Politics

Russia is being provocative again, and sending ships and submarines into the buffer zone off of Alaska's coast
They said it was to get around sea ice, I thought all of the sea ice had melted due to global warming?

They said it was to get around sea ice, I thought all of the sea ice had melted due to global warming?
They actually have been using an arctic coastal route from Murmansk to Kamchatka to move oil and LNG. Whatever the reason someone wishes to believe, that would have been impossible as recently as twenty years ago.

I actually have no issue with the notion that the earth is warming. The evidence seems at least compelling. My doubts are with regard to the extent to which mankind is a contributor.

They actually have been using an arctic coastal route from Murmansk to Kamchatka to move oil and LNG. Whatever the reason someone wishes to believe, that would have been impossible as recently as twenty years ago.

I actually have no issue with the notion that the earth is warming. The evidence seems at least compelling. My doubts are with regard to the extent to which mankind is a contributor.
Totally agree, the climate has been changing since there has been climate too change. My comment was more tongue in cheek than serious.

The first time in 75 year's that the Fed has lowered the interest rate 50-BPS right before an election .

Hmmm........
1726760869723.png

This is something we definitely agree on.

99% of humans on earth feel as though we've been the only thing that's ever existed here and since the dawn of recorded history, is all that ever "existed."

They fail to realize earth has gone through cooling and heating cycles for millions of years, very much on its own.

I still believe we should take care of the environment and our resources. However, the way it is politically weaponized and postured for profit, is despicable.

This is an interesting channel and one of their most popular videos. If I get 10-15 min to myself at lunch, I usually try and watch a video or two.

They talk about the mini ice age we went through, during times of civilization and recorded history.

On the climate change stuff, I can remember back in the 70’s the nightly news would talk about the air quality smog alerts and that sort of things. Many but not all of the people pushing the human cause of this weren’t even alive then so they have no idea how far we have come in cleaning up and protecting the environment.
Of course with the development of China, India and other countries having absolutely NO regard for the environment what ever the US does is largely just symbolic.

On the climate change stuff, I can remember back in the 70’s the nightly news would talk about the air quality smog alerts and that sort of things. Many but not all of the people pushing the human cause of this weren’t even alive then so they have no idea how far we have come in cleaning up and protecting the environment.
Of course with the development of China, India and other countries having absolutely NO regard for the environment what ever the US does is largely just symbolic.

Yup. We contribute a fair bit but other countries are much worse. So despite what we do, we have very little impact in the long run.

What I can't stand is the pushing political agenda for profit. We are dealing with a battle for the ages against them wanting to install wind turbines off NJ. They already killed more whales than have ever been killed since the whaling days with deep sea percussion testing for the surveying.

Then, the same organizations funding and researching the whale deaths are all government pawns pushing the same agenda for wind turbines in the first place.

Air Force is just one example. FAA is aggressively seeking applicants that have diagnosed mental illness, and all the gender, race, sexual orientations.
The chat rooms for controller applicants now suggest to claim as many made up specific protections you can on application. I just was forced out after being a contract instructor for 16 years at the Academy after a false accusation from a snowflake “protected” student.
Being government all accusations must be investigated but was suspended with no pay for 3 weeks with no end in sight. No one believed the charge but no one would risk career to stop. The inmates run the asylum.

Air Force is just one example. FAA is aggressively seeking applicants that have diagnosed mental illness, and all the gender, race, sexual orientations.
The chat rooms for controller applicants now suggest to claim as many made up specific protections you can on application. I just was forced out after being a contract instructor for 16 years at the Academy after a false accusation from a snowflake “protected” student.
Being government all accusations must be investigated but was suspended with no pay for 3 weeks with no end in sight. No one believed the charge but no one would risk career to stop. The inmates run the asylum.
Which academy? If it was USNA, good chance you taught both my sons; if USAFA, prolly taught one of my Ds-i-L

They fail to realize earth has gone through cooling and heating cycles for millions of years, very much on its own.

I still believe we should take care of the environment and our resources. However, the way it is politically weaponized and postured for profit, is despicable.
Michael Crighton wrote a book: " state of fear"

about 20+ years ago, an interesting read, about "global warming" and evidence against it. worth the read and shows the farce that global warming is.

supposedly, by now the world would be ending, islands covered in sea water, blah, blah, blah.

i also agree that there could be some warming, but also agree that the reason for that warming is still largely overstated with humans as the probable cause.

for example, there are 40-50 active volcanoes worldwide spewing "global warming emissions" all the time. does that have an effect? when mount saint helens went off, i read an article that stated that that one event put out more"greenhouse gasses" than all of mankind had delivered in the previous 100 years.

the ammo dumps in Russia burning up are producing bad stuff, forest fires all over the globe, etc. etc...

so, do humans have an effect, likely. is it the crisis that it is made up to be....i doubt it.

Which academy? If it was USNA, good chance you taught both my sons; if USAFA, prolly taught one of my Ds-i-L
FAA Academy, OKC initially all controllers must pass here before going final destination for site specific OJT. Typical desired timeline 3-5 years for center controllers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alejandra6

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia