One of the worst "examples of hunting" I have seen

Yes, wondering why it's removed? (I have not seen it, but would be interested in doing so.)

To the anti's three guys with double rifles surrounding a buffalo on foot and shooting it until it's dead is just as detestable and unsporting as the video the OP posted. The anti's are coming for us - one at the time or all at once - it doesn't matter to them.

Hunting a buffalo with a bow but without a gun or two as back-up is the problem. Leaving a bow-wounded buffalo in the bush is unthinkable. Trailing a bow-wounded buffalo with a bow is fool-hearty. I don't know what all the options were but finishing the bull with a bow from a jeep surely beats leaving a wounded bull in the bush.
Those attempting to hunt a buffalo past its breeding age in a wilderness area will have more over all support then the hunters in this video.

Those attempting to hunt a buffalo past its breeding age in a wilderness area will have more over all support then the hunters in this video.
I get that and agree. My point was that folks that don't like hunting (the anti's) will not see a difference.

I can't even condone ambushing a deer from a treestand. I am old school. You got two legs, use them and put yourself on an even playing field with the animal. Test your skills the way you should.
Do you think people just put up a stand randomly and hope a deer walks by? Stand hunters spend a LOT of time in the woods before hunting season reading sign and looking for places where deer might be before they choose where their stand will be. They do most of their hunting long before opening day. If they've hunted well they might get a shot at a deer. If they haven't they won't. That's no different from a stalk hunt.

Hunting by definition is an ambush. Whether walking or sitting still.

Yes, wondering why it's removed? (I have not seen it, but would be interested in doing so.)

Tanks made a comment on the video. I also made several comments on the video. I’m assuming maybe when they saw the reaction from hunters they decided it was not the effective marketing tool that they had hoped for.

Tanks made a comment on the video. I also made several comments on the video. I’m assuming maybe when they saw the reaction from hunters they decided it was not the effective marketing tool that they had hoped for.
I had misunderstood and thought that it was @buck wild that had removed it. :P Smart Ass:

Well I'm not sad if our community resulted in some part in having this video removed from public viewing. There were 4.5k views with nothing negative until we got involved. Within 24 hrs, it is now gone. I did send an email to the outfitter and glad others here commented on the video.

My initial concern was folks that might be considering hunting with this outfit, although I am aware of the concept that it takes two to tango. I think hunters are being deceived but likely others understand of the "hunting" situations and don't care. To each their own. Again, if that's how you want to hunt, I don't have an issue as long as the hunter is educated about their practices. I'm not trying to change the Antis views, but do feel a responsibility to police within our own community, mostly so that the vast majority of non-hunters that don't have real opinions on hunting don't sour after seeing videos such as these.

As I stated in my original post, their are other less desirable type hunting situations but none that were as egregious as this one. Again, this outfitter seems quite adept of doing whatever it takes to sell a hunt and get an animal.

How lucky they were to find a croc so stupid he could not find any water in the dry river bed.
Seriously talked about canned this is a new level.

Imagine waiting 45 years to fly 30 hours to the 'Dark Continent' and shoot stockers off the truck in small 'camps.'

Videos and operations like these bastardize African hunting, iconic species, and the title of professional hunter.

A word of caution to any first-timers out there--be aware that there's a multitude of similar operations out there. They are the ones with great 'deals,' a plethora of auction hunts, and cheap buffalo and sable with guaranteed inches.

Do your research and don't cheat yourself on the experience. There are plenty of operations offering a fair-chase experience in RSA. Don't focus on a glorified species list or guaranteed success... or you might find yourself hunting a 500 acre pen.

I think that it's great that legitimate hunters got it taken down before the Anti's could. LOL
Shooting from the truck takes the danger out of DG so you can't really brag about that! Watching the second video just shows that they are shooting domesticated farms animals.

I did not see the first video but watched the second, too me it was actually a little sickening, at least it has eliminated one outfitter to ever think about hunting with, I don’t see how this promotes a business at all.

I was thinking about the first video last night and thought to myself, well there's always 2 sides to a story. I thought maybe the clients wanted to "hunt" like that and made the PH allow them to shoot from the truck. He looked pretty young and maybe he was scared to say no. Maybe they weren't going to pay if they didnt ride around and shoot from the truck. I don't know. BUT after watching the second video, there's a pattern there for sure. A horrible pattern at that!! The outfit knows it's bullshit. If they were proud of the way they operate and thought nothing wrong with it, the video would still be up.

I was thinking about the first video last night and thought to myself, well there's always 2 sides to a story. I thought maybe the clients wanted to "hunt" like that and made the PH allow them to shoot from the truck. He looked pretty young and maybe he was scared to say no. Maybe they weren't going to pay if they didnt ride around and shoot from the truck. I don't know. BUT after watching the second video, there's a pattern there for sure. A horrible pattern at that!! The outfit knows it's bullshit. If they were proud of the way they operate and thought nothing wrong with it, the video would still be up.

I’ve invested more time in this than I should, but shooting from the truck and chasing wounded animals with the truck seems to be the preferred method of hunting.

Seems like most of the clients are new to Africa. I was surprised to see a video with a US Outfitter, Rusty Hall.

I would think that an outfitter wouldn’t be too impressed with that style of hunting. Maybe his North America stuff is less than fair chase also.

Last edited by a moderator:
More shocking that quite a few people, also on AH hunted with them. There are a couple reports.

Bad PR...

Not surprised about that style of hunting, I am well aware of it, what does surprise me is that they would do a video and promote it.

Just can´t believe it !

I can´t see the video!
But, by thecomments, I migth see, "Everywere beans are cooked" as my grandma use to say

So, depends on the hunters, if they want to called thath way, select the type of hunt in order to feel them like a real hunters, not only killers

Maybe this is a bit of derailing or hijacking... I can apologize but I'm going to post it anyway.

There is actually a fair amount about Motshwere Safaris on this site... and a whole lot of it isn't very flattering. Frankly, from other threads I've now taken the time to wade through, I would posit that his business practices would seem to align (in my mind) with allowing these types of killing. (sorry... I know what many feel about if it's legal it's OK... but I can't call what was in that video hunting)

Want to know one of my regrets for my first time to Africa? I don't have any videotape, not that I'm big on that anyway. But I did buy a GoPro type camera. Originally, my daughter was to have been there and she was going to be the videographer. When she couldn't make it, I left the camera at home. I regret that now. Here's what I know: every animal I harvested, I would have been proud to post online. Each was done right, and I was fortunate that 9 of the 10 were quick, humane kills (the wildebeest required tracking and a follow-up shot). Also, I knew the price of everything at every point (a contention of other Motshwere threads). There were zero surprises. I am realizing more and more how fortunate I was to hunt where I did; I credit this site and you good folks for much of the success of my first African safari, and some of the cautionary stories reinforce always putting in due diligence. OK... sorry for the sidetrack.

They still have other videos up, but they have decided to turn the comments off.

Check out this eland “hunt”. What’s bad is I don’t think the clients realize they have been cheated.

Eland by vehicle plus poor shooting and trapped by the fence. Wow! A proper eland hunt is tracking or at least spot/stalk.

What suprised me is that the operator was not self-aware of how poorly their video portrays them. There are many operations like this in RSA but most know this is terrible optics and purposefully edit out the less desirable video and intentionally avoid footage/photos of all the small pen fences.

These guys appear clueless to the fact that those that do these types of hunts do not show others that they do these types of hunts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiwa

Latest profile posts

TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!
TAG SAFARI wrote on K31's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on davidg8480's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on Daven22s's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on bobdahunter84's profile.