Omay North Concession awarded to MARTIN PIETERS SAFARIS

Yeah, so if you look at Martin’s web page it still shows Dalton as a PH and lists the North Omay as me of their hunting areas…..

Well I just got back from being offline in Canada and Dalton's news made my day. I had a great hunt with York previously in the Omay and told myself then, that he and Dalton have what it takes to be recognized as the best. I am booked with York next August and can't wait to see the Omay again with him.
Thanks for the great news Dalton!

Obviously this post was not 100 percent forthcoming . Be careful what you believe , Dalton and York have the Omay and you could not be in better hands . There is obviously a backside so due diligence is a must …Good shooting to all …

Interesting first post @Redfish64. Perhaps you'd care to enlighten us? Posts like yours are somewhat frustrating to many of us. The only way I know to find out the truth is to ask online or to meet with the folks in question in person. The former may be not be the most objective, but the truth usually comes out eventually. Unfortunately the latter is rather expensive and time prohibitive for most of us.
So welcome to the forum. Why don't you you tell us what you know?
Bruce

Obviously this post was not 100 percent forthcoming . Be careful what you believe , Dalton and York have the Omay and you could not be in better hands . There is obviously a backside so due diligence is a must …Good shooting to all …

This may enlighten you as to what happened with the award of the tender.

Is there anything new on this case as this article reflected a December 2023 next court date? It's also hard to follow where the alleged $900K US came into play as there is no mention of it in the article, only the Article Heading tagline.

You are about a year late to the party. There were lawsuits and appeals. There were multiple tenders for this concession. It was a whole thing. I don’t know either party involved, but I know a number of people who have worked with both of them. My take away is that they are both good operators and good people who had a dispute between two business. They may not feel that way, and there seems to be some hard feelings still, but hopefully that will fade. Quite frankly the infighting does no good for the industry.

I wouldn’t hesitate to hunt with either.

At the time the post was made, it was 100% accurate and in no way deceptive. Your insinuation that Martin Pieters was less than truthful is completely unfounded.

Again, I don’t have a dog in this fight, but I don’t want to see someone unfairly criticized.

Interesting that multiple new members showed up to talk trash about a year old controversy that has been long settled.

My reading of that article is that the alleged crime didn’t really implicate either of the two outfitters here of any wrongdoing.

Interesting that multiple new members showed up to talk trash about a year old controversy that has been long settled.

My reading of that article is that the alleged crime didn’t really implicate either of the two outfitters here of any wrongdoing.
You misinterpret my post.

I am not disparaging either outfitter, I was simply posted the article so that Redfish64 could read what was reported on the matter in that it was the Rural District Council official who was implicated in the wrongdoing.

Unfortunately there is no updated news report on what has happened to him.

Last edited:
You misinterpret my post.

I am not disparaging either outfitter, I was simply posted the article so that Redfish64 could read what was reported on the matter in that it was the Rural District Council official who was implicated in the wrongdoing.

Unfortunately there is no updated news report on what has happened to him.
My apologies sir. I must have woke up on the wrong side of the bed!!!

You are about a year late to the party. There were lawsuits and appeals. There were multiple tenders for this concession. It was a whole thing. I don’t know either party involved, but I know a number of people who have worked with both of them. My take away is that they are both good operators and good people who had a dispute between two business. They may not feel that way, and there seems to be some hard feelings still, but hopefully that will fade. Quite frankly the infighting does no good for the industry.

I wouldn’t hesitate to hunt with either.

At the time the post was made, it was 100% accurate and in no way deceptive. Your insinuation that Martin Pieters was less than truthful is completely unfounded.

Again, I don’t have a dog in this fight, but I don’t want to see someone unfairly criticized.
Yes I’m a year late but only waiting for the dust to settle …Here now hunting with York . Awesome lion and buffalo down along with some fantastic plains game , now focusing on the leopard sir .

Yes I’m a year late but only waiting for the dust to settle …Here now hunting with York . Awesome lion and buffalo down along with some fantastic plains game , now focusing on the leopard sir .
I have seen the photos posted. You sir are having a great hunt. I will be there with York in early August and looking forward to it.

I think that makes your post worse.

You take the time out of your safari to accuse Martin Pieters of lying?

At the time the post was made he had won the tender. It is my understanding he won the tender twice.

It was the guy who got arrested that took the winning contract away from Martin Pieters.

I think lawsuits may still be ongoing.

In Omay?
Congrats!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tim T

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!