Politics

I agree that chuch and state should be separated, personally I don´t belong to any church, although my moral principles are christian.

Now, when you state that Spain murdered millions of people, that is a pretty strong statement, would you care to elaborate ?

When, where, how many ?

He may be referring to when the Spanish went to Argentina and the Portuguese, went to Brazil and wiped out most of the indigenous population. The Spanish were more thorough in wiping out the population in Argentina, than the Portuguese in Brazil.

Iranian minister was in Moscow talking with the Russkies.
All this started after Biden's weak withdrawal from Afghanistan.

Let's just keep throwing money at it, and maybe it will all go away.

Nothing bad to see here folks.

None of this would have happened under the flim-flam orange bad man.

He may be referring to when the Spanish went to Argentina and the Portuguese, went to Brazil and wiped out most of the indigenous population. The Spanish were more thorough in wiping out the population in Argentina, than the Portuguese in Brazil.

Or when the Spanish battled the Incas in present day Peru or the Mayans in Mexico.

It is part of the American understanding of history that the Spanish were supposedly more brutal with the natives than the Anglo-Americans. It makes you feel better.
I know this well as a German, such comparisons, as our yesterday always say it was not 6 million Jews that we killed, but at best three.
Then it wasn't all that bad!!!!
Oh my god.
I find such comparisons terrible in order to relativise murder and genocide.
At the end of the day, every cultural nation is historically also dirty.

I believe there was some funding for boarder security. I don’t know if that makes up the difference.

I figured as much, but the way the article was written didn't even hint at that possibility. But then again, I think writing is an eroding skill, even for professional sorts who collect their paycheck for that very thing.

And happy Friday to a fellow Alaskan... and all others too.

It is part of the American understanding of history that the Spanish were supposedly more brutal with the natives than the Anglo-Americans. It makes you feel better.
I know this well as a German, such comparisons, as our yesterday always say it was not 6 million Jews that we killed, but at best three.
Then it wasn't all that bad!!!!
Oh my god.
I find such comparisons terrible in order to relativise murder and genocide.
At the end of the day, every cultural nation is historically also dirty.
A few years ago, I read something about Hitler. Supposedly he had stated that his plan for the Jews was inspired by how the US handled the Indians in the 1800s. History from a different perspective is not always easy.

The REASON people kill each other whether individually, as a group or a country will be one or more of these: FEAR, IGNORANCE, or GREED.

Religion has little direct relation.
Which one did the 9/11 terrorist use? Or hamas against Israel for that matter.

What is happening in southern Ukraine? It looked like a breakthrough a while back, but it seems to have stalled.

I think it was for the border but not security, I think it was more along the lines of humanitarian stuff, baby formula food stuffs not for enforcement. Many a little thrown in for Taiwan as well.

Yes, I think you are correct! I guess the notion of “security “ was wishful thinking on my part.

I figured as much, but the way the article was written didn't even hint at that possibility. But then again, I think writing is an eroding skill, even for professional sorts who collect their paycheck for that very thing.

And happy Friday to a fellow Alaskan... and all others too.

Thanks. I am heading to North Dakota tonight to go waterfowl hunting for a few days.

Which one did the 9/11 terrorist use? Or hamas against Israel for that matter.
For both it was the combination of FEAR and IGNORANCE which results in Hate of Others, combined with Greed showing itself as envy of American standard of living.

It's my interpretation.
I'll live it to the scholars to argue the intent.
Even the supreme court interpreted it differently at different times throughout our history.

I apologize if this sounds pissy, I don’t mean it to, but it sounds like that is what you want it to mean, not what you interpret it to mean.

It is very important to understand context when interpreting documents. There are so many misinterpretations of key documents/concepts in the USA. You hear things like; we live in a democracy, gun ownership is a privilege, and on and on. To protect our country and system of government, we have to understand it at a granular level. Otherwise sound bites sound like they make sense, and we don’t recognize the wolf at the door until it’s too late.

Yes, I think you are correct! I guess the notion of “security “ was wishful thinking on my part.
I heard it reported on Fox as extra money to help feed, house,, and relocate the masses of people flooding over the Southern Border.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MillieWorr

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?