Report Scam in AH Classifieds

Have to be braindead to fall for that. I think I saw the same phone number on another site wanting to sell beach property in Bolivia.
@Ontario Hunter
And here's me thinking it was a beach front property with ocean views in Nevada.
Bob

Scamming by AI may be coming soo. Might peove prove to be very effective...

I made a deal on AH with @FLC. We made a deal on a Ruger Hawkeye 77 375 Ruger which he sent me numerous pictures of. We agreed on a 59% down payment and then the remainder would be paid after the rifle was received at my FFL. This deal took place on Friday May 31st when the 59% payment was made. @FLC assured me he would ship the rifle on Monday. I’ve not heard from him since the day payment was made and he hasn’t returned emails or messages on AH. He has been fairly active on AH and after a long conversation, I felt safe in the deal. I was wrong. This was my very first deal on AH and it appears I was stolen from. I had saved my money for quite some time for this and I will learn from my mistakes and just purchase new from now on.

I made a deal on AH with @FLC. We made a deal on a Ruger Hawkeye 77 375 Ruger which he sent me numerous pictures of. We agreed on a 59% down payment and then the remainder would be paid after the rifle was received at my FFL. This deal took place on Friday May 31st when the 59% payment was made. @FLC assured me he would ship the rifle on Monday. I’ve not heard from him since the day payment was made and he hasn’t returned emails or messages on AH. He has been fairly active on AH and after a long conversation, I felt safe in the deal. I was wrong. This was my very first deal on AH and it appears I was stolen from. I had saved my money for quite some time for this and I will learn from my mistakes and just purchase new from now on.
Sorry to hear this happened to you. Did this transaction happen solely via PM? As in did he approach to by PM out the outset? 59% is odd..

Sorry to hear this happened to you. Did this transaction happen solely via PM? As in did he approach to by PM out the outset? 59% is odd..
I think the countries in the Middle East have it right with regard to punishment for thieves - cut off their hands!
I think the countries in the Middle East, have it right when it comes to punishment for thieves – cut off their hands!

Started via pm then went to email
Sorry for what happened to you but no scammer so far has been willing to take a phone call. It’s the only nearly guaranteed way because a scammer won’t be able to talk hunting and guns and will likely have an accent. PMs and emails combined with a want to buy add gave him an opening. It’s also a member I probably wouldn’t have dealings with because he only participated for 2 weeks after joining likely just to get a few posts to his name.

How did you make payment?

Sorry for what happened to you but no scammer so far has been willing to take a phone call. It’s the only nearly guaranteed way because a scammer won’t be able to talk hunting and guns and will likely have an accent. PMs and emails combined with a want to buy add gave him an opening. It’s also a member I probably wouldn’t have dealings with because he only participated for 2 weeks after joining likely just to get a few posts to his name.
He said he was willing to have a phone conversation and I just didn’t. I should’ve.

Here’s are the emails

IMG_4491.jpeg
IMG_4492.jpeg
IMG_4493.jpeg
IMG_4494.png
IMG_4495.jpeg
IMG_4496.jpeg
IMG_4497.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
After all the years and threads about scams, if someone doesn't do a video call with the seller holding the item, they get what they deserve. Just my .02!

Here’s are the emails
Sorry again, but that all says scammer to me, especially immediately taking it off of AH to email. He/She is offering you a rifle shipped below usual value without ever offering it publicly. No name or phone number was given until time for payment. Email he is using doesn’t match the PayPal email he set up. Then it’s a woman’s name for payment that doesn’t match the initials FLC. I’d have been really interested if he would have taken a call. His English is good. Luckily you only got taken for $425.

Two more muppets were banned today.
New guys trying to sell firearms.
VPN's from all over including IP's from hot spots.

Be careful out there.

I believe I have been scammed by username “blip” . He had been a member since march and I sent him a 50% deposit for a CZ take off stock a week ago with no response so far to PMs for updates .
Did they reach out to you by PM?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
makeannee

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,
I hunted elephant with Luke Samaris in 2005. It was my fourth safari and I tell you he is a fine gentleman the best. I got the opportunity to meet Patty Curtis, although never hunted with him but enjoyed our conversation around our tent in the Selous. Very sad for a tough guy to leave this world the way he did. Let’s pray the murderers are caught. I hope to see Luke in Nashville.