500 Jeffery Club

@Backyardsniper the only thing that concerns me on the Sako is the thing about the brass hitting the scope then jamming up the action. Thats all that stands in the way of it being a real contender

@Backyardsniper the only thing that concerns me on the Sako is the thing about the brass hitting the scope then jamming up the action. Thats all that stands in the way of it being a real contender
@norfolk shooter
@Dr Ray is a Sako tragic mate and I have never once heard him say he has a problem with ejection from his beloved Sako. Maybe he could chime in on the subject.
Bob

Run a RDS and that takes care of 2 issues, 1 no scope bite, 2 no scope for the brass to hit.

If you watch his video, that brass ejection is almost straight up.

From what I understand it's not a problem on the majority of SAKO rifles, it's the exception in this case...not the rule. For the most part it seems to be centered around the 375H&H caliber, but I've heard of this happening with other calibers as well.

I would not let it stop me from buying a SAKO rifle in any caliber. Even in the event that I got one that it did happen to, the fix to the extractor is not a huge deal.

Or you can do what @Inline6 suggested (as I was typing and had to amend my post) and go with a reflex sight on the front bridge. For the expected distances that a 500J is to be used, it's a really good option.

I like running the trijicon RMR on it. I can make hits out to 200 yards with it and like @Inline6 said that cures the issue of catching a scope in the face, which I would venture to say is a likely issue with this caliber. Its a shame you're across the pond, I would sell you this rig. It has already got a recoil reducer installed and had the feeding cleaned up. It is a solid rig, and I have 200 some odd pieces of new brass as well as dies and bullets. I might even list it as a DSC special and bring it down to Dallas and deliver it if someone buys it.

I like running the trijicon RMR on it. I can make hits out to 200 yards with it and like @Inline6 said that cures the issue of catching a scope in the face, which I would venture to say is a likely issue with this caliber. Its a shame you're across the pond, I would sell you this rig. It has already got a recoil reducer installed and had the feeding cleaned up. It is a solid rig, and I have 200 some odd pieces of new brass as well as dies and bullets. I might even list it as a DSC special and bring it down to Dallas and deliver it if someone buys it.
On the one DSC Im not coming to. I can buy that put it on my FAC (firearms certificate) send an email to my constabulary (Sate police unit) and just take it back in my toughpak. FFS!!!!

Run a RDS and that takes care of 2 issues, 1 no scope bite, 2 no scope for the brass to hit.

If you watch his video, that brass ejection is almost straight up.
I already have a nice trijicon 1-4x20 accupoint for the job. I guess I can sell it

Talking to my smith about my 500j build on a 602 Brno, he wants to build a straight line mag I think I’ll go 3:75 long. Any thoughts?

How much?

@Backyardsniper it was only a joke they are not really naming it a 510CM!
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I just thought I would hook @norfolk shooter up with a ready to rock 500 Jeff. I am taking the 416 rigby and the 470 to Zimbabwe so it wouldn't hurt if I sold the Jeff to help fund some extra shooting while I'm over there.

On the one DSC Im not coming to. I can buy that put it on my FAC (firearms certificate) send an email to my constabulary (Sate police unit) and just take it back in my toughpak. FFS!!!!

I already have a nice trijicon 1-4x20 accupoint for the job. I guess I can sell it
I don't know how much of an issue it is to send one over to you, but if you are interested I'm sure we could work something out.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-12-20 at 1.29.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-20 at 1.29.47 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 39
  • Screen Shot 2022-12-20 at 1.29.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-20 at 1.29.49 PM.png
    763.7 KB · Views: 43
I don't know how much of an issue it is to send one over to you, but if you are interested I'm sure we could work something out.
I think it would be cheaper for me to get one in the UK seeing as there are a few on the shelf

Talking to my smith about my 500j build on a 602 Brno, he wants to build a straight line mag I think I’ll go 3:75 long. Any thoughts?
You can cancel that build then

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SharonCook

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?