Omay North Concession awarded to MARTIN PIETERS SAFARIS

This is not resolved yet. The quote below is from a mutual friend.

"Dalton and York have had a difficult start to the year whereby another safari operator has tried to win the Omay by corrupt methods. Now Dalton is fighting it in court and York has had to move all thier hunts."

So maybe Martin Pieters is truly a "dick bag"

This is not resolved yet. The quote below is from a mutual friend.

"Dalton and York have had a difficult start to the year whereby another safari operator has tried to win the Omay by corrupt methods. Now Dalton is fighting it in court and York has had to move all thier hunts."

So maybe Martin Pieters is truly a "dick bag"

Wow, I didn’t see that coming!

I will ask members to refrain from using insulting language, thank you.

I messaged Dalton 2 days ago about booking a hunt for 2025, this morning he left me a voice message saying there has been a lot of confusion about the Omay and it’s all coming to a head shortly. He went on to say he’d send me a quote to hunt with him in 2025. He didn’t say where his quote would be for, but for sure this issue is not fully resolved yet.

I messaged Dalton 2 days ago about booking a hunt for 2025, this morning he left me a voice message saying there has been a lot of confusion about the Omay and it’s all coming to a head shortly. He went on to say he’d send me a quote to hunt with him in 2025. He didn’t say where his quote would be for, but for sure this issue is not fully resolved yet.
I have a hunt booked with York in August of 2024 which was supposed to be In Omay N. I'm not sure where we will hunt but with him it will be fun regardless.

It is truly sad, but there is solid evidence that Dalton and York have at least temporarily lost the hunting rights to the Omay. Because of his announcement in April is seems clear that the PH in question acquired it by some means yet to be determined. I suspect by questionable means (as told to me by someone in Zim heavily engaged in the safari industry). I did repeat a slur for which I apologized and I agree that it was bad form and sincerely apologize to the forum again.
I do not know Mr. Pieters, but I do know Dalton and York well. They are great young men who have worked very hard to build up the Omay as a top safari area. Some sort of injustice has taken place and I hope it is fixed soon so I can go back there and hunt with them again.

Regardless. Op made sure ill never give them my business. Put so much worry and fear in ppl that are already booked and just ghost the post after causing that fear. In the bush or not its been weeks no response. Low class.

Sad to see reputable phs getting traduced here without solid evidence. Lots of speculation and slandering. Poor form and not the sort of stuff that normally takes place on this forum.
No slander here . . . by definition it cannot be slander. :-).

............ Put so much worry and fear in ppl that are already booked and just ghost the post after causing that fear. In the bush or not it's been weeks no response. Low class.

Martin made an announcement about winning a bid for a Safari area. Thats's it.

I did not see D&Y coming in on the thread and clearing anything up either!

Issues of legal conflict tend to cause the litigants to avoid public discussion while the issue is being decided in a court. Just a thought.

I hope the hunters impacted by any changes manage to get the quality hunt they were after.

Martin made an announcement about winning a bid for a Safari area. Thats's it.

I did not see D&Y coming in on the thread and clearing anything up either!

Issues of legal conflict tend to cause the litigants to avoid public discussion while the issue is being decided in a court. Just a thought.

I hope the hunters impacted by any changes manage to get the quality hunt they were after.
Respectfully @BRICKBURN , I beg to differ. From my distant armchair the way it appears to me is that Martin made an initial post about acquiring Omay N. and as a sponsor of AH that is quite a reasonable thing to do. All good so far, but there is a business motivation there with a prospect for financial gain. Still all good, but the way it appears to some folks is that when there were prospects for financial gain Martin was all too happy to communicate. Things seem to have gone sideways and insead of offering some brief statement like, hey guys it appears the tender seems to be in dispute and is in need of resolution. I’ll let you know when that happens. And by the way, any of you AH members who are booked for a hunt in Omay North, not to worry. We’ll work it out and if I end up with the concession I’ll make quota available to D&Y so your hunt can proceed as planned, or as an alternative… etc, etc.
That would seem to have been the professional and courteous thing to do. It would have also likely forestalled any backlash, anxiety and negative posts.
I suspect there is much more to the situation than is readily apparent. As it sits now, all people can do is wonder, speculate, gossip, etc. A breeding ground for rumors has been created and it lays at the door step of MP. In my humble opinion.
A lesson may be, if you’re going to use social media as a marketing tool you should be prepared to engage through the good and the bad.

Respectfully @BRICKBURN , I beg to differ. From my distant armchair the way it appears to me is that Martin made an initial post about acquiring Omay N. and as a sponsor of AH that is quite a reasonable thing to do. All good so far, but there is a business motivation there with a prospect for financial gain. Still all good, but the way it appears to some folks is that when there were prospects for financial gain Martin was all too happy to communicate. Things seem to have gone sideways and insead of offering some brief statement like, hey guys it appears the tender seems to be in dispute and is in need of resolution. I’ll let you know when that happens. And by the way, any of you AH members who are booked for a hunt in Omay North, not to worry. We’ll work it out and if I end up with the concession I’ll make quota available to D&Y so your hunt can proceed as planned, or as an alternative… etc, etc.
That would seem to have been the professional and courteous thing to do. It would have also likely forestalled any backlash, anxiety and negative posts.
I suspect there is much more to the situation than is readily apparent. As it sits now, all people can do is wonder, speculate, gossip, etc. A breeding ground for rumors has been created and it lays at the door step of MP. In my humble opinion.
A lesson may be, if you’re going to use social media as a marketing tool you should be prepared to engage through the good and the bad.
Martin did follow up with a post (post #15 in this thread).
It sounds to me like it is his intention to work with the other operators to accommodate hunts that were booked previously.
I have not heard anyone that has a hunt booked say they have been negatively affected....Just lots of speculation and name calling.

Spot on. Everyone needs to sit back and wait for things to wrap up.
It will be much like the American primaries, whoever the winner is needs to be supported, for the sake of the concession and the animals.

It will be much like the American primaries, whoever the winner is needs to be supported, for the sake of the concession and the animals.
That was a major concern for me, if nobody is in the area, is it being looked after? It appears the Omay will be fine though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tim T

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!