Politics

We are at a crossroad regarding Ukraine.. If the western help slowly grind to a halt the country will loose this war..the momentum in their defence/offensive is halting already due to lack of artillery ammunition..

Now, we should ask ourselves what the outcome of Ukraine being occupied/neutralized will have in Europe...a new iron curtain for sure.. We do not know how Russia will capitalize on such an outcome..

Russia is running arms & ammo production 24/7...the west does not..

it’s all TAXPAYER funded.
Not exactly- It's advertised as free money since there are insufficient taxes to cover it. It's all borrow funded- to be paid by some future taxpayer- but at the numbers involved, it will never be paid by tax dollars.

Smith's request is not on the SCOTUS docket.

Techno Fog

@Techno_Fog

The Supreme Court has denied Special Counsel Smith's request for an expedited review of the case against Trump.There won't be a trial in DC before the 2024 election. No mistake - this is a big loss for the Special Counsel.

1:40 PM · Dec 22, 2023
·

FB_IMG_1703282028662.jpg

The Ukrainians have shown amazing adaptability with respect to weaponry. For instance, they have advanced drone warfare a generation. About six months ago, the UA successfully established a couple of bridgeheads across the Dnieper River in the Kherson province of Southern Ukraine. The Russians have been trying to destroy them ever since. Because of the relatively isolated location, it is one of the few places they have been able to employ their modern SU 34 strike aircraft.

A Patriot firing battery is a large and complex thing. Apparently, Ukraine has developed a TTP where they take a an acquisition and fire control radar and launcher and displace it to a critical point as an air defense ambush. They did this about six months ago and took down three Russian helicopters and a SU 24 in a matter of minutes in Eastern Ukraine. This time it was three of probably four SU 24's carrying out a long range glide bomb attack on Kherson from within "safe" air space. Oops.

Necessity is the mother of invention, or so it is said.

Smith's request is not on the SCOTUS docket.

Techno Fog
@Techno_Fog

The Supreme Court has denied Special Counsel Smith's request for an expedited review of the case against Trump.There won't be a trial in DC before the 2024 election. No mistake - this is a big loss for the Special Counsel.

1:40 PM · Dec 22, 2023
·
Correctly I think, the court is not going to do anything out of normal order that gives the appearance of a political rather than judicial decision. I think the whole Bush Gore history weighs heavily on Roberts. Moreover, the immunity issue is probably the one that will be most divisive for the court.

Colorado, to my mind, is potentially the most injurious to the country. I suspect he is working very hard to find some path that would get more than just the conservative wing supporting an unconstitutionality determination when that one has to be decided.

That brought back some memories. My 2 brothers and I each got one of the Johnny Eagle sets for Christmas sometime in the 60s. Loads of fun until we lost all the plastic bullets they shot, lol.
Y’all had plastic bullets? We used our pump up BB guns. Those damn things hurt!

The second part of the ISW assessment of what Trump and his loyal if ignorant supporters are accomplishing by allying themselves with Putin and Russia in their attempted the conquest of Ukraine. Must be a proud moment.

Last edited:
Correctly I think, the court is not going to do anything out of normal order that gives the appearance of a political rather than judicial decision. I think the whole Bush Gore history weighs heavily on Roberts. Moreover, the immunity issue is probably the one that will be most divisive for the court.

Colorado, to my mind, is potentially the most injurious to the country. I suspect he is working very hard to find some path that would get more than just the conservative wing supporting an unconstitutionality determination when that one has to be decided.

Agree with what you say. Roberts and probably the entire SCOTUS want as little to do with this election as possible.

If Shipley is correct below, Trump will request the DC Circuit to go En Banc which will take more time. Presuming the Circuit rules against Trump, he will request SCOTUS to get involved. There is virtually no way the DC District will have a trail before the election.

SCOTUS would rather rule that Smith was an inappropriate appointee by Garland than deal with the politics surrounding Trump directly.

Shipwreckedcrew

@shipwreckedcrew
Subscribe

Mark this one down.The DC Panel decision will be either 3-0 or 2-1 against Trump.But in either case, Judge Henderson will write an opinion -- either a concurrence explaining that her reasoning is different than the two Biden appointees, or a dissent.That will take time. No matter how fast the two Biden appointees try to crank out their majority opinion to help SC Smith, they cannot make Henderson's opinion come out any faster.She already objected to setting the oral argument in the manner it was set. She's not going to go out of her way to speed up the decision of the panel -- even if she's in the majority. You read it here first.

4:45 PM · Dec 22, 2023
·
Views

That brought back some memories. My 2 brothers and I each got one of the Johnny Eagle sets for Christmas sometime in the 60s. Loads of fun until we lost all the plastic bullets they shot, lol.

Who remembers the Johnny Seven?

I has one in Toefield, Alberta when my dad took a 1 year locum at their hospital

Alberta winter was a ‘surprise’ for a lad from Rhodesia

This is about Canada, but can easily apply to several other countries. Very interesting. Pretty sharp presentation, based on a lot of facts.

For EV fans everywhere!

PLEASE DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER!

Biden is going to get some help in his re-election campaign in 2024. The improving economy as interest rates come down. For all the rhetoric about Biden killing US oil production, not true. Don't get me wrong, I do not want Biden re-elected. Strange things happen in election years. George HW Bush had a 90% approval rating after 9/11 and then proceeded to not get re-elected. The Republicans better have their A game ready in 2024.

Sure but the production being done now was approved by previous administrations. It takes years, sometimes decades for permits to come all the way to production. Biden’s cuts will be felt in the future as production slows. The production from a well slows - called depletion as time goes on. If new wells are not drilled at the same time as older wells deplete, less oil is obviously produced.

Check it out^^. BLM destroyed!

Sure but the production being done now was approved by previous administrations. It takes years, sometimes decades for permits to come all the way to production. Biden’s cuts will be felt in the future as production slows. The production from a well slows - called depletion as time goes on. If new wells are not drilled at the same time as older wells deplete, less oil is obviously produced.
You are preaching to the choir, or in this case a degreed petroleum engineer with about 40 years experience. The POTUS and the administration set the tone for the economy and does have some control (rules, regulations, red tape, etc), but I think they get too much credit and/or blame for a lot of things. The market driven price is what drives the market.

You are preaching to the choir, or in this case a degreed petroleum engineer with about 40 years experience. The POTUS and the administration set the tone for the economy and does have some control (rules, regulations, red tape, etc), but I think they get too much credit and/or blame for a lot of things. The market driven price is what drives the market.
Agreed. My son is a PE for Exxon Mobil. Biden ended permits on federal land in some areas. Those effects haven’t been felt yet but will.

So that explains an inflation rate of 20% and gasoline/diesel doubling? Inflation is cumulative as is any price increase. A concept that the weak minded can't, choose not to or are incapable of comprehending. All the high prices everyone has paid the last 2 1/2 years is spent money- it is gone! Even if annual inflation dropped back to the Trump, the pre-Biden rate of around 2-3%, the money lost and lost by everyone under Biden is gone!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HuldaCash

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg