Show us your movies about Africa

Another non hunting but good movie is Clint Eastwoods, INVICTUS. I don't even like sports movies but this one is good and much about Mandela. Morgan Freeman is good, Matt Damon is good also but his attempts at a South African accent is a little sad.

Out of Africa has to be one of the classics. "i once had a farm in africa".......

I dreamed of Africa.....Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger.

MV5BMjc3NzkyMjQzM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjk1NzkxMQ@@._V1_UY268_CR3,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
In blood diamond the debeers diamond merchant is professor Andrew Stain from the gods must be crazy

Most of the city scenes in Blood diamonds was filmed in Maputo, Mozambique.

In blood diamond the debeers diamond merchant is professor Andrew Stain from the gods must be crazy
He plays Rudolph Van de Kaap in Blood Diamond. I never even recognized him! Great thread.

After "Titanic" I refused to watch any movie Leonardo acted in, he redeemed himself in Blood Diamonds, played his part to perfection.

I guess he is really good in the REVENANT for which he won his first Best Actor Oscar. I have not seen it yet though. Despite his very left politics I like his movies for the most part, but Blood Diamond is my favorite so far. BODY OF LIES is also very good, middle East movie.

I guess he is really good in the REVENANT for which he won his first Best Actor Oscar. I have not seen it yet though. Despite his very left politics I like his movies for the most part, but Blood Diamond is my favorite so far. BODY OF LIES is also very good, middle East movie.
I agree. His lefty politics irritates the hell out of me. But he's a great actor. The revenant was pretty good.

When I was in the military, I was assigned a few 32 battalion soldiers to my platoon, I was more nervous of them than the enemy.

I have this poster, two variations of the movie soundtrack, a movie companion book and a paperback copy of the story the movie is based on, a VHS and a DVD. I guess you could say I am a fan! BTW, the movie is much better than the book. My first safari in 1985 was in the same general area that HATARI was filmed. The Germans in our camp all said it was a Hardy Kruger movie, while we of course said it was a John Wayne movie. I suppose if you are from NY, it was a Red Buttons movie right?

When I was in the military, I was assigned a few 32 battalion soldiers to my platoon, I was more nervous of them than the enemy.
Wow! I think some of us would like to hear some stories. I researched Buffalo battalion a little. Collected some of there Kit. Did thouse guys carry the SA version of the galil. Theres a guy in Tennessee who specializes in building just SADF style rifles. Any old pictures would be awesome

I have this poster, two variations of the movie soundtrack, a movie companion book and a paperback copy of the story the movie is based on, a VHS and a DVD. I guess you could say I am a fan! BTW, the movie is much better than the book. My first safari in 1985 was in the same general area that HATARI was filmed. The Germans in our camp all said it was a Hardy Kruger movie, while we of course said it was a John Wayne movie. I suppose if you are from NY, it was a Red Buttons movie right?
My favorite part is when Leo's character talking with the super hot Jennifer Connelly. There arguing life style politics and he says. " Get over yourself Darling" !!!
SkrGAbSh.jpg

They were in full SADF gear and weapons.

I saw a interview somewhere we're he said he hung out in SA for a few months and just hung out with people to get the accent down

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrandiWitc

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia