500 Jeffery Club

So I have had a reply form the importers in the UK for a Sako 500j. They dont have any and they are a special order. So I have to pay for it upfront (non refundable) and if I dont like it tough.

Im sure many or you would agree that something like a new rifle needs to be handled before committing to. Kinda like a woman I guess. I shall however keep an eye out for a 500j anyhow
In the event I may need to sell, it'll be here. Only blemish was on my shoulder.
.. Sometimes easier to handle the Jeffery than a Woman ; "with all do respect"

1671742373001.png

I'm sorry, .. your 550 coming is a 505 Gibbs? .. If so, many congrats
It is not based on 505 gibbs. The one i am getting now is 460 wby based. How ever i am getting the drawings and specks for 505 gibbs based design. Have extra cz 550 and MRC Magnum actions. Planning to build on one of them. All details of barrel makers, reemers are beeing gathered from the designer.
Krish

Why do people reload big bores using the two fingers on the bolt as aposed to the palm?
Clearly because it makes them feel like they're shooting a bigger gun.
Just kidding it's likely a familiarity issue where due to the size and cost of the rounds they have less.

Why do people reload big bores using the two fingers on the bolt as aposed to the palm?
It is a default to what they know. It would take a lot of Training to brake that habit. I shoot prone a good amount, that's about the general way one would run the bolt in that position.

It is not based on 505 gibbs. The one i am getting now is 460 wby based. How ever i am getting the drawings and specks for 505 gibbs based design. Have extra cz 550 and MRC Magnum actions. Planning to build on one of them. All details of barrel makers, reemers are beeing gathered from the designer.
Krish
I see that the Sako gets the 'best" chair

This is the sort of detail I like t
It is better to present some things at once, there are different 500 Jeffery cartridges.

I belong to the group ROMEY Hybrid with my rifle.

View attachment 503093
o studyThis type
It is better to present some things at once, there are different 500 Jeffery cartridges.

I belong to the group ROMEY Hybrid with my rifle.

View attachment 503093
This sort of detail is what gets me interested; the tech side ...

Appropriate it bro
Thats supposed to be appreciate it bro. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: .

On a separate note other than the Sako is there anyone else that make a factory 500 J thats good to go??

The biggest issue with the Sako 85 in these large calibers is the recoil pad is absolutely terrible. It's hard as a rock, way too narrow, and distributes the recoil in a very small area on your shoulder. So the first thing you'd need to do is get your rifle fitted with a new pad. Mine is a 375 H&H, so it's not a big deal. But it still pokes you pretty hard off the bench.

Thats supposed to be appreciate it bro. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: .

On a separate note other than the Sako is there anyone else that make a factory 500 J thats good to go??
Do you really want to know? People are gonna be pissed...

Blaser.

Maybe Simpson Brothers in Peterboroug can help you out. A bit of a drive for you, but possibly worth the trip.

Do you really want to know? People are gonna be pissed...

Blaser.

Maybe Simpson Brothers in Peterboroug can help you out. A bit of a drive for you, but possibly worth the trip.
I know Marcus the owner at simpson bros. As we thinking the same Peterborough?? Unless there is one in the USA? Only 1hr drive for me. By the time I have spent Blaser money I might as well get a double from holts

I know Marcus the owner at simpson bros. As we thinking the same Peterborough?? Unless there is one in the USA? Only 1hr drive for me. By the time I have spent Blaser money I might as well get a double from holts
Yes, we are talking about the same shop. I did a quick search and found that Simpson Bros was the closest to Norfolk, UK.

Finding a DG ready 500J bolt action for £5K is not easy...regardless of the brand. In the US on Gun Broker right now a SAKO with timber stock is $14K while a Blaser is $15K. At that price point it's splitting hairs on the price difference. If you are willing to go with a synthetic, the price of the Blaser drops to $6.5K.

As for what a used double on Holt's goes for I'm not sure, but in any case you should get EXACTLY what you want. Don't settle. It matters very little to me which brand you choose as long as you are happy with your decision.

Really .. I thought the Blaser was a Good Choice, or well Respected?

Really .. I thought the Blaser was a Good Choice, or well Respected?
I'm entertaining the idea of getting one. I like that I can break it down in a small case and carry it and a double in the case but still have a large bore like the 500 Jeffrey barrel for it. I wish they made it in 416 rigby.
I guess I could get a 458 Lott barrel for plains game ;) and a 500 jeff barrel for the bigger stuff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArmandoQue

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!