Politics

And meanwhile back to whats wrong with the current administration and not the last one!!!

Coincides with the end of the military draft in the US, which ended 50+ years ago in 1973. The military has benefitted from an all volunteer service, but there are a lot of lost civilians that would have greatly benefitted from 4 years of service. Aimless boys turned into more productive men and learning what it means to "serve."
That time period also coincides with no fault divorce/loss of fathers, and maybe even birth control?

My son, 26 looks at me sometimes, me being 70 on Sunday, and says "dad, you're so Boomer it hurts!"
Cracks me up!
For a self proclaimed liberal, Alan Dershowitz seems to be a very fair and unbiased man when it comes to the law.
If you look at the list of legal scholars who say the Wolfmans case is nuts, its surprising, Liberals, that dont like Trump!

Millennials started being born in 1981. Gen Z started being born in 1997.

Some of us millennials are now into our early 40s. I am 35. I think a lot of people confuse who is who when talking about millennials and generation z.

Personally, I have noticed a lot of millennials are not very helpful to society. As I have noticed the same with generation x and baby boomers.

I also work with some young men who are Gen Z. One works full time with me. We do swing shifts and he spends everyday off from his full time job running equipment, driving a dump truck etc for his uncles grading business. He bought his own house and is 23 years old. I hear Gen Z constantly getting a bad reputation from everyone, including my own generation. I have noticed around my home area most are hard workers, and most work more than one job. Same as most of my generation around here had to do when we were young and starting out. And I am sure the generations before me had to do the same.

Veterans from WW1 also said that there was no way the boys who had to fight in WWII would be able to pull it off. They claimed they had been babied and were to soft for war.

I am sure that future generations will continue to say the same thing baby boomers say about millennials and millennials say about Gen Z. We have been saying that for all of recorded history.
Bottom line, All generations have individuals in them. Some are good and some are bad.

Millennials started being born in 1981. Gen Z started being born in 1997.

Some of us millennials are now into our early 40s. I am 35. I think a lot of people confuse who is who when talking about millennials and generation z.

Personally, I have noticed a lot of millennials are not very helpful to society. As I have noticed the same with generation x and baby boomers.

I also work with some young men who are Gen Z. One works full time with me. We do swing shifts and he spends everyday off from his full time job running equipment, driving a dump truck etc for his uncles grading business. He bought his own house and is 23 years old. I hear Gen Z constantly getting a bad reputation from everyone, including my own generation. I have noticed around my home area most are hard workers, and most work more than one job. Same as most of my generation around here had to do when we were young and starting out. And I am sure the generations before me had to do the same.

Veterans from WW1 also said that there was no way the boys who had to fight in WWII would be able to pull it off. They claimed they had been babied and were to soft for war.

I am sure that future generations will continue to say the same thing baby boomers say about millennials and millennials say about Gen Z. We have been saying that for all of recorded history.
Bottom line, All generations have individuals in them. Some are good and some are bad.
Exactly what I have told my kids. Every generation bitches about the last one or the new ones, only their own is any good. Generalization of course.
I am a mid boomer, born in '53, be 70 on Sunday. My son was telling me the other day about some guy he listens to on line or his fricking phone or something, that just HATES Boomers and blames my generation for everything thats wrong in the world!! I laughed.
Boomers are a very wide generation that spans from 1946 to 1964, and sometimes broken into two groups, early and late Boomers. I am early vintage, late starts in 54 I think, so just made the cutoff.
But as you say, each gen has its gems and its socks of coal, no gen is exempt from idiots or useless dregs.

Yes, that’s another very annoying thing I hear and see on the radio etc is younger generations blaming Baby Boomers for everything. But like you said it will never stop.

Exactly what I have told my kids. Every generation bitches about the last one or the new ones, only their own is any good. Generalization of course.
I am a mid boomer, born in '53, be 70 on Sunday. My son was telling me the other day about some guy he listens to on line or his fricking phone or something, that just HATES Boomers and blames my generation for everything thats wrong in the world!! I laughed.
Boomers are a very wide generation that spans from 1946 to 1964, and sometimes broken into two groups, early and late Boomers. I am early vintage, late starts in 54 I think, so just made the cutoff.
But as you say, each gen has its gems and its socks of coal, no gen is exempt from idiots or useless dregs.
Not to distract from the political discourse, but I just wanted to wish you the happiest of birthdays on Sunday. As luck would have it, my marriage will be turning 29 on that same day; so I will be celebrating with you in spirit. :)

Happy Birthday!

