Some of our favorite cape buff photos...

I saw a buff 2 weeks ago that had a bullet hole through his ear! Wish I had a photo of that.

A few of my favorite buffalo pictures from years past. The last one I have posted before but is by far one of my favorite buffalo pictures I have taken.

Africa-5727.jpg
Africa-6632.jpg
Africa-6643.jpg
Africa-7268.jpg
Africa-7285.jpg
Africa 2013 Goat-7297.jpg

Looking at these photos brings something to mind...we all look at the heads and the bodies of bulls but have you ever noticed how beefy their legs are? My most recent hunt really brought that home as I saw them climbing up into the high rocks with the klippies and kudu and running down nearly vertical slopes like the horses on Man from Snowy River. They can really climb like an elk with that much bulk on their feet and run where I can barely walk without breaking my neck. Amazing. I've seen elephant climb in the rocks too. Crazy.

I love all these! During my first trip over a couple weeks ago I got to see my first real life Cape buffalo. I was amazed. I wish I had taken some photos it I was in a little shock I think and didn’t take any. I saw the look they can give. I will go back and hunt them without a doubt. My kids just said they have a “look”. They were in awe too. We had some come in to water while my son and the PH and myself waited for a warthog. When the wind swirled they got real ornery real fast.

I love all these! During my first trip over a couple weeks ago I got to see my first real life Cape buffalo. I was amazed. I wish I had taken some photos it I was in a little shock I think and didn’t take any. I saw the look they can give. I will go back and hunt them without a doubt. My kids just said they have a “look”. They were in awe too. We had some come in to water while my son and the PH and myself waited for a warthog. When the wind swirled they got real ornery real fast.
They are really special. Get out with them in the bush and feel the ground vibrate when the wind swirls and they leave like thunder. One book calls them God's cattle. Awesome creatures.

Awesome photos gents. Totally biased as these are my favorites. Hard to forget your first.
Did that happen to be near Dande, in Zimbabwe? Something about the hills....

View attachment 618424View attachment 618425View attachment 618426View attachment 618427View attachment 618428View attachment 618429
From all the above, my favorite is the first one. That look is something.
And the other ones are great ones, too, with tons of caracter, old warriors indeed.
The '53 one is for itself a beautiful pic, just because is so vintage.
Never had the chance to hunting Buff, but sure I plan to do it - and this stuff is what my dreams are made of!

Ha, that’s me on the bottom with the broke horn buff. I’m proud I made your short list. Lol.

Nice! 500's get it done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anton12345

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Ready for the next hunt
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg