Saw this on a FB page today

That is exactly what scares me about the unintended consequences. A guy was just in awe of an incredible trophy room filled with amazing trophies, snapped a picture and probably never saw anything untoward when they composed the image. They Share it on FB and it is around the world in two seconds.
Without the yellow highlight I would have never even noticed the mask I was too busy studying the trophies.

FYI, it is the cover photo for the "Trophy Rooms of the World" Facebook page

1706024341516.png

So it’s okay if it was a white man? Or did you mean to say a man’s head ?
Appreciate the distinction and don't miss your point.

The Black Mans head in an African trophy room is what drew my attention. As I also stated later, any human head in a trophy room would leave me wondering.

Without the yellow highlight I would have never even noticed the mask I was too busy studying the trophies.
The only reason I saw the damn thing in the first place was because I was studying the trophies and zooming in on the Bushbuck on the wall behind. (a favourite)

It happened into my computer by chance via a friend who follows the page. I'll have to trust you, I do not know.
Yeah I have no reason to want to portray it as anything other than what it is. What I posted above is a screenshot. Just informing you and others in the audience where it can be found. It was borrowed from one of the followers of that page with their permission I never would have seen that head.....as you can see from my screenshot above over 111,400 people also follow the page and I'm guessing very few of them have noticed it either. Some liberal snowflake is never going to look that far into the picture.....they are going to see a bunch of mounted animals and immediately be triggered anyways. You could say the masks over the bar offend me too because they are also presumably of black people and they have big lips, etc. Where does it end?

Yep. Looks like something I might see in Texas. If I ever went to Texas again. And that's not happening.

Tacky in the extreme. I sometimes think my little house is filled to the brim with horns and skulls but no comparison to that. This guy's living room probably has purple velvet upholstery and green wallpaper.

Could someone have been trying to point out the dangers of the hippopotamus, that they are big enough to eat you? Unfortunately they might not have thought it through about the perception of the visual.
This is the only internet site I have posted pictures of animals I have harvested. I don’t want to trigger some anti and provide ammo for their attacks on hunting. What we do, say, and display effects everyone that enjoys hunting, fishing and trapping.

Last edited:
At what point do you stop being “ your brothers keeper”.
Saving some that post private info by accident is one thing.
Intentionally posting something that is controversial to “stir the pot” is another

Never. I'll always have discussions about concerns or issues with my brethern.
As Hunters, ignoring the possible impact of our images and posts is myopic.

As @Red Leg noted when pictures hit the net, it is not JOHNNY ANONYMOUS posting, a "Hunter" posted it. That is what's concluded, associated and remembered.

What you are up to in your private home is up to you. When you bring it out in public and present it for consumption on the net you invite a reaction, reply or response.

I'm in a unique position here on AH to view the impacts of these apparent little foibles. If the image bugs me I can only imagine what the truly "sensitive" people will see.

I just hope my fellow hunters can become mindful and choose to consider the negative and positive impact when they compose their photos and when they post them.

I have had my words and photos misappropriated and abused by anti's, as have several others here. Some poor members have been subject to abuse campaigns that were astounding in their breadth.
In the campaign to promote hunting we don't need more work.

PS. I also help little old ladies cross the street, shovel the snow off the walk to make sure people don't slip and fall, hold doors open for people and say please and thank you. I know they do this in Texas too. I've been there. :)

Could someone just have been pointing out the dangers of the hippopotamus, that they are big enough to eat you? Unfortunately they might not have thought it through about the perception of the visual.

Safety video to follow. Maybe, that is what is playing on the wall underneath the hippo.

Yep. Looks like something I might see in Texas. If I ever went to Texas again. And that's not happening.

Tacky in the extreme. I sometimes think my little house is filled to the brim with horns and skulls but no comparison to that. This guy's living room probably has purple velvet upholstery and green wallpaper.
This offends me. :cool:

This offends me. :cool:

Me too. :) If it gets really bad, I have a solution.

How the hell does it become a generalization about a Texan, Texas, American, Canadian, etc.,

Hunters are everywhere. Someone, in their hunters trophy room made a choice that's all.

If you are posting a picture, ......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b_reynolds_ak

Latest profile posts

Our predator control is going very well
Looking for brass or reloads for 475noz2 Jefferies ammo. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Charles
Brian wrote on Skshyk's profile.
Thank for the laughing post! You have a keen sense of humour. I am usually able to just ignore those geniuses but this time I could not get past it. chuckle, Brian