My new Heym Express in .416 Rigby

I am green with envy!
That's the business!

These were made in many cartridges up to .600 NE .
Correct.
In 600 NE and in 577 NE and in 500 NE (even in different 500 wildcats calibers, custom made directly from the factory - then in Münnerstadt/Germany -).

Had one in 500NE...think was around 1993 when i bought it new.....but the mercury recoil reducer in the stock really pissed me off, as when i was very thirsty on a buff hunt all I could hear was what sounded like water gurgling around ....drove me nuts and made me even thirstier....kept looking around to see who had a water bottle...it was only when I shook the stock I realised where it was coming from.... :E Rofl: ....when got back swopped it for 2 other rifles with Paul...another problem was the new 500 NE ammunition back then had a small groove around the base of the case where it joined the rim. So when loaded in the magazine with each rim in front of the one below it the rim hooked into the groove and stuck there, so you couldn't move the bolt forward and chamber a round...I had some old kynoch so loaded those first then a new one last, as the older kynoch didn't have the groove...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anton12345

Latest profile posts

Ready for the next hunt
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg