One of the worst "examples of hunting" I have seen

We as hunters are loosing ground to the antis. Any ammunition we can give them to support their argument is more ground lost which we can not regain.

To the anti's three guys with double rifles surrounding a buffalo on foot and shooting it until it's dead is just as detestable and unsporting as the video the OP posted. The anti's are coming for us - one at the time or all at once - it doesn't matter to them.

Hunting a buffalo with a bow but without a gun or two as back-up is the problem. Leaving a bow-wounded buffalo in the bush is unthinkable. Trailing a bow-wounded buffalo with a bow is fool-hearty. I don't know what all the options were but finishing the bull with a bow from a jeep surely beats leaving a wounded bull in the bush.

To the anti's three guys with double rifles surrounding a buffalo on foot and shooting it until it's dead is just as detestable and unsporting as the video the OP posted. The anti's are coming for us - one at the time or all at once - it doesn't matter to them.
There is a wide range between anti-hunting and pro-hunting then an extreme on either of those ends. Here is WWF’s stance on hunting explained further in pdf on page. An extreme anti-hunter will not see the difference between this and a wild buffalo in Zimbabwe (or other wild buffalo population) but others can.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-02 at 8.00.48 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-02 at 8.00.48 AM.png
    6.3 MB · Views: 88
  • Screen Shot 2022-03-02 at 8.00.51 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-02 at 8.00.51 AM.png
    467 KB · Views: 82
I'm a avid archery hunter. But it's not archery hunting if you stick em with a arrow. Then 9 guys need to shoot it with the rifle you were supposed to use in the first place.

There is a wide range between anti-hunting and pro-hunting then an extreme on either of those ends. Here is WWF’s stance on hunting explained further in pdf on page. An extreme anti-hunter will not see the difference between this and a wild buffalo in Zimbabwe (or other wild buffalo population) but others can.

Thanks for the link. I am familiar with WWF. Their (somewhat) reasonable approach and consideration of "trophy hunting" is designed to get them in the board room and legislative halls. WWF's run-of-the-mill supporters do not any hunting.

Here's a quote from their stance on trophy hunting...

WWF strictly opposes trophy hunting when:
5) Wildlife populations are genetically manipulated for trophy size or colour variant
6) Non-indigenous or exotic species are introduced for the specific purpose of trophy hunting
7) Animals are nutritionally supplemented with the intent of enhancing trophy size and quality;

I think a lot of the places hunted that violate 5, 6 or 7...

I watch a lot of Africa hunting videos on Youtube. I came across this one and honestly not sure if this outfit is a sponsor (I doubt it as I did see a few threads about problems around 2014) and don't know if these hunters are AH members. I'm not sure if they were unaware of how Africa hunts go and thought this was normal, or have been and don't care but this was everything that gives "hunting" a bad name IMO. I haven't watched all the videos from this outfit but there was at least another one that had a few more minor issues as I see it but nothing of this magnitude.

I'll let it speak for itself- maybe fast through the non-hunting stuff but have you to watch ALL the hunts.

Motshwere Safari
Yeah. Not Good.

How many of you fired off an email to the ph company to let him know how you felt?

How many of you fired off an email to the ph company to let him know how you felt?
Detestable, disgusting, shameful. I found myself yelling for those damn fools to get their lame asses off the truck and do a real stalk. How can anyone call themselves a hunter when they chase down an animal in a truck and shoot it? And the arrogant bragging after the "kill"? Couldn't watch that and skipped over it.
I can't even condone ambushing a deer from a treestand. I am old school. You got two legs, use them and put yourself on an even playing field with the animal. Test your skills the way you should.

I posted a comment on the Youtube video, he will get an email from Google to notify him that a comment was posted.

That was hideous. You know what came to mind for me? The goat that was tied down to attract the T-rex in the first Jurassic Park movie. The only difference I could see is that the T-rex didn't have to hire a guide. :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UrsulaSwad

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!
TAG SAFARI wrote on K31's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on davidg8480's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on Daven22s's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on bobdahunter84's profile.