Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, NRA, DSC
Hunted
USA, CANADA, AFRICA
- I have the choice of May or June next year. Any advantage to either time? Thanks

Personally I think may can sometimes be a little early. I have been there before in May and one year it rained all week. Late June is a great time.

depends exactly where u going to hunt
but not a huge difference in weather for most parts in May or June

I've hunted May twice. Once it was green and thick. Beautiful to see but made hunting challenging. Benefit, Kudu were in rut. This year it was dry and a lot of the leaves had fallen. Still not winter but made the spot and stalk a little easier.

We hunted May. It was thick but not terrible. I imagine if we were able to find kudu, you could probably find sable. May and June are the rut for a lot of desirable PG. Kudu, impala, etc.

We did see a good amount of sable in some areas while we were there.

I would probably pick June due to better visibility. Some say sable aren't wily but I have found them to be challenging and lovers of good cover. All I have hunted were either in or very near good concealment cover. Roan on the other hand stood out in the open staring at us. I'm speaking of Limpopo areas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JacquettaM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]