Report Scam in AH Classifieds

I believe I have been scammed by username “blip” . He had been a member since march and I sent him a 50% deposit for a CZ take off stock a week ago with no response so far to PMs for updates .
What was the reason for only sending a deposit? Just curious.

I only sent the deposit and said I would send balance when he sent me a copy of paid shipping receipt since he was a newer member.

He wanted a screen shot of where I sent payment and confirmed receipt of funds. He messaged me back to ask for my shipping address and when I would like package shipped. Why would he go to all this trouble .

He wanted a screen shot of where I sent payment and confirmed receipt of funds. He messaged me back to ask for my shipping address and when I would like package shipped. Why would he go to all this trouble .
Interesting why someone would scam you out of such a small sum. You’d think he’d go for a larger amount after all that trouble.

Let me play the Devil's advocate here for a sec. He stated that he was older, could it be possible that he passed before shipping the rifle?

Also, if he is a scammer and depending on what shit hole of the world, he/she lives, the amount maybe more than what he/she makes in a year.

He has private message turned off as well it appears. I was hoping to see if he would reply.

Most scammers seem to always want $1,000 when I've dealt with one. Maybe it's an amount that falls below a certain level of what is monitored heavily for crimes or fund transfers. There are a lot of financial thresholds in place for businesses & individuals here in the US - mainly mandated federally like the Bank Secrecy Act...where my business can't cash a check over $1,000 or general policies for money laundering where I can't sell over $1,000 in gift cards to an individual daily.

No telling, but the 1K seems to be a frequently used amount in my experience.

I believe I have been scammed by username “blip” . He had been a member since march and I sent him a 50% deposit for a CZ take off stock a week ago with no response so far to PMs for updates .
I remembered the username. He was banned as a scammer last week.

Likely create some confidence so it would take a few extra days to report him. It’s a smart scammer tactic if that’s why he did it.

Not long ago this same poes "blip" offered me some ammunition that I had been searching for but I decided to go another route. I didn't think much about it because it was such a small amount of money. This was the name and address where he/she wanted payment sent.

Todd Reed
2011 Queens Highway
Kerhonkson NY 12446

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
makeannee

Latest profile posts

John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,
I hunted elephant with Luke Samaris in 2005. It was my fourth safari and I tell you he is a fine gentleman the best. I got the opportunity to meet Patty Curtis, although never hunted with him but enjoyed our conversation around our tent in the Selous. Very sad for a tough guy to leave this world the way he did. Let’s pray the murderers are caught. I hope to see Luke in Nashville.