Politics

Evidently the USA is now giving out initial hearing dates to illegal aliens in 2031.

1703360785534.png

I heard about that on Fox yesterday. That bit of info is good for another 20% surge in illegal immigration! No one is this incompetent. The disaster at our southern border is deliberate.

So that explains an inflation rate of 20% and gasoline/diesel doubling? Inflation is cumulative as is any price increase. A concept that the weak minded can't, choose not to or are incapable of comprehending. All the high prices everyone has paid the last 2 1/2 years is spent money- it is gone! Even if annual inflation dropped back to the Trump, the pre-Biden rate of around 2-3%, the money lost and lost by everyone under Biden is gone!
@fourfive8 you read a lot more into my post than I actually wrote or inferred.

Inflation rate of 20%???????? Overall inflation/yr, I am not aware that it was this high. On certain items, yes. Primers, a couple hundred per cent inflation.

All the money spent is gone? This is Biden's fault? (Remember, I am NOT a Biden fan) Did you not spend money during Trump, Obama or Bush's tenure? The money spent then is gone too, if I follow your logic. Maybe your money went further under previous administrations, but it's not clear to me what your point is.

Inflation is cumulative? To some degree yes, especially overall inflation. But prices can and do go up and down.

Source: https://tradingeconomics.com/commodity/gasoline

Gasoline decreased 0.36 USD/GAL or 14.35% since the beginning of 2023, according to trading on a contract for difference (CFD) that tracks the benchmark market for this commodity. Gasoline is expected to trade at 2.15 USD/GAL by the end of this quarter, according to Trading Economics global macro models and analysts expectations. Looking forward, we estimate it to trade at 2.18 in 12 months time.​

US gasoline futures hovered below $2.2 per gallon, putting a stop to the sharp rebound since hitting the two-year low of just under $2 on December 12th, amid new evidence of increasing inventories. The latest data from the EIA showed that US gasoline stocks rose by 2.7 million barrels on the week ending December 15th, more than twice of market expectations of a 1.2 million barrel build, to mark the fifth consecutive week of higher gasoline inventories in the country. The data aligned with a 106 thousand barrel decline in product supplied, commonly seen as a key demand gauge for the US market. Still, oil-derived commodities remained supported by uncertain supply due to higher shipping costs for seaborne exports, due to ongoing attacks at ships crossing the Black Sea.​

1703379436365.png

Inflation rate of 20%???????? Overall inflation/yr, I am not aware that it was this high. On certain items, yes. Primers, a couple hundred per cent inflation.

All the money spent is gone? This is Biden's fault? (Remember, I am NOT a Biden fan) Did you not spend money during Trump, Obama or Bush's tenure? The money spent then is gone too, if I follow your logic. Maybe your money went further under previous administrations, but it's not clear to me what your point is.

Inflation is cumulative? To some degree yes, especially overall inflation. But prices can and do go up and down.

Gasoline decreased 0.36 USD/GAL or 14.35% since the beginning of 2023, according to trading on a contract for difference (CFD) that tracks the benchmark market for this commodity. Gasoline is expected to trade at 2.15 USD/GAL by the end of this quarter, according to Trading Economics global macro models and analysts expectations. Looking forward, we estimate it to trade at 2.18 in 12 months time.​

US gasoline futures hovered below $2.2 per gallon, putting a stop to the sharp rebound since hitting the two-year low of just under $2 on December 12th, amid new evidence of increasing inventories. The latest data from the EIA showed that US gasoline stocks rose by 2.7 million barrels on the week ending December 15th, more than twice of market expectations of a 1.2 million barrel build, to mark the fifth consecutive week of higher gasoline inventories in the country. The data aligned with a 106 thousand barrel decline in product supplied, commonly seen as a key demand gauge for the US market. Still, oil-derived commodities remained supported by uncertain supply due to higher shipping costs for seaborne exports, due to ongoing attacks at ships crossing the Black Sea.​

View attachment 576267
Really good facts. The election is NINE months away. Not sure I would hang the fate of the Republic on "the economy sucks under Biden" argument.

The key is, surprise surprise, the most electable candidate. According to the WSJ Trump currently leads Biden by 4 pts - 47%-43%. In the same poll, Nikki Haley leads Biden by 17%!!! Plus, she also actually knows something about foreign policy. Of course that makes her suspect to most Trump supporters. Because Republicans aren't particularly smart, we will rush over the cliff with Trump.

