The 22 Hornet: Uses: Your Choices in ammo, on animals, results

Me and @jnotzon have been getting his grandpas (RIP to a great man and legend) little Ruger 77 .22 hornet dialed in.

It now wears a gloss 4x Zeiss Diavari which we both think is perfect . We are still looking for its most accurate factory load.

I’m am very lucky he will be letting me use it as we both are going for a Damara Dik Dik in May together on our Namibia safari with @KHOMAS HIGHLAND HUNTING SAFARIS

Attachments

• aac55647-09fc-4bea-bdc2-bea735083b27.jpeg
    aac55647-09fc-4bea-bdc2-bea735083b27.jpeg
    316.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1726.jpeg
    IMG_1726.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
Me and @jnotzon have been getting his grandpas (RIP to a great man and legend) little Ruger 77 .22 hornet dialed in.

It now wears a gloss 4x Zeiss Diavari which we both think is perfect . We are still looking for its most accurate factory load.

I’m am very lucky he will be letting me use it as we both are going for a Damara Dik Dik in May together on our Namibia safari with @KHOMAS HIGHLAND HUNTING SAFARIS
Actually has an old Zeiss Diatal-C 4x marked West Germany… incredibly bright scope. Have shot Winchester Super X out of it and it’s right at an inch at 50 yards. Need to test some other ammo as @dchum mentioned and stretch its legs out to 100 yards.

Are you guys reloaders? If so I am sure you can tighten up that group and you have time. I have that exact rifle and get decent groups at 100 with it.

Are you guys reloaders? If so I am sure you can tighten up that group and you have time. I have that exact rifle and get decent groups at 100 with it.
No neither of us are. We’ve only tried just Winchester super X

I’m sure we will try some different more quality ammo and get it sorted a little better.

Fingers crossed - but even right now I think it would get it done if needed haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CelsaEdmen

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's