BC Outfitter Stole? my Deposit. Any Ideas?

@WAB: sorry about the tragic loss of your friend.
I admire anyone able to trap in “Winter conditions” - an art in itself and also the skill in being able to catch Wolverine with regularity. I also trap but fortunately don’t need to make a living at it (I’d starve), it is a hobby for me and I’m “self taught”. My Guide in Alaska was also a Trapper and he told me that Wolverine “fight a trap” harder then any other animal, they never tire and can actually pull/break some cheaper made foot traps apart - just from their relentless fighting the trap. I’m not sure what size trap he used for Wolverine but it was at least a #3 or larger….a lot of trap for an animal that only weighs #25 - #35lb.

Thanks @HankBuck. It was a rough night. We knew a plane was down on the Kustatan and he was late but it took hours to get a positive ID.

Watching this post I see that there are several members who have a very good grasp of Canadian law.

I have a question if I do a posting on a members only web site that a non member stole a large sum of money from me and it was a false statement and I feel my reputation was damaged am I entitled to some reimbursement?

I ask this as a serious question. Wasn’t Donald Trump sued for a large sum of money for calling a woman a name.

It would seem to me that someone should be held liable?

I really would like to know.

Lon

Watching this post I see that there are several members who have a very good grasp of Canadian law.

I have a question if I do a posting on a members only web site that a non member stole a large sum of money from me and it was a false statement and I feel my reputation was damaged am I entitled to some reimbursement?

I ask this as a serious question. Wasn’t Donald Trump sued for a large sum of money for calling a woman a name.

It would seem to me that someone should be held liable?

I really would like to know.

Lon
Perhaps. But the plaintiff needs to prove damages. I don't recall that the complainant in this case ever divulged the outfitter's name. Therefore, how could his reputation be damaged? In other threads names have been dropped. And that is fine as long as the complaint can be backed up with documentation. It's always better to just publish the documented facts and let the readers draw their own conclusions. Don't be attaching malicious labels. The readers can do that. They can't be identified = can't be sued for slander, etc.

Last edited:
I not sure if the outfitter co. name was stated, but I believer ownership was.

I would never accuse anyone of a crime in print unless I was 100% sure.

I have known a lot of dodgy opetators, but I believe I only mentioned one by name “Out of Africa” many people know the operators name. Events that took place made me loose a lot of respect for SCI.

Lon

I not sure if the outfitter co. name was stated, but I believer ownership was.

I would never accuse anyone of a crime in print unless I was 100% sure.

I have known a lot of dodgy opetators, but I believe I only mentioned one by name “Out of Africa” many people know the operators name. Events that took place made me loose a lot of respect for SCI.

Lon
Outfitters name is in the first post, person name appears later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jubrin023

Latest profile posts

DEAR SIR/MADAM,
DO YOU NEED FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE TO ENLARGE YOUR BUSINESS?
WE HELP INDIVIDUALS AND COMPANIES TO OBTAIN FINANCE FOR BUSINESS
EXPANDING AND TO SETUP A NEW BUSINESS RANGING ANY AMOUNT. GET FINANCE AT AFFORDABLE INTEREST RATE OF 3% contact us Pacific landing Whatsapp +91, Seven, Three, 0, Three, Three, Eight, Two, Six, Three, One
NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?