And as another point you made that was good. As baby boomers are sometimes broken into two groups, so are millennials. I can be classified as an X-llennial. Born too late to really be Gen X and to early to grow up with computers etc like some Millennials did.

When it comes to producing good strong quality men, something I have find to be to the biggest factor is if the Father was in the house. No matter which generation they are. And of course they are men/women raised without a father in the house that turn out very well, but that is not how it usually goes.

All of the young Gen Z men I work with were raised by a good strong father figure. They are all hardworking men and can do a lot of stuff for themselves. One I work with was giving a very old house and that had belonged to a grandmother or something along those lines. He went in by himself and remolded it. It’s now a very nice looking little home that he lives in with his girlfriend and daughter.

I worked with a Baby Boomer who is now retired. He was raised without a father. He is actually my best friend. He did very well for himself and didn’t fall into the pit that many men raised without a father do. Such as being incarcerated, having kids and living them etc. He has been married for almost thirty years and has two grown kids. However, I have had to fix his water leaks, lay flooring for him and change his brakes because he don’t know how. The man is neither lazy nor unintelligent. It’s simply just not having a father figure in the home as a child I truly believe.

2 Navy Sailors arrested for Espionage, and selling military secrets to China. How these low level sailor's got their hands on sensitive material is beyond me.
I'm sure that Commie Joe has already sold China plenty of intel, as well as conveniently letting that Chinese spy balloon travel across the entire country.

It’s very different in the US.

Under our welfare program housing can be provided that includes water and utilities and garbage pick up, etc for 30% of the tenets adjusted gross income…

Mind you that’s 30% of the money that the US government is already giving them under the SSI program.. which is on average $914 per month for the person filing, plus and additional $617 per month per child…

So… for the sake of argument.. a single mom with 2 kids is getting $2148 each month… then gives back $644 for housing, which leaves $1504 in her pocket after her rent, utilities, water, and garbage pick up is paid for…

But… that’s not all… SSI and subsidized housing are just 2 of the 6 welfare programs in the US…

Welfare recipients also get SNAP…a monthly food allowance.. which averages $424 a month in the US right now..

They also get TANF for a period of time.. that’s temporary supplemental assistance to the tune of $418 a month for a parent with 2 children..

And then there is the earned income credit that’s worth about $2411 annually among welfare recipients…

they also receive Medicaid.. a free health insurance package.. that has an annual value of $10,400…

So…for NOT working… they get a place to live with all utilities, water, and garbage services… health care coverage for themselves and all children… and get paid $30,437 annually between all the various programs…

While $30k is far from getting rich in the US…that’s the equivalent of $14.37 an hour in wages…

So.. what’s the incentive for most of these people to change? The average wages for food service is $13.18 in Texas… the average wages for working in retail is $12.44…

Why work? You take a pay cut, you have the additional cost of child care to bear… and now you have to answer to “the man” every day and actually be responsible for your actions…

That’s what many of these young people growing up in our impoverished areas are being taught by both the person raising them and by society at large… that it is far easier to just get on, and stay on, the dole… why bust your ass sweeping the floors at McDonald’s? It doesn’t pay…

Which is why they keep buying into all the living wage bullshit and “free” handouts bullshit…

Mathematically it makes no sense… but no one is talking to them about math or economics..

They’re just being taught that living in the projects is an acceptable way of life.. and how to best game the system so they can take maximum advantage of it…

FWIW these aren’t the musings of some mid 50’s Gen X who THINKS this to be true.. I spent a decade working every day in one of the most impoverished wards of one of the toughest cities in the US… I personally witnessed this… and heard the opinion and the position of the people living in my ward(s) routinely…

They all know they are “poor” (having no clue what real freaking poverty is)… but… are perfectly accepting of it… it’s simply not worth the effort to attempt to be anything else.. not as long as the government keeps providing for them…

Back in 1980 I started college at a local Community College. One of my classes was Business Law. The professor asked the class about work, work ethics, pros and cons of workers having to pay for those on these government programs and comparing what a typical/average worker earned after taxes and expenses.

Note: minimum wage was around $3.25(?)/hour. Food/restaurant workers minimum wage was $2.25/hour with tips to make up the $3.25/hour minimum wage.

One female student spoke replied:

'...why should I work or get married, when I get ~$30,000 a year [(?) I don't remember the exact dollar amount she actually received but it was close to this amount] when she had totalled up her education benefits and grants, monthly monetary income, food stamps/ SNAPS, vehicle (a nice vehicle) and home (not in the projects) subsidies. "...and I don't have to pay taxes."....'.

Fast forward to the early 2000's. I had a very short time relationship with a girl whose parents operated a legal Foster Parent scam.

Her parents would barely qualify financially as Foster Parents, by program standards they qualify and would foster up to 2 young children, (they would only select children out of diapers), then tend to them according to government minimum standards. Once the children reached 16 they would apply to foster 2 more children and so the cycle continues.

The parents received a monthly income for fostering each child, they would also receive each child's monthly government estimated allotment for basic needs care, ie clothing, education, routine medical, dental and vision, etc. plus each child received medicaid / Medicare benefits.

Only the older children received new clothing the younger children clothing are the "hand me downs" from the older children until these clothes became only good for rags.

Food portions were in accordance to the minimum government requirements. ie 4 ounce serving of meat, 3 ounce serving of 2 vegetables, etc according to breakfast, lunch, and dinner meal.

These "Foster Parents" had 2 large almost commercial size freezers, 2 large refrigerators with freezer, a normal kitchen pantry and a 6 × 8 pantry, and various size kitchen cabinets, stuffed with more food than a small grocery store.

When a foster child asked for seconds they were told you ate all your food to go do their homework or go play.

The monthly food allowance was $400.00+ per child per month. Seems our government felt $1600.00/ month for food wasn't sufficient so our government increased the food allotment to $2500.00+/month. Even though these "Foster Parents" were having a hard time spending the previous $1600.00/month food allowance.

I said, I had a very short relationship with this daughter, her parents have 4 children of their own. Their parents would take them grocery shopping use the food stamp card to help purchase their own children's groceries to use up the food stamp/ EBT card and charge their children for the groceries they purchased.

The reimbursement money the parents got from their children along with the other monies meant dor the foster children's care went toward the parents vacations and other household monthly expenses and whatever else they felt they needed for themselves. ie new TV's, travel video players, etc.

I was working 2 full time jobs, one to pay my own monthly expenses and the second paycheck to use as "fun money". When this girl's parents figured out about how much money I was making, they thought I should contribute to their needs and pay for dating their daughter. I stopped dating their daughter.

I know a couple of different Foster Parent couples who really get involved with and care about their foster kids. But this couple and unfortunately many more like them all Foster Parenting means to them is a racket to live well off of government/ working taxpayer's money.

I don't agree with that theory, as your description of Trump pretty much sums up the vast majority of politicians in higher power. "My way, or the highway" has pretty much been around for thousands of years.

Based on your logic, Desantis best bet would be to withdraw, and come back in 4 years. Ron will get trounced in the primary. What will that do for his image with the voters going forward, since its all about keeping distance from the rabid orange bad man.?
Why have advisors or agencies briefing you if you are going to ignore all advice and data. Best CEOs get advice/information from all and then make a decision. Just the fact that Trump made that phone call to Ukraine to get dirt on Bidens shows he is either surrounded by "yes man" or ignores all advice. Ditto for January 6th and aftermath.

In regard to DeSantis, yes he will most likely lose to Trump, but it will be a learning experience for him and next time he will not be going against the "Jim Jones" of GOP. Plus, if he withdraws now, he will be labeled a quitter by the major donors.

Don't get me wrong, while I don't care for Trump, if he is the nominee, I will vote for him. That being said he is the only candidate I think Biden has a chance against. People, once again, will come out of the woodwork to vote against Trump. He is the best motivator for people to vote for Biden. The election becomes about Trump, not Biden's four years.

2 Navy Sailors arrested for Espionage, and selling military secrets to China. How these low level sailor's got their hands on sensitive material is beyond me.
I'm sure that Commie Joe has already sold China plenty of intel, as well as conveniently letting that Chinese spy balloon travel across the entire country.

To sort of answer your question. Regardless which branch of service or the rank of the soldier, it's about their Military Occupational Skill (MOS), job duties.