Last edited:
Really good facts. The election is NINE months away. Not sure I would hang the fate of the Republic on "the economy sucks under Biden" argument.

The key is, surprise surprise, the most electable candidate. According to the WSJ Trump currently leads Biden by 4 pts - 47%-43%. In the same poll, Nikki Haley leads Biden by 17%!!! Plus, she also actually knows something about foreign policy. Of course that makes her suspect to most Trump supporters. Because Republicans aren't particularly smart, we will rush over the cliff with Trump.

I am appalled that the Republican primary is not a Haley/Desantis contest with Trump a distant third. Our party is in serious trouble if the majority feel that Trump is the best candidate.

I am appalled that the Republican primary is not a Haley/Desantis contest with Trump a distant third. Our party is in serious trouble if the majority feel that Trump is the best candidate.
What worries me more than anything is that I think Trump will pull down other candidates even if he does eventually win. I look at most of the candidates he has backed and say WTF. Dr Oz? Herschal Walker? Ronna McDaniel who had drug the RNC down?

I don't believe President Trump is the best candidate. But I believe he was treated unfairly, and that interference by the FBI and DOJ cost him the last election. I believe such interference continues and will continue until he is jailed or dead. And I believe he, like all Natural Born Americans deserves the opportunity to run for office. And FWIW, I believe he deserved the Nobel Peace Prize for The Abraham Accords. But the Media is successful in controlling what the average American thinks. Most get their info from the nightly news. And they have been told who to hate, what war to fund, and how evil hunters are. ..................JMO...............FWB

The situation is not looking good for shipping and the west...last thing needed is prices going up more due to these religious fanatics.....nothing but the destruction of the west, and taking over the world is good enough for them....

Share Message - Tanker hit off India coast by drone from Iran, says US

View attachment 576267
If I was paying 2 a gallon for gasoline when Brandon took office and had been paying 2 a gallon for 2 1/2 years prior then have had to pay 4 a gallon for 2 1/2 years, please explain the positive economic outcome for my savings? I have spent that money and it is gone. For the country and during that process the high cost of fuel has clearly depressed economic growth. If taken out of time-line and long-term context, that reduction in growth (demand) will of course drive costs down, yielding an illusion of good economic news. Yippee! if that's a valid or positive economic methodology, let's have an economic depression. That would certainly drive all costs way way down! We've been in a recession for a while according to most older definitions. But those definitions were conveniently revised during the process to avoid the label. The politicians with help of their lackies in the MSM were successful in dodging that news cycle bullet I guess. Great! :)

And, the jobless/job creation numbers are continually "cooked" for effect and touted (parroted) by a willing, dumber than dirt MSM then apparently consumed by an ever-increasingly dumbed down public. How about some real journalism that actually explains the false surge pimple of an economic rebound following a politically motivated, over-extended covid "state of emergency". I never saw a bureaucrat or politician who didn't like control. How about explaining the real jobs picture reflected in the labor participation rate! All that economic loss, including the loss to everyone's savings, especially those on fixed incomes, has been on Brandon's watch. You can blame Putin, or Trump as many love to, all you want but those are the facts. Additionally, please explain why, if the brandoneconomy is so good, the national credit card debt has for the first time in history topped 1 trillion?? Talk about an economic drain (or time bomb) for a large segment of the population! Wait till that takes hold! In addition, Brandon attempted (and apparently may have succeeded to some degree) to buy Dem and RINO votes leading up to '20 by draining the strategic oil reserve to minimize those surges in cost at the pump. Lovely, drain the strategic reserve to buy votes! Also, please explain a major plank in the brandoneconomics platform that was proudly labeled the "Inflation Reduction Act"?? please explain how printing (borrowing) money in deficit spending can possibly lead to a reduction in inflation? Of course if any individual is insulated from these economic realities, either by having enough money and guaranteed security to begin with or by being in an industry that actually benefits from such fascistic situations, then the smug, "let the deplorables eat cake", attitude is understandable. Sadly, that dumbing down of a population continues.

The second part of the ISW assessment of what Trump and his loyal if ignorant supporters are accomplishing by allying themselves with Putin and Russia in their attempted the conquest of Ukraine. Must be a proud moment.

Now there's an attitude expressed that would make the 1st Trump impeachment players happy. And all tidy and somehow validated by adding a ref: to the rare-air, think tank group ISW :) Good company all I guess- the far left, Russia collusion hoax politicians (conspiracy theorists) like Adam Schiff, Hillary Clinton, Nancy Pelosi to name a few of the luminaries along with a whole fleet of TDS infected RINO never-Trumpers.

I always love to discuss a subject with someone when they use reasoning, logic, and facts. That is rare with many Trump supporters. If an alleged flaw is pointed out with regard to him or his policies, rather than logically addressing the issue, the usual rejoinder amounts to name-calling. You rarely disappoint.

I will concede that the researchers and writers at ISW are indeed educated and experienced in the subjects about which they offer informed analysis. I assume it must be troubling to some that they are so thorough. They also use three and sometimes four syllable words. I suppose that is what you mean by rare-air?

I find it useful to inform myself on all sides of issues - particularly something so important as the Putin's efforts to resurrect Russia as the dominate military power in Eurasia. Allied with China, that is an existential threat to this country. For every article I read in ISW, I also review sites like Revolver (of which Carlson is a fan), Gateway Pundit, WSJ, Washington Post, Citizen Free Press, and even the New York Times. Actually broadening one's understanding of a subject is the best way I know to counter confirmation bias. Regrettably, that is a goal thoroughly rejected by true believers both left and right.

In this case, I suggest you actually read the article - also part 1 that I posted a few pages back. Both will offer reasoning counter to what seems to be the prevailing wisdom of Trump and supporters. You don't have to agree with it. But should that conflicting reasoning offer you the incentive to reinforce your beliefs with facts that supporting Putin's Russia in achieving its strategic goals is somehow in the interests of this country, then you have achieved something.

That reasoning is something I would find interesting to try and understand.

Last edited:
The situation is not looking good for shipping and the west...last thing needed is prices going up more due to these religious fanatics.....nothing but the destruction of the west, and taking over the world is good enough for them....

Share Message - Tanker hit off India coast by drone from Iran, says US

How is it that the Iranian ship providing targeting is still afloat?

There is more and more of this sort of thing starting to appear on the Russian Telegram channels (The Twitter equivalent most used by Russian bloggers).

And more of these incidents showing up on Ukrainian channels.

Both the WSJ and New York Times have noted Russia is signaling it wants a ceasefire and talks because of the Kremlin's growing "strength" and "confidence" in the progress of the war. If the signals are true, I suspect it is actually a fear of 1917. This is not an Army that acts like it is winning.

There is more and more of this sort of thing starting to appear on the Russian Telegram channels (The Twitter equivalent most used by Russian bloggers).

And more of these incidents showing up on Ukrainian channels.

Both the WSJ and New York Times have noted Russia is signaling it wants a ceasefire and talks because of the Kremlin's growing "strength" and "confidence" in the progress of the war. If the signals are true, I suspect it is actually a fear of 1917. This is not an Army that acts like it is winning.

Everything I read leads me to believe that we are approaching a tipping point. If we can just hold tough and continue support for Ukraine, I believe that Russia will be beaten and forced to sue for peace.

I should add that I believe that peace should include the return of all Ukrainian territory, inclusive of Crimea, and Ukrainian membership in NATO.

For those against support for Ukraine, please don’t forget that all of this began with Obama when we failed to honor our obligations to Ukraine in 2014. Obama set the table and Biden served the meal. We are culpable in this fiasco.

Russia will not be able to take any more territory in Ukraine, let alone Ukraine itself. And it will certainly not be able to take any othetr of the NATO countries. So really, apart from some minor shuffles it is over from Russia’s point of view I should think. It is time for an end. The trick now is an end that is acceptable to all.

Wonder if Ukraine will launch a winter offensive and then dictate more favorable terms to a cease fire.

Wonder if Ukraine will launch a winter offensive and then dictate more favorable terms to a cease fire.
Probably not. I suspect they will be forced to husband their resources pending collapsing support from the US.

After a series of strategic blunders, catastrophic losses, and long term dislocation of his economy Putin must be incredulous over his improbable good fortune that the party of Ronald Reagan will help salvage his special military operation, his nation's strategic goals, and likely his regime.

Interesting list

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blaubeerchen44

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg