Some of our favorite cape buff photos...

Interesting that you mention Crooks Corner...that is on my bucket list someday...and Gonarezhou.

Those last 2 photos look like you were with me 2 weeks ago...same kind of look just before we stalked them.
I saw buff all over like this almost every day of my hunt. good to see these big herds

Guess I should’ve asked what safari company on the Zimbabwean side, I think Panther Trackers operates close to there on the Mozambique side

Guess I should’ve asked what safari company on the Zimbabwean side, I think Panther Trackers operates close to there on the Mozambique side
Gavin does work that area I believe.

Guess I should’ve asked what safari company on the Zimbabwean side

This was 12 years ago... I don't remember the hunt bloc, but one of my pictures is labeled "Malaputi", if that helps at all... I can't ask John...yesterday marked 3 years Covid took his life :(

Ed Z

A bit of fun especially for a future PH
IMG_0899.jpg

With all these great pics of buff it would be nice if there was a tool on this sight where you could place a red dot on the pic of shot placement.
So many great pics at all angles it imo would be a great tool.

With all these great pics of buff it would be nice if there was a tool on this sight where you could place a red dot on the pic of shot placement.
So many great pics at all angles it imo would be a great tool.

Great idea! I am sure somebody has that ability.

Be nice to see. You would get a good understanding of where to shoot in a lot of situations. For me someone saying so far up the leg…..is his far my far :unsure: seen this a lot in bird and clay shooting. Yeah I gave it such and such lead….then you have the inches versus cm:eek::ROFLMAO:

Might down load a few of these pics and have a go. Put up with why I took that shot…..or not took it.

Interesting that you mention Crooks Corner...that is on my bucket list someday...and Gonarezhou.
I don't hunt there because I don't gamble. I could have the best hand on earth and the PH would just say, "I'm Gonarezhou"....
Lots of funny names in Africa.

For a buffalo, Barrie Duckworth gave me a tip years ago on shot placement.
He told me to aim at the daylight between the front legs -regardless of angle and level where the neck meets the body ( dewlap). That is about 1/3rd the way up.
For a 1/4 away shot, I picture where the legs would be if I could see thru the buffalo.
For a sideways presentation, I come up the leg, even (level) with the dewlap & shoot.

Just thought I'd pass along Barrie's tip.

Ciao,
Jack

Barrie's advice is very good and no surprise coming from him. I took that exact shot last year in low light at about 60 yards. Buff was dead in 20 yards...and that was with a 375, not a cannon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
makeannee

Latest profile posts

John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,
I hunted elephant with Luke Samaris in 2005. It was my fourth safari and I tell you he is a fine gentleman the best. I got the opportunity to meet Patty Curtis, although never hunted with him but enjoyed our conversation around our tent in the Selous. Very sad for a tough guy to leave this world the way he did. Let’s pray the murderers are caught. I hope to see Luke in Nashville.