Politics

Isn't that the same goal of Christianity. Seem the Jewish faith didn't seek many converts.
Correct. None of them is holier than thou.

It’s an issue of availability for Europe. They are literally the only viable workforce to meet Europe’s needs.

I have to disagree, the muslim illegal immigrants are not really interested in working, they are coming to enjoy our extremely generous welfare state. They don´t speak the language and are barely educated.

On the other hand we do have an influx of migrants from Central and South America which want to work, and integrate in our society. Even enlisting in the military.

If you allow me a personal anecdote, the son of one of my cousins in Honduras emigrated, enlisted in our Air Force and is now an E-8.

We also have immigrants from eastern Europe who are hard workers and adapt perfectly.

I hope the new speaker does well but anyone who thinks he's in a position to "drain the swamp", whatever that means, is going to be disappointed. The Republicans have a majority in the house but it's thin and anything they pass has to go to a Senate controlled by the Democrats. At that any sweeping changes are DOA.

Additionally, if things continue to fall apart within the Republican party it's entirely possible that we'll lose control of the House in 24. Maybe we'll find a nominee for President who is able to unite the party, but that seems like a long shot at best given the current situation.

I hope the new speaker does well but anyone who thinks he's in a position to "drain the swamp", whatever that means, is going to be disappointed. The Republicans have a majority in the house but it's thin and anything they pass has to go to a Senate controlled by the Democrats. At that any sweeping changes are DOA.
That is what Gaetz and his cohorts fail to understand.

That is what Gaetz and his cohorts fail to understand.
They have burn everything to the ground mentality and I'm afraid it'll cost GOP big time.

Virtually all of the problems generated by BIG government could be solved with a few changes:
1. Reps limited to total of 4 years
2. Senators limited to 6 years
3. The amount of money spent by the federal government cannot exceed its annual income
and a really big one:
4. Replacement of all entitlement programs/subsidies/housing assistance by a monthly payment to every US citizen over 18 years of age, what was previously known as a Negative Income tax.
5. Flat rate income tax for individuals and corporations with no deductions.

Last edited:
Isn't that the same goal of Christianity. Seem the Jewish faith didn't seek many converts.
What a ridiculous post. I kinda expected more. Tell me when Christians beheaded people, kidnapped women and children, flew planes into skyscrapers. drove cars into crowded pedestrian precincts over the Christmas period.

The Christian expansion of the gospel is largely to preach the word and move on. It is the holy spirit that "converts"... Christian's don't do it by force or the sword. They don't want to destroy countries and enslave the citizens.

As to your second sentence, you can't be "converted" to being a Jew unless you are a Jew by ancestry or actively take on the Jewish faith, which they gladly welcome (for true converts)... so your post falls flat on both accounts.

It’s an issue of availability for Europe. They are literally the only viable workforce to meet Europe’s needs.
Not so. First hand seen it.
My government issues about 50.000 working permits and visas, for legal immigration yearly.
Working men come from India, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Filipines, and few from China and get jobs legally.

There are sources for viable legal work force.

After joining EU, from Croatia our working force moved to western European countries, which made vacuum in job demand. So, each year new work permits are issued, for legal work force which comes from other far eastern countries.

With illegal immigration from Afghanistan, middle east and north Africa I have no idea what happens. But I havent seen them work.

In recent times I remember at least two daily news articles reporting they opened fire at police units. (One shooting incident in Serbia, one in Croatia) And there were several violent incidents between themselves, stabbing and similar.

Oposition leaders, and county governors call for arms more and more frequently due to prceived risks. I think, they are just making political points.

Last edited:
What a ridiculous post. I kinda expected more. Tell me when Christians beheaded people, kidnapped women and children, flew planes into skyscrapers. drove cars into crowded pedestrian precincts over the Christmas period.

The Christian expansion of the gospel is largely to preach the word and move on. It is the holy spirit that "converts"... Christian's don't do it by force or the sword. They don't want to destroy countries and enslave the citizens.

As to your second sentence, you can't be "converted" to being a Jew unless you are a Jew by ancestry or actively take on the Jewish faith, which they gladly welcome (for true converts)... so your post falls flat on both accounts.
What did the church do during the middle ages? Burned people at the stack. Spain in the name of Christianity murders millions of people in the western hemisphere. Actually St. Peter had a disagreement with Paul over converting any gentiles to Christianity. I bet it is in recent times that the Jewish faith started accepting converts. I'll admit that the Muslims extremists are murdering people. They are a perfect example of why there should be separation of church and state. But when you get all these religious extremists controlling the armies of the world they feel their messiah will come and save them it can become a self fulfilling prophecy as they will all welcome the final battle.

Interesting bedfellows. The only people more thrilled with Mike Johnson's new role than the Trump wing of the Republican party are apparently the Russians. Rather like Matt Gaetz winning over 100% of the Democratic caucus? This is one of the three state sponsored Russian networks. They do an evening talk and news analysis program. Every word is approved by the Kremlin.

As a Reagan conservative, I find it difficult to reconcile myself with a party that supports Russian strategic goals of military conquest in Central Europe.

...They are a perfect example of why there should be separation of church and state. ...
Our problems in the government would be a lot less if there was a true separation of Church and State. I am already getting donation request emails titled "Our new speaker is a man of God". Who cares? Also, if being a man of God is a requirement why are they all fawning at Trump?

I want the government to provide basic services, defense etc. without imposing their version of religion on the rest of the country. GOP allegedly calls for limited government while still being concerned with who adults are sleeping with and peoples' medical decisions.

GOP allegedly calls for limited government while still being concerned with who adults are sleeping with and peoples' medical decisions.

Teh GOP could care less about who is having sexual relations with whom, but they do object to a third party being forced to endorse two perverts activities; The GOP also gets involved when adults are making permanent life changing medication & surgeries for 10 year old kids.

Summarizing the recent attacks in Israel in a cartoon.

1698372069157.png

Correct, and the system has never worked either.
Yea there is not much worse than the US Congress..... Except for the thought of not having it.....

I do think it is way past time for Congress to real in the extreme powers it has granted the Administration over time... Especially since 9-11.

And although I could not stand Trump as an individual, I certainly loved a lot of his policies. Such as no new regulation without taking two off the books.... And of course his tax plan;)

He was the brightest hope we had seen since Reagan in reeling in a bureaucracy run amuck.

And the States need to dial it back as well. Even Texas... it took @Just Gina and I two days and a lot of miles to get Texas Drivers Licenses... That agency doesn't even have a workable phone system! On purpose, I believe.

The bureaucracies in the USA have completely forgotten who they work for and who their customer is.

What did the church do during the middle ages? Burned people at the stack. Spain in the name of Christianity murders millions of people in the western hemisphere. Actually St. Peter had a disagreement with Paul over converting any gentiles to Christianity. I bet it is in recent times that the Jewish faith started accepting converts. I'll admit that the Muslims extremists are murdering people. They are a perfect example of why there should be separation of church and state. But when you get all these religious extremists controlling the armies of the world they feel their messiah will come and save them it can become a self fulfilling prophecy as they will all welcome the final battle.
And the usual inane arguments come out of the bag. Those were things done 100s of years ago. I'm glad you didn't bring up the crusades as that would have shown a serious lack of historical knowledge. We admonish the Muslim countries for living in an archaic mindset. Something they refuse to change. Christianity / the West has been through the reformation, the enlightenment... they refuse to do so...using centuries old examples is disingenuous at best.

As for the separation of church and state, it never happens. We are either guided by our Judeo/Christian principals or by whatever deity is the prevailing one where you live. The Judeo/Christian principals brought about the western culture. If you REALLY want a separation of church and state then communism is your choice of government. Like it or not every single member of congress/senate is a product of their religious bent. Big generalisation here, Republicans (whether they admit it or not) generally have a Christian mindset, Democrats largely have a communist outlook where Judeo/Christian principals are rejected or skewed to suit their own agenda, or they are openly pro-Muslim (i.e. the Squad)

So you're either guided by your beliefs and employ those ideals or you wilfully reject them. I know which beliefs I'd rather have at the heart of my government.

Lastly any country where the religious extremists are in control of an army is a danger to themselves and others. Please tell me which countries have them in control and wield that power. Muslim and communist countries I hear you whisper.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobVil

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?