Clerk typist depending on their assignment/duty station handle a variety of classified material; sailors working in sensitive areas on nuclear-powered ships or subs have privilege access to certain classified material or working knowledge of equipment in restricted areas. Supply/logistics personnel have to order replacement parts and equipment for initial use or for repairs,as a whole the information may be restricted/classified, but asking "tidbit" seemingly harmless questions a soldier without the proper security clearance now has knowledge of classified material.

signal-2023-07-31-12-18-28-388.jpg

This guy. Apparently released this today. Whatever one thinks of the validity of the charges against him (pick your venue), this certainly will not be entirely helpful with the courts.

So who couldn't see this coming after Trump posted his threat yesterday?!? This guy has the self control of a two-year-old. I am surprised his lawyers haven't walked. Like his fellow traveler Biden, I suspect this sort of lack of judgement, self-indulgence, and absence of common sense will continue to only increase because of his age.

To sort of answer your question. Regardless which branch of service or the rank of the soldier, it's about their Military Occupational Skill (MOS), job duties.

Clerk typist depending on their assignment/duty station handle a variety of classified material; sailors working in sensitive areas on nuclear-powered ships or subs have privilege access to certain classified material or working knowledge of equipment in restricted areas. Supply/logistics personnel have to order replacement parts and equipment for initial use or for repairs,as a whole the information may be restricted/classified, but asking "tidbit" seemingly harmless questions a soldier without the proper security clearance now has knowledge of classified material.

100%

A good friend of mine grew up in Philly near the shipyard. His father was senior management for Lockheed Martin who had a major classified contract with the USN at the shipyard at the time. When Jeff turned 18 he got a job at the shipyard working for Lockheed as a classified documents courier (this was the mid 80s and predates the wide use of the internet or wide use of IT and comms systems being used for moving classified information).

It was actually pretty easy (and fast) for Jeff to get a very high level clearance… he was 18 and had done very little in life, been very few places, knew very few people, etc… there wasn’t a whole lot to “check out” about him..

I on the other hand didn’t have a need for a clearance above the “secret” level until I was in my mid 20’s… by then I had traveled the world a bit, done a few things, knew a lot of people, etc.. etc… my initial clearance investigation took a good bit more time and effort to complete..

It’s not uncommon for young, new enlistees and newly commissioned officers to obtain high level clearances… if the job they fill or the unit they are assigned to requires it, then they are submitted to the same investigation that everyone else gets submitted to… old, experienced cryptography guys have to come from somewhere (young cryptography guys that do the job for s while)…

Whether someone is going to violate the requirements for holding s clearance or commit treason, etc has nothing to do with age and maturity.. it’s far more related to ethics, morals, honor, integrity (who they are as s person), and honestly, their life situation (desperate people tend to do desperate things)…

I’ve seen far more 35 year old senior NCOs get their clearances revoked for shit like getting a DUI or getting into a domestic violence situation with their wives.. than I’ve seen 18-20 years olds get their clearances revoked…

And sadly, the same goes for shady behavior that gets clearances revoked and/or involves some jail time… by the time a guy hits his 30’s, has a wife and 2 kids, etc… starts to have financial difficulties, picks up a drinking habit, etc… he becomes more vulnerable to common schemes that would get him to commit wrongful acts… and he’s also grown confident in his ability to get away with shit because he thinks he knows how things work, etc…

The young guy on the other hand hasn’t managed to put himself $200k into revolving debt yet, and is still scared shitless about everything he does and is very careful not to cross any lines.. because if he so much as farts in public he thinks some senior NCO is going to be making his life miserable for the next 48 hours… he certainly doesn’t want the heat associated with anything that would draw is clearance into question..

So who couldn't see this coming after Trump posted his threat yesterday?!? This guy has the self control of a two-year-old. I am surprised his lawyers haven't walked. Like his fellow traveler Biden, I suspect this sort of lack of judgement, self-indulgence, and absence of common sense will continue to only increase because of his age.

You can’t make this stuff up. The man appears to have the self control of a toddler. Either that, or he actually thinks it’s in his best interest to behave in this manner. It probably does endear him with some of the fringe elements of his base, but he is disenfranchising those he must have to win an election in the process.

1691239924967.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShantellMc

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]