85 dollars worth of groceries or 3 weeks supply of diabetes meds for the month.

You want them to choose to invest in their favourite Fortune 500 stocks etc? L O effing L!!!
Then again it's their fault for being peasants! Let them eat cake!

But hey, no worries, the stock market is booming!

100% correct. we should all instruct our butler to get our in-house handyman to rip out our solid gold toilets and sell it and invest the money in real estate, equities or even gold stocks and shares.

Oh wait! 90% of Americans can't afford a butler, in-house handyman and they certainly don't have a solid gold toilet. They struggle to keep the thatch from leaking above their hovel. They live on Costco pet food (not that luxury brand you like for your pets), they scrape by on the sniff of an oily rag. Their $100 now only buys them $85 dollars worth of groceries or 3 weeks supply of diabetes meds for the month.

You want them to choose to invest in their favourite Fortune 500 stocks etc? L O effing L!!!
Then again it's their fault for being peasants! Let them eat cake!

But hey, no worries, the stock market is booming!
Thank God you have an in-house handyman.... I think you need to be much better off than the top 90th percentile to be able to afford a plumber these days to tear out that toilet;) Much less a full time Butler.

Liberalism (and leftism to a greater extent) is a luxury of a decadent, affluent society. I naively believe we can pump the brakes and vote for the status quo to kick the can down the road another generation or two. That's my naive hope.

My pragmatic opinion is we need a catastrophe of seriously hard times. We need a 10x severity George Floyd / BLM debacle. We need a potential world war. We need rampant inflation. We need civil unrest. Only then, with a bankrupt economy and a bleak outlook will be be able to disrobe from the novelty of leftism that we can no longer afford and for which the voter will no longer tolerate. America 2.0 will rise from the ashes, but at a great cost to all citizens.
An emergency or catastrophe is is the tool that the left will use to drive the economy and society into the ground, then force a totalitarian system onto the country. Remember "Never let a good crisis go to waste".

IMG_2086.jpeg

Inflation is not really president dependent. Their policies influence it of course now more than ever but the big capability to control it rests with Congress. And they are mostly impotent whores just trying to keep their place in line on the grift train.

If you're insolvent in your budget (like we are) you take debt and then the fed sets the prime rate so banks can print money based on fractional lending to keep the market liquidity sufficient.
The debt is "ensured" by nothing real.
I'm pretty sure we don't conclusively know how many dollars really exist on the planet.

But the really dirty part is they know that if you can keep inflation at just under 3%, it's not enough of a problem to make people pay attention. It's a quiet, unnoticed, bleed of theft.

Net result - federal overspending is literally taking more than they're funded by means of a long chain of sufficiently separated mechanisms with fancy terms so they can slowly steal from your earned money's buying power.

Go suck it and get back to work tax slave!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoracioSpi

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?