Omay North Concession awarded to MARTIN PIETERS SAFARIS

Good afternoon all ah members I would just like to clear up any discrepancies of the omay north concession. Unfortunately due to legal reasons we could not communicate on here until things where finalized. Dalton & York safaris has officially signed the omay north concession for 5 years . We would like to thank all our clients and friends on this thread for there support and concern. The omay is a very special part of our lives and many of our clients and we look forward to seeing you once again on the picturesque land of omay north once again. Many thanks
Congratulations Dalton, very happy for you. Thank you for providing the update and hope you’ll continue to keep us updated on your season in Omay N.

Good afternoon all ah members I would just like to clear up any discrepancies of the omay north concession. Unfortunately due to legal reasons we could not communicate on here until things where finalized. Dalton & York safaris has officially signed the omay north concession for 5 years . We would like to thank all our clients and friends on this thread for there support and concern. The omay is a very special part of our lives and many of our clients and we look forward to seeing you once again on the picturesque land of omay north once again. Many thanks
Nicely done buddy! Good to put this behind you and get back at it full throttle! Can’t wait to hunt with you guys again in ‘25!
Congrats!!

Wonderful looking forward to seeing you guys in a couple weeks.

Thank you Dalton. I very much enjoyed hunted with you and York in the Omay North. It is a wonderful concession and I am thrilled to hear that you have been able to clear up any legal issues with regards to the lease. I will be back as I have a score to settle with a Cape buffalo.

So does this mean the thread will need a title change???:LOL:

Good to see you here Dalton. I look forward to meeting you in September.
Yes maybe name it mud in the eye!

Congratulations Dalton! Looking forward to seeing you this August!
Toby get a big one man. Are you with York or Dalton on this one?

Great to hear this has all been cleared up! Congrats to Dalton and York- two stand- up guys that hunt hard and operate fairly.
Yes they do operate fairly! Might be worth the price of a hunt just to go hear first hand the other side of this story.

Something similar happened a few years back. Everyone call BS on Mr. Peters and it turned out to be True!!!
Two and a half months later we have an answer!

Respectfully @BRICKBURN , I beg to differ. From my distant armchair the way it appears to me is that Martin made an initial post about acquiring Omay N. and as a sponsor of AH that is quite a reasonable thing to do. All good so far, but there is a business motivation there with a prospect for financial gain. Still all good, but the way it appears to some folks is that when there were prospects for financial gain Martin was all too happy to communicate. Things seem to have gone sideways and insead of offering some brief statement like, hey guys it appears the tender seems to be in dispute and is in need of resolution. I’ll let you know when that happens. And by the way, any of you AH members who are booked for a hunt in Omay North, not to worry. We’ll work it out and if I end up with the concession I’ll make quota available to D&Y so your hunt can proceed as planned, or as an alternative… etc, etc.
That would seem to have been the professional and courteous thing to do. It would have also likely forestalled any backlash, anxiety and negative posts.
I suspect there is much more to the situation than is readily apparent. As it sits now, all people can do is wonder, speculate, gossip, etc. A breeding ground for rumors has been created and it lays at the door step of MP. In my humble opinion.
A lesson may be, if you’re going to use social media as a marketing tool you should be prepared to engage through the good and the bad.
Extremely well said sir…..and now the matter is resolved.

@Dalton Tink …..Well done sir!

The 100% positive reviews from your previous clients were the deciding factor in booking my first trip to Africa for July 2024; and I’m not talking about online reviews, the face to face talks with people at DSC 2023 were 100% positive.

So when the OP said they had the rights to the concession I paid a deposit on for my first Africa trip….

It was unnerving but I had faith in your reputation and I’m glad D&Y Safaris fought the good fight, looking forward to experiencing the Omay with D&Y.

@Dalton Tink …..Well done sir!

The 100% positive reviews from your previous clients were the deciding factor in booking my first trip to Africa for July 2024; and I’m not talking about online reviews, the face to face talks with people at DSC 2023 were 100% positive.

So when the OP said they had the rights to the concession I paid a deposit on for my first Africa trip….

It was unnerving but I had faith in your reputation and I’m glad D&Y Safaris fought the good fight, looking forward to experiencing the Omay with D&Y.
This is my first trip out of country. To say I was nervous with this all going on would probably be an understatement. But both Dalton and York have assured me we are going to have a hunt of a lifetime. I really appreciate that they have taken the time to assure me that everything is going to be alright. Whether the courts seen it their way or not they had a contingency plan.
I’m not a rich guy this is a trip I never thought I’d ever be able to do.
Hard work and probably my midlife crisis I booked a hunt of a lifetime. Instead of buying a corvette or something. Lol.
I know they have bee busy with clients as we have all read about. So them taking a little time to answer questions has been much appreciated.

This is my first trip out of country. To say I was nervous with this all going on would probably be an understatement. But both Dalton and York have assured me we are going to have a hunt of a lifetime. I really appreciate that they have taken the time to assure me that everything is going to be alright. Whether the courts seen it their way or not they had a contingency plan.
I’m not a rich guy this is a trip I never thought I’d ever be able to do.
Hard work and probably my midlife crisis I booked a hunt of a lifetime. Instead of buying a corvette or something. Lol.
I know they have bee busy with clients as we have all read about. So them taking a little time to answer questions has been much appreciated.
I booked with Dalton early on in 2021 for this September, so I’ve been waiting forever it seems, it is also my first to Africa. I’ve been planning this hunt since 2009 , but never was able to make it happen. Since the original post, my anxiety has been very very high. Thankfully a few members (mostly @375Fox ) have been great with helping my planning and keeping me reassured things will be fine. I’ve also been in contact with Dalton since the day of the OP, who’s also reassured me things will be fine. I truly thought this was going to turn out to be a complete mess and even thought it was going to end badly, but Dalton and York truly pulled through. I can not wait to land in Harare on August 30th, which will be my 40th. Best birthday present I have ever given myself haha

Pretty impressive when the actual winner of the concession gets 50+ likes on his 4th post on the forum.
Yes and his previous 3 posts were for his former employer who he was advertising in good faith for back in 2015.

The same employer is the OP that announced he had the rights to concession that I had an hunt booked; and look how that worked out…..

I believe that is very telling.

Yes and his previous 3 posts were for his former employer who he was advertising in good faith for back in 2015.

The same employer is the OP that announced he had the rights to concession that I had an hunt booked; and look how that worked out…..

I believe that is very telling.

His past employer and UNCLE o_O

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brianne38C

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?