One of the worst "examples of hunting" I have seen

Postscript: Did anyone else think the first croc killed was drugged? Very odd that it was sitting on land at 10 yards during daylight. Patently obvious both crocs were released into the areas as well.

@rookhawk "These guys appear clueless to the fact that those that do these types of hunts do not show others that they do these types of hunts."

Maybe cynical... but maybe these are the kinds of folks they are trying to attract?

And I agree something looked super hokey with the croc. Croc is on my maybe someday list, and that didn't look ANYTHING like what I'm expecting croc hunting to look like, nor what I have seen on other videos...

What suprised me is that the operator was not self-aware of how poorly their video portrays them. There are many operations like this in RSA but most know this is terrible optics and purposefully edit out the less desirable video and intentionally avoid footage/photos of all the small pen fences.

These guys appear clueless to the fact that those that do these types of hunts do not show others that they do these types of hunts.
It doesn’t really surprise me. I think this has become so normal in Limpopo that many outfitters/PHs don’t see anything wrong with it. Many recognize it’s bad advertising to Americans so change their marketing but many still participate in several of the practices shown in video. Farm raised crocs in dams, CBL lion shooting, farm raised sable bulls, it’s easy to find those offers right here on AH. Maybe they get off truck and do a stalk and call it fair chase, but it’s still far from conservation, just end result of a farming practice.

Tundra Tiger a baited croc on the Zambezi is the way to go. I’ve tried to watch the eland video but couldn’t stomach it, to me the taking of a life should be respectful and somewhat remorseful and chasing a magnificent animal such as that eland is revolting! Of course in my younger days it was only about the kill but now in my late 50’s hunting is a more spiritual thing.

I couldn't watch past the Eland, not in my wildest dreams would I call that hunting or those involved hunters.

Video has been pulled by the safari company.

what if one is 1/2 redneck (florida) and 1/2 hillbilly ( wv)? asking for a friend
That's a semi-cracker.
a-outta.gif

They still have other videos up, but they have decided to turn the comments off.

Check out this eland “hunt”. What’s bad is I don’t think the clients realize they have been cheated.

I couldn't watch past the Eland. My heart went out to that poor animal suffering shot after shot and still trying to get away.

Add to that shooting from a vehicle and chasing the animal with the vehicle, that is shooting (though not good at that either), not hunting.

Outfitters like this one should not be in the business.

I couldn't watch past the Eland. My heart went out to that poor animal suffering shot after shot and still trying to get away.

Add to that shooting from a vehicle and chasing the animal with the vehicle, that is shooting (though not good at that either), not hunting.

Outfitters like this one should not be in the business.

I’ll split the cost of a booth at whatever show they go to for you and I rent the booth next to theirs and give free advice to first time safari goers about how to pick an outfitter and how shooting tame animals from the truck steals the joy from life.

@sureshot375 ... LOVED your answer... it made me laugh. Wasn't sure which emoji to choose.

I’ll split the cost of a booth at whatever show they go to for you and I rent the booth next to theirs and give free advice to first time safari goers about how to pick an outfitter and how shooting tame animals from the truck steals the joy from life.

I would help pay for this! LOL

, farm raised sable bulls,.

I’ve seen that with my own eyes on my first safari and was utterly disgusted by it…

They were tamer than cows.

Still makes me sick to the stomach thinking about that day.

Those videos are heartbreaking. I am disgusted by the shooters and the people leading these fiascos. PHASA should look into these types of practices. These types of practices, especially when publicized, damage the image of hunters, PH's and South Africa. Clubs such as DSC and SCI should ensure they are never represented.

Ending up at a place like this is my nightmare scenario. I do a ton of research, but was fooled on an exotic hunt a few hours from home years ago. Can't imagine flying halfway across the world and finding out too late.

Those videos are heartbreaking. I am disgusted by the shooters and the people leading these fiascos. PHASA should look into these types of practices. These types of practices, especially when publicized, damage the image of hunters, PH's and South Africa. Clubs such as DSC and SCI should ensure they are never represented.
You’ll notice these cases are always South Africa and not Namibia even though they are similar hunting situations. It’s because PHASA doesn’t police their members while Namibia actively does. They need to regulate their own industry, but if CBL lions are any example, it will not happen.

You’ll notice these cases are always South Africa and not Namibia even though they are similar hunting situations. It’s because PHASA doesn’t police their members while Namibia actively does. They need to regulate their own industry, but if CBL lions are any example, it will not happen.
I would be outraged if I was a South African operator who led a great hunting outfit. We all know there are many. Videos like these are all too common and sadly have turned me away from South Africa as a whole. I am now almost exclusively taking to Namibian operators for my first time over in 2023. Much more honest about land size and truthful l about fencing. I hate beating around the bush on that topic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UrsulaSwad

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!
TAG SAFARI wrote on K31's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on davidg8480's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on Daven22s's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on bobdahunter84's profile.