How did you get your handle or user name?

I'm a big fan of the 16 gauge......use it for probably 90% of my bird and waterfowl hunting chores. I have three shotguns chambered in said gauge: A Remington model 11, and Ithaca M37 featherlite, and a Stoeger SxS.
As for the "Mr." part..........we were hunting chukars on a pheasant preserve when my water spaniel put up a bird and my two hunting partners opened up on it and missed with every shell out of their 12 gauges. After they were empty, I said "Are you done?" and fired a hail Mary shot as the bird was about 60-65 yards out and, as luck would have it, a golden BB found it's way into the back of the birds head, and it dropped like a rock! Of course, it was skill. (not luck).
So the next day at work, I was bragging about it when one of the other fellows who was there said, snarkily, "Ok, Mr, 16 gauge......"
...........and the rest is history!:)

When my wife and I were still newlyweds, we used to babysit for some friends with this cute as a button little girl named Chloe. She was a pistol at about 3yo. She would introduce herself "I kowee."

Of course she wanted to know our first names and mine is Matthew which she forevermore pronounced as Datchew and to our friends circle, it's been my moniker for about 23 years.

I was off in the salt marsh hunting clapper rails and my wife’s cousin called to see if we wanted to come to a cookout. When my wife told him what I was doing. First he asked what a rail was and then exclaimed that boy will “hunt anything”.

My moniker is a take off of my sir name. It is the nickname my friends called me in my youth. Now I only hear "Wheels" at high school reunions or at DSC when AH members can't remember my name. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kefukequmeihu26

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?