How did you get your handle or user name?

Figure in all the adverse variables to a good jump, factor in "Murphy" and that sudden hard landing puts a jumper hard into the dirt. Feet and knees together and the jumper resembles a Dart speeding to, or into, the ground with a grunt or a whom.

Blast From the Past:

" I use to be 6 feet 6 inches tall with a baritone voice. Made my first parachute jump followed by a sudden hard landing.....and...Now I'm 5 - 10 with a high pitch scratchy voice."
I prefer " Dirtdart" over "Meat Bomb" which is a term some of my Afrikaans speaking friends use.

IMG_0299.jpeg

I played slow pitch softball for many years. Most of the guys on the team had nicknames; Toad, Hack, Bubba, D Squared, Goldie, Mule, Foat, Nerp (Don't ask me where those last 2 came from). I was a pretty good left handed hitter and was pretty fast. I batted leadoff or second most of the time, so they called me Speedster. Whenever I see any of my former teammates they still call me that.

I'm a big fan of the 16 gauge......use it for probably 90% of my bird and waterfowl hunting chores. I have three shotguns chambered in said gauge: A Remington model 11, and Ithaca M37 featherlite, and a Stoeger SxS.
As for the "Mr." part..........we were hunting chukars on a pheasant preserve when my water spaniel put up a bird and my two hunting partners opened up on it and missed with every shell out of their 12 gauges. After they were empty, I said "Are you done?" and fired a hail Mary shot as the bird was about 60-65 yards out and, as luck would have it, a golden BB found it's way into the back of the birds head, and it dropped like a rock! Of course, it was skill. (not luck).
So the next day at work, I was bragging about it when one of the other fellows who was there said, snarkily, "Ok, Mr, 16 gauge......"
...........and the rest is history!:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HarrisShow

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia