Report Scam in AH Classifieds

I got a PM from this new member to contact a seller that I know through a different email address.

This guy needs to go!

IMG_6091.png

Jerome
Received a pm from Teklanika-ray and it is new member limited info.

Yep, I'm a real boy.

I live in Alaska, and just found your site. I have decided to do a safari when I retire in three years. So I thought I should get some more information. Your site seems packed with good info.

I am a bit cautious about messing with the classified section anymore. You appear to have some scammer issues, and as I am a "New Member" that has had mixed outcomes (and less that welcoming at times). Anyway love the site. Sorry, I'm so new. Not sure what I can do about that now. If you want additional information on me, feel free to DM me. Happy to chat with like minded individuals anytime (except moose season which is coming very soon, if you DM then it may be a day or two before I respond).

Thanks for the membership Ray Heuer

Welcome to AH Ray! Glad to have you join us and I think that you will enjoy our community. Have fun exploring the site, a tremendous amount of information and fun pictures to look at. All good, and do not hesitate to reach out at any time. Cheers, Jerome

What I sometimes do, I just type suspicious email address in google.
Sometimes it is immediately directed to some black list. (typical for Nigerian princesses)
Sometimes, as is the case with above email address it is linked to several relatively fresh selling adds. No older internet signature.
So, fresh email address, from fresh new unvetted forum member, strange messaging, red flag!

Had two responses to a WTB add. Both same title and same wording in the body. One did respond to texts but very delayed. Seems fishy
IMG_4684.jpeg

Had two responses to a WTB add. Both same title and same wording in the body. One did respond to texts but very delayed. Seems fishyView attachment 638571
Yes, they are both new members that have been trying to build credit by welcoming other new members. Stay away.....

Thank you for reporting these scammers, both have been banned.

I wonder if we could bait the scammers? Meaning we all agree on a fake WTB post type? It’s not like the scammers would read the forum where we all decide that a WTB Remington 700 in 300WM is ALWAYS a fake ad?

This should work: "Hey buddy! Wanted to buy .243 Mossberg Patriot. Willing to pay $20K for the right gun in good condition. Send private message to @BRICKBURN if you have what I'm looking for."

That would sort it out quickly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNBChassid

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]