Saw this on a FB page today

Yep. Looks like something I might see in Texas. If I ever went to Texas again. And that's not happening.

Tacky in the extreme. I sometimes think my little house is filled to the brim with horns and skulls but no comparison to that. This guy's living room probably has purple velvet upholstery and green wallpaper.
Wow, painting all Texans with a broad brush?!

Yep. Looks like something I might see in Texas. If I ever went to Texas again. And that's not happening.

Tacky in the extreme. I sometimes think my little house is filled to the brim with horns and skulls but no comparison to that. This guy's living room probably has purple velvet upholstery and green wallpaper.
You are truly naturally gifted. Guaranteed to dive into the middle of a serious discussion on almost any topic with an offensive, irrelevant, or totally uninformed observation. You are consistent - I'll give you that.

It took me quite awhile to see what was causing the issue. That said, terribly bad taste.

You are truly naturally gifted. Guaranteed to dive into the middle of a serious discussion on almost any topic with an offensive, irrelevant, or totally uninformed observation. You are consistent - I'll give you that.
Maybe that's why he fled to Canada.

....... You could say the masks over the bar offend me too because they are also presumably of black people and they have big lips, etc. Where does it end?
If someone goes on about the carved masks from Africa being racist I give up.

I happened to notice this and found it disturbing as presented. I brought up the discussion because it is an issue that I think we can learn from and easily address.
I did not say hide ourselves in the closet or just ignore that "snowflakes".

No idea who the owner of this trophy room is.
Although I suspect it would be simple enough to figure it out.

I was admiring some incredible Bushbuck trophies right up until I found it..... The fact that this is present at all, never mind that it was posted on FB, is astounding. :E Shocked: :E Red Hot:

It is embarrassing to have this associated with hunting.

View attachment 582533
More money than brains to post this!

Never. I'll always have discussions about concerns or issues with my brethern.
As Hunters, ignoring the possible impact of our images and posts is myopic.

As @Red Leg noted when pictures hit the net, it is not JOHNNY ANONYMOUS posting, a "Hunter" posted it. That is what's concluded, associated and remembered.

What you are up to in your private home is up to you. When you bring it out in public and present it for consumption on the net you invite a reaction, reply or response.

I'm in a unique position here on AH to view the impacts of these apparent little foibles. If the image bugs me I can only imagine what the truly "sensitive" people will see.

I just hope my fellow hunters can become mindful and choose to consider the negative and positive impact when they compose their photos and when they post them.

I have had my words and photos misappropriated and abused by anti's, as have several others here. Some poor members have been subject to abuse campaigns that were astounding in their breadth.
In the campaign to promote hunting we don't need more work.

PS. I also help little old ladies cross the street, shovel the snow off the walk to make sure people don't slip and fall, hold doors open for people and say please and thank you. I know they do this in Texas too. I've been there. :)
Very well said. We on this forum may have some perception of the conservation and African local economy boosting dollars that this cluttered menagerie represents, but the majority of Facebook perusers are uninitiated and will see only a greedy blood lusting game hog who appears to have no perception of conservation. Note that all my posed pictures with dead animals do not show me smiling (exception is my first kill, a mallard duck in 1965 when I was too young to understand much about respect).

That guy must own a cherry picker and have an army of housekeepers on staff (doubtless from the other side of the Wall). Keeping his vast trophy collection clean in that dusty Texas environment would be more than a battle. More like full scale war! The ground here is covered with snow half the year and I can still barely keep up with maintenance on less than two dozen wall hangers. I notice this morning my one and only shoulder mount, a respectable muley buck, looks like he has cataracts. Time to dig out the Swifter wand ... again.

Backyard game like horseshoes, also called baggo depending on what part of the country you play in. You throw bean bags filled with corn into the holes on the the board 1 point to land on board 3 to get it in the hole.

Maybe that's why he fled to Canada.
That’s funny!….. because it’s true!

@Red Leg I salute your talent for summing up my thoughts in a mature and non profane manner!

Very well said. We on this forum may have some perception of the conservation and African local economy boosting dollars that this cluttered menagerie represents, but the majority of Facebook perusers are uninitiated and will see only a greedy blood lusting game hog who appears to have no perception of conservation. Note that all my posed pictures with dead animals do not show me smiling (exception is my first kill, a mallard duck in 1965 when I was too young to understand much about respect).

That guy must own a cherry picker and have an army of housekeepers on staff (doubtless from the other side of the Wall). Keeping his vast trophy collection clean in that dusty Texas environment would be more than a battle. More like full scale war! The ground here is covered with snow half the year and I can still barely keep up with maintenance on less than two dozen wall hangers. I notice this morning my one and only shoulder mount, a respectable muley buck, looks like he has cataracts. Time to dig out the Swifter wand ... again.
Pretty sure this is actually a business not a house. I chose not to OUT them. That is not my point.

If the Anti's want to go after someone for the number of trophies they have I can not manage that kind of displeasure. They are going to hate it, one way or the other. For the points we can manage easily, lets not provide more fodder.

Having a huge conglomerate collection is incredible. I was always in awe of Peter Flacks menagerie. His entire house was a very tasteful museum to the African species he had hunted.

Last edited:
Backyard game like horseshoes, also called baggo depending on what part of the country you play in. You throw bean bags filled with corn into the holes on the the board 1 point to land on board 3 to get it in the hole.
Thanks. One more for the list of what I learned today.

...... and this my fellow members is just how easy it would be for anyone to generalize about Hunters from one image.

I first watched the movie Gettysburg in 1993 and never forgot these words spoken in this movie by the character Sergeant Buster Kilrain in response to a question from Lieutenant Colonel Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain;
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time."

This is a link to the entire conversation;

...... and this my fellow members is just how easy it would be for anyone to generalize about Hunters from one image.
Which was/is my point. The lone star flag painting front and center makes a generalization much easier.

Last edited:
IMG_1116.jpeg
IMG_1066.jpeg

The town of Carcross Yukon Canada has an amazing collection of taxidermy (museum)! If you ever take an Alaskan cruise, get off the boat in Skagway and take the trip to the Yukon well worth the scenery and history!

I bet your house is so ugly lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b_reynolds_ak

Latest profile posts

Our predator control is going very well
Looking for brass or reloads for 475noz2 Jefferies ammo. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Charles
Brian wrote on Skshyk's profile.
Thank for the laughing post! You have a keen sense of humour. I am usually able to just ignore those geniuses but this time I could not get past it. chuckle, Brian