Remington 798 Safari Stock For Sale (Zastava Mauser 98)

roklok

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
I have a Remington 798 Safari stock for sale. It has some nice figure, and is in very good condition. This is the hard to find split walnut blank with a maple center section, with lighter colored (rosewood ?) grip cap and forend tip. This came off my .375 which I recently restocked in english walnut. This would be an ideal stock to replace the cheaper "plywood" laminated 798 stocks found on most of the 798 .375s and .458s. It should also fit the Whitworth Mausers. Note that it has inletting for the later crossbolt style floorplate latch. It has two very small scratches and some touch up finish just above the sling stud that can be seen if the light is right, otherwise it is defect free. It has a limited amount of glass bedding, if necessary it would be easy to remove a bit and skim bed it to your action. It also has the barrel recoil lug glassed into the stock. I would like to have $250.00 plus shipping for this stock, payable by check or money order. Any questions please ask !
20231212_164917.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
XJCPatrick

